rayan.honor

Rank 0
PostedAug 06, 2013 5:24 am   Last edited by rayan.honor on Aug 06, 2013 9:39 am. Edited 1 time in total

Cannot understand PvP damage calculation. Please help

I'm playing the game for several months and still cannot understand game mechanics for PvP damage calculation.

Example.
Doing chakra damage.
According to game's hint, one of my skills does raw chakra damage in range 800-XXX. Chakra portion is gravity.
This skill hit WH class with buffs on, and does 25% of minimal raw chakra damage (i.e. 200 chakra damage).
According to the guides, the only thing that matters for reducing chakra damage is particular chakra resistance. So, to reduce damage to 25% of its original value a player should have gravity resistance = 7500 or greater.
Am I right?
Advertisement

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedAug 06, 2013 9:21 am
EVA and VOID is based on a 100 value = 1% however I don't believe this applies to Chk Resistances as well.

It's true that the only stat that reduces Chk Dmg is the Chk Resistances so the best way to find out how the stat values proportion in % would be to simply ask the Whipper how much Gravity Resistance he/she has.

From my own personal testing, 100 Chk Resistance = ~2% dmg reduction so it's safe to assume said Whipper has roughly 3700 Gravity Resistance. This number is easily obtainable with his/her Chk Shield buff.

rayan.honor

Rank 0
PostedAug 06, 2013 9:41 am
Thank you for detailed explanation, TheNinjaKitten.

I thought that anything is explained and clear, until few hours latter I made a shot at enemy medic and saw the same chakra damage 1:4 reduction in the battle log.
How a medic can receive that high chakra resistance - even with resistance chip and unique jewerly I cann't imagine ME with gravity chakra resistance 3700. Medic was not in his mech form.

I would run a bit and take attention what is going on.

rayan.honor

Rank 0
PostedAug 07, 2013 2:42 am
My concern is about some OP players that demonstrate really enormous stats. Game interaction with DPS classes (ME. SE, PU) that have damage resistances of a well-equiped and buffed tank class is not a pleasant experience at all. And the first question is - how comes?

Dilemma that come in mind - can that extremely high resistances be achieved legally or they are achieved with a game hack, thus creating unfair competition.

Chakra damage/resistance pair is taken as an easy example because it is one-factor, easy to calculate formula.
Gravity comes useful because typical gear has lower gravity resistance that other types of resistance.

Back to our calculation.
I've seen no armor or weapon with chakra resistance so far.
So, to develop maximum gravity chakra resitance, player would equip:

Resist Datachip: 500 gravity
Unique Earring: 130 gravity
Rare Ring, Necklace, Trinket: 200 gravity (I don't have stats for unique one)

To sum up, 500+2*130+2*200+200+200=1560.

That is twice less to previously mentioned 3700 gravity resistance that arkana should have to reduce incoming chakra damage to 25% of its raw value. Or even less.

rayan.honor

Rank 0
PostedAug 07, 2013 4:10 am
polleys2 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/....  

This video is not related to the topic.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedAug 07, 2013 10:09 am
Hm interesting.
As a medic myself, I currently have 2580 Gravity Resistance. If I had my unique Trinket and Necklace this number would be slightly higher. Other than that, I honestly can not say because nothing else has direct effect on Chk Dmg reduction.

I know that your Min/Max Chk Dmg range from both your skill and stats can affect those numbers as well so you'd have to repeatedly use the same skill on the same opponent to get a solid average number. That method is where we got the ~2% reduction.

However, there's really no solid factual support to back up that number or numbers in general so it's very likely we'll never know sure. xD

rayan.honor

Rank 0
PostedAug 08, 2013 6:02 am
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
Hm interesting.
As a medic myself, I currently have 2580 Gravity Resistance.  

That is kinda cool. Either medics has some built-in charkra resistance, or I don't understand how this resistance should be acquired. As a punisher I have about 8000 gravity resistance and all it comes from resistance datachip and earrings. Can you decipher how do you reach that high resistance?

From other hand, my attempt to blame players seem to be wrong. Punisher's 'mighty impact' skill behave like it is nerfed [without warning] for PvP.
It's chakra damage is ok for PvE like monsters or boxes - completely in range that in-game hint describe it.
For PvP chakra damage values are generally from 20 to 50% to that of PvE. I will collect some statistics; either intentional reduce or not, this seems to be a bug.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedAug 08, 2013 11:58 am
My Gravity Resistance:
Unique Warrior Earring - 130
Unique Warrior Earring - 130
Unique Warrior Ring - 800
Unique Warrior Ring - 800
Rare Warrior Necklace - 120
Rare Warrior Trinket - 100
Pet Resist Datachip - 500

I would not be surprised if the skill is reduced for PvP and does not state such. If you'd like, you can report using this form once you collect your statistics. (: