lightsenshi6

Rank 0
lightsenshi6
PostedAug 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Where do quests stop?

I'm at level 25 and about halfway through it. Are there no further quests after this point? And how do most people level after this point?

Thank you.
Advertisement

Adasuna

Rank 3
Adasuna
PostedAug 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: Where do quests stop?

lightsenshi6 wrote:
I'm at level 25 and about halfway through it. Are there no further quests after this point? And how do most people level after this point?

Thank you.  

Grind,pvp, dungeon, and do dailies.

sunday.mourning

Rank 0
sunday.mourning
PostedAug 06, 2013 10:45 am
What Adasuna said. At level 25 and higher, quests aren't enough to get you to the next level. PVP, daily/repeatable quests (obtained from "quest vending machines" and in Caergate), and dungeons are mandatory to get to the next level; when you hit the next level you'll get a new set of quests again!

It's easy to want to rush from quest to quest, but if you do a lot of dungeons and pvp in between or during quests, then it doesn't feel like such a grind when trying to get XP to hit the next level. Also, once you hit the level cap, don't do that level's quests. Sometimes the rewards aren't plugged in and you won't be getting XP for completion--and making that XP back is a real grind!

Taywena

Rank 0
Taywena
PostedAug 06, 2013 2:35 pm
sunday.mourning wrote:
What Adasuna said. At level 25 and higher, quests aren't enough to get you to the next level. PVP, daily/repeatable quests (obtained from "quest vending machines" and in Caergate), and dungeons are mandatory to get to the next level; when you hit the next level you'll get a new set of quests again!

It's easy to want to rush from quest to quest, but if you do a lot of dungeons and pvp in between or during quests, then it doesn't feel like such a grind when trying to get XP to hit the next level. Also, once you hit the level cap, don't do that level's quests. Sometimes the rewards aren't plugged in and you won't be getting XP for completion--and making that XP back is a real grind!  

Actually if you don't PvP, you can find yourself running out of quests as early as level 17. This game has a lot of grinding in it. It's ridiculous once you get in the mid to upper 30s. Especially since they made IV party only.

lightsenshi6

Rank 0
lightsenshi6
PostedAug 07, 2013 6:38 am
Taywena wrote:
Actually if you don't PvP, you can find yourself running out of quests as early as level 17. This game has a lot of grinding in it. It's ridiculous once you get in the mid to upper 30s. Especially since they made IV party only.  

I've never been a fan of PvP personally. It's probably because to me an RPG is a co-operative not a competitive experience.

fuzzytoad

Rank 0
PostedAug 07, 2013 7:40 am
Taywena wrote:

That simply isn't true.

There's 2 primary reasons why people run out of quests midway through a level.

The first is by Teaming up to do quests. The amount of XP earned is split and you will find yourself out of quests and needing to grind far earlier than if you had done them solo.

Every class is capable of doing all of their primary quests solo.. yes, even full support medics.

the other reason is that most people stack their quests and complete multiple missions with the same requirements at the same time. Example: 2 quests requiring you to kill Amphibyon Warrior being completed at the same time.

There's no reason to run them both at the same time. If you accept one, complete it, then accept the other one and complete it separately, you're increasing the amount of XP earned.

You aren't saving any time by grouping all your quests at once and completing them in one trip. All you're doing is increasing the amount of time you need to grind.

I've levelled many characters to the upper 20s without needing to grind at all by doing my quests one at a time.

I've levelled most of them to 21 without doing any PvP at all and still had leftover level 20 quests. I don't like doing the BGs without a mech or cyberskin, so I simply don't until after I get the skin quest in Mereholt.

To reiterate, there's no requirement to PvP when levelling and while the BG experience points will speed up your levelling, they are not required at all. You may, in fact, earn more experience running a dungeon in the same amount of time.