Kokuangyou

Rank 0
Kokuangyou
PostedAug 07, 2013 7:24 pm   Last edited by Kokuangyou on Aug 07, 2013 7:48 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Price Check

So I just need a general price check on these shoes I have (for Venus server). I know that the rare version of these shoes sell for fairly high and I was wondering how much these would sell for (if they even sell for anything). Normally I'd let them sit in AH, but given that sales expire rather quickly now, I'd probably be losing more money than making. I would be comparing the shoes to other prices of the same item, but I haven't seen one yet in AH. A price and or price range would be much appreciated Smile .

Advertisement

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedAug 07, 2013 7:30 pm
You're better off checking the Consignment shop for a price check, the barter section for your server, or asking in game. Since prices vary across all three servers.

Kokuangyou

Rank 0
Kokuangyou
PostedAug 07, 2013 7:46 pm
Lyyrian wrote:
You're better off checking the Consignment shop for a price check, the barter section for your server, or asking in game. Since prices vary across all three servers.  

That's true, I forgot about the price variation across servers. I'll have to edit my post to let people know what server I'm on.
Also, I wasn't sure if this topic belonged under the "barter" section or the "gameplay" section and ultimately decided to post it under "gameplay". If this topic is in the wrong section, a forum moderator is more than welcome to move this topic to the appropriate section.
Finally, as stated, I have checked the Consignment (AH) shop for a price check, but these shoes aren't for sale in the AH (for whatever reason). That's why I decided to ask on the forums.

Aureola3114

Rank 2
Aureola3114
PostedAug 07, 2013 8:57 pm
Prices aren't set. They rise and fall depending on supply and demand. For example, a few weeks ago pet hunger hacks on venus were selling for around 40 gold. Now, the stocks of pets hunger hacks has fallen (outta the loot forges) and the demand has risen (MY PET'S DYING 911 OMG HELPPPP), and the prices are 250.

Equipment should have a mildly consistent price but as stated, you should check the consignment and try to find a similar item to yours, and price accordingly. If there are no items you can sell it at any price you want, but be careful; if too high you could get undercut and if too low you wouldn't gain much profit.

Kokuangyou

Rank 0
Kokuangyou
PostedAug 07, 2013 9:52 pm
Right, I understand that the prices aren't set. I'm always looking through the consignment (more than I should be) and looking at the prices. Just today I sold some Crimson Shards/Gems for around 30~40g and an hour later, they dropped down to half that. I sell high before prices drop back down and I'll admit that. It's the only way that I, and probably many others, can make decent gold, sadly.
The problem I'm having with these shoes are that the RARE version of these shoes (EVA, HP, DEF, MOVE SPD) cost around 2,000g at +7. Now, since these are only a MAGIC pair (EVA, HP, DEF) +6, I know that I'm certainly not going to get nearly as much as the RARE pair. Unfortunately, the consignment does not have a RARE (EVA, HP, DEF, MOVE SPD) +5 or +6, nor does it have any other MAGIC pair of (EVA, HP, DEF) so I can't even come up with a proper price. It's like you said, I don't want to sell for too high or I could get undercut, nor do I want to sell for too low, which is why I'm asking for opinions as to what I should set the price. This way I don't have to keep putting the same pair of shoes in consignment (which eats at my funds) because the price was too high.