1. End game ( 80 ) pvp is rare enough as it is, having a whole raid of Fury / Lights instant tele out of pvp as soon as one of them dies, is killing pvp.
Farming grinders isn't pvping. Instead of removing the instant tele, why don't you make an agreement with other players your lvl (ie lv80s) to not use tele or summon similar to how we made an agreement to not use noss and remedies in lower lvl zones? Make an agreement to the 80s to kill or die trying, otherwise stay in base if they don't see the possibility of winning.
2. Because of the lack of 80 pvp, one of the only ways to incease your kill count at a decent rate is to Invade maps, but with instant teles you cant even do that unless they are afk.
Killing grinders for kill count? If I were a grinder, I'd not want to deal with you and just instant port out. You're much higher lvl than I, and it wouldn't be fair to me. And if I'd like to try to survive on just a res rune, it would be even worse for me to not have instant tele. Am I obliged to have myself killed by you with no escape route just so you can get +1 kill? PVP is meant to test out your skills and work as a team to win, not run in, wind spin and get +7. If you're pvping purely for kill counts, I suggest you make a lvl 10 toon and farm golden apples. I'm sure the golden apples would increase in numbers faster than your kill count.
As far as i see, there is no reason for town scrolls to exist, all the places they go to are easy to get to by gatekeepers, and as i said above, they are ruining pvp.
They are ruining pvp for you because you can't kill grinders who aren't AFK while they're there. If they aren't there, the general gaming experience for grinders is ruined. Shall we ruin it for the 80s farming grinders, or shall we ruin it for the low level grinders so 80s get their counts?
A lot of people want this to be removed, but i do understand that the grinders are going to come to this thread and complain that now they cant escape people invading their map. So im going to list a number of things that could be done to improve things for 80's, Grinders, and come compromises.
I Sugeest :
1. Complete Removal of Town Scrolls ( improves end game pvp, which is the whole reason we have spent many months to hit 80, and many $1000's on Gear, Linking etc ).
Selfish. I've spent $1000s on gears, so you need to make me able to kill whoever I want regardless of how unfair it is for those I kill.
2. Put a long Cooldown ( 10 or 15 mins, or maybe the same as AH, Capital, Arena and Guildhouse Runes ) on the Town Scrolls, this way they cant be used constantly.
What if I wanted to grind and try to survive on just a res rune in fair conditions until I'm ready for pvp to get a CRR? No, having 80s attack me while I'm 60 isn't a fair condition on the map unless I can quickly escape.
3. Put a cast time on the Town Scrolls, this way they cant be used as a route to escape out of pvp, but can still be used for what they were first created for ( low lvls travelling quickly between maps and towns ).
How unfair for low lvls.
4. Put a lvl cap on them, i would suggest a cap that only allows certain lvls to use them ( perosnally i would as for 29 and lower, but could also be 59 and lower )
What's your reason here?
5. Make them unusable in pvp zones ( Preolium, Canta, Karis, DD1, DD2, Jungle, VR, PR, KI, New Maps ) this means they cant effect pvp AT ALL, which is what 80's want.
It's what you want, because you're already lv80.
Also while im here, another thing that can ruin pvp, is Party Summon Stones, I think increasing the CoolDown time on Summon Stones would greatly improve pvp. ( to balance it out, for convenience, you could Lower the CD on movement runes, so people can still move around easily ) this would improve pvp as it would stop one person in a raid dieing, and summoning the whole raid out.
Make an agreement between the two sides to not use them to summon out, but rather use them to get more allies.
well those are my suggestions, please feel free to /Support or /Unsupport, please give feedback and other Suggestions. But also please keep it on topic, its a petition, not an argument thread
Farming grinders is OK, and I've done it many times before. However, allow 80s a possibility to farm them, and also allow the possibility for grinders unwilling to be farmed to not be farmed by providing them with an escape route.