Multiple Accounts/Characters

Multiple Accounts or Characters

You CAN have multiple accounts.
This protects several things including but not limited to:
Families who play the same game
Roommates/Friends at same house who play the same game
Players who want to experience different factions or test aspects of the game
Players who are tired of an account and want to try a new account

Those accounts CANNOT interact with each other.
This covers several things including but not limited to:
Using alternate/multiple accounts in the same alliance
Using alternate/multiple accounts to spy on other alliances
Using alternate/multiple accounts to farm resources
Using alternate/multiple accounts to artificially bulk-up your fighting records (fake fights)
Using alternate/multiple accounts to weaken other players/wilds for your main
Using alternate/multiple accounts to "mule" or hold items for your main
Using alternate/multiple accounts to break the TOS in an attempt to shield your main
Using alternate/multiple accounts to do anything that would be a violation of the TOS

Players found to be violating our rules regarding the use of multiple accounts may be banned without noticed. Don't have your accounts interact and you won't have a problem. i have seen ppl ask about this many times here is what was posted about it by the GM'S
Advertisement

henplx

Rank 0
henplx
PostedAug 17, 2013 11:47 am
So basically, you can have alts but they have to be in the same guild?
Someone from my guild got 1 toon banned because he had 2 characters in the same guild.

mpmd23

Rank 0
mpmd23
PostedAug 17, 2013 12:26 pm

henplx wrote:
So basically, you can have alts but they have to be in the same guild?
Someone from my guild got 1 toon banned because he had 2 characters in the same guild.  
you can Alts but only one of your chars can be in a guild the others will have to stay guild less

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
On the planet consumed by greed. United States
PostedAug 17, 2013 4:20 pm   Last edited by skull12580 on Aug 17, 2013 4:53 pm. Edited 1 time in total
mpmd23 wrote:
you can Alts but only one of your chars can be in a guild the others will have to stay guild less  

From my understanding, you can have both characters in a guild, but neither of said characters should be "spying" on the guilds in question to allow one of the character's guilds to have an advantage over the opposing one.
Edit: Going to add one small statement here. While you can have two characters in two different guilds, do remember that both guilds must be aware of your alternate character in the other guild. This, alongside not sharing guild secrets or personal information with the other guild will ensure that having two characters in both guilds is not a problem.

If the account is not owned by you, but uses the same IP, I imagine they are free to stay in the same guild. If this were the case, I would recommend sending a ticket ASAP explaining the situation to have them white-list you from events and other actions that may otherwise be considered breaking the ToS or the rules.

Sweetie817

Rank 0
PostedAug 17, 2013 4:44 pm
Those accounts CANNOT interact with each other.
This covers several things including but not limited to:

Using alternate/multiple accounts in the same alliance
no 2 accounts controlled by YOU can not be in the same guild

They can be in other guilds BUT a big problem is the 2 guilds your characters are in going against each other in GB can be considered spying ( it hard to prove you have never told another guild things about the other guild)

Using alternate/multiple accounts to farm resources
Friends list= harvesting each others farm.No its not a BIG gain, but it is still a resource

Using alternate/multiple accounts to artificially bulk-up your fighting records (fake fights)
BG/ farming honor off of your mule/Duel, dropping them to gain ranks in Arena

Using alternate/multiple accounts to weaken other players/wilds for your main
Plundering others with Both of your characters

Using alternate/multiple accounts to "mule" or hold items for your main
Keeping gold on your weaker character for your main to plunder

ALSO running dungeons with both of your characters

Using alternate/multiple accounts to break the TOS in an attempt to shield your main
Using alternate/multiple accounts to do anything that would be a violation of the TOS

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedAug 17, 2013 6:58 pm
Sweetie817 wrote:

They can be in other guilds BUT a big problem is the 2 guilds your characters are in going against each other in GB can be considered spying ( it hard to prove you have never told another guild things about the other guild)  

Telling the guilds that you have an alt in their competitor's guild will help with this. Basically being open and transparent. I used to have an alt in the #3 guild on the server i play. It made finding a team for multi-party features easier and also, allowed my alt to benefit from the rewards of being in a guild active and successful in guild wars. I made sure that the guild leader was well aware of who I was before applying and that they didn't mind my presence. I have abandoned that account more or less now since 1 account is time consuming enough and I did not have the time or inclination to keep playing it.

As long as you are honest from the outset, it is very difficult to accuse you of spying.

mpmd23

Rank 0
mpmd23
PostedAug 18, 2013 12:00 am

your safest bet is to just have 1 acct on 1 sever and if you want to have multi chars then put it on one of the other 3 servers then you dont have to worriy about any one saying you are spying ect ect ..

benightedx

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2013 10:22 am
Please excuse me from my ignorance.. Can someone log in two or more different accounts/characters of the same server at the same time on the same computer?

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedDec 05, 2013 11:45 am
benightedx wrote:
Please excuse me from my ignorance.. Can someone log in two or more different accounts/characters of the same server at the same time on the same computer?  

The rules on multi-accounts has changed slightly, in particular, where as before you were not allowed to keep multiple accounts in the same guild the new rule is that you cannot have them in separate guilds. Please see: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2084349

There is no rule preventing you from logging into your own multiple accounts at the same time provided that you play within the rules set out in the original thread posted by GMTk as amended by the thread posted by GMAcademy.

simxxx

Rank 0
simxxx
PostedDec 20, 2013 2:57 pm
RollaR_50248 wrote:
benightedx wrote:

The rules on multi-accounts has changed slightly, in particular, where as before you were not allowed to keep multiple accounts in the same guild the new rule is that you cannot have them in separate guilds. Please see: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2084349

There is no rule preventing you from logging into your own multiple accounts at the same time provided that you play within the rules set out in the original thread posted by GMTk as amended by the thread posted by GMAcademy.  

Great explanation Smile