Stuffman6

Rank 0
Stuffman6
PostedJul 15, 2013 4:50 pm

I like cheesacake.

Completely unrelated but /Support. Here here!!
Advertisement

woodie39

Rank 2
woodie39
PostedJul 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Re: Petition

Please Stay On Topic
/no support

miki379 wrote:

1. End game ( 80 ) pvp is rare enough as it is, having a whole raid of Fury / Lights instant tele out of pvp as soon as one of them dies, is killing pvp.

Farming grinders isn't pvping. Instead of removing the instant tele, why don't you make an agreement with other players your lvl (ie lv80s) to not use tele or summon similar to how we made an agreement to not use noss and remedies in lower lvl zones? Make an agreement to the 80s to kill or die trying, otherwise stay in base if they don't see the possibility of winning.

2. Because of the lack of 80 pvp, one of the only ways to incease your kill count at a decent rate is to Invade maps, but with instant teles you cant even do that unless they are afk.

Killing grinders for kill count? If I were a grinder, I'd not want to deal with you and just instant port out. You're much higher lvl than I, and it wouldn't be fair to me. And if I'd like to try to survive on just a res rune, it would be even worse for me to not have instant tele. Am I obliged to have myself killed by you with no escape route just so you can get +1 kill? PVP is meant to test out your skills and work as a team to win, not run in, wind spin and get +7. If you're pvping purely for kill counts, I suggest you make a lvl 10 toon and farm golden apples. I'm sure the golden apples would increase in numbers faster than your kill count.

As far as i see, there is no reason for town scrolls to exist, all the places they go to are easy to get to by gatekeepers, and as i said above, they are ruining pvp.

They are ruining pvp for you because you can't kill grinders who aren't AFK while they're there. If they aren't there, the general gaming experience for grinders is ruined. Shall we ruin it for the 80s farming grinders, or shall we ruin it for the low level grinders so 80s get their counts?

A lot of people want this to be removed, but i do understand that the grinders are going to come to this thread and complain that now they cant escape people invading their map. So im going to list a number of things that could be done to improve things for 80's, Grinders, and come compromises.

I Sugeest :

1. Complete Removal of Town Scrolls ( improves end game pvp, which is the whole reason we have spent many months to hit 80, and many $1000's on Gear, Linking etc ).

Selfish. I've spent $1000s on gears, so you need to make me able to kill whoever I want regardless of how unfair it is for those I kill.

2. Put a long Cooldown ( 10 or 15 mins, or maybe the same as AH, Capital, Arena and Guildhouse Runes ) on the Town Scrolls, this way they cant be used constantly.

What if I wanted to grind and try to survive on just a res rune in fair conditions until I'm ready for pvp to get a CRR? No, having 80s attack me while I'm 60 isn't a fair condition on the map unless I can quickly escape.

3. Put a cast time on the Town Scrolls, this way they cant be used as a route to escape out of pvp, but can still be used for what they were first created for ( low lvls travelling quickly between maps and towns ).

How unfair for low lvls.

4. Put a lvl cap on them, i would suggest a cap that only allows certain lvls to use them ( perosnally i would as for 29 and lower, but could also be 59 and lower )

What's your reason here?

5. Make them unusable in pvp zones ( Preolium, Canta, Karis, DD1, DD2, Jungle, VR, PR, KI, New Maps ) this means they cant effect pvp AT ALL, which is what 80's want.

It's what you want, because you're already lv80.

Also while im here, another thing that can ruin pvp, is Party Summon Stones, I think increasing the CoolDown time on Summon Stones would greatly improve pvp. ( to balance it out, for convenience, you could Lower the CD on movement runes, so people can still move around easily ) this would improve pvp as it would stop one person in a raid dieing, and summoning the whole raid out.

Make an agreement between the two sides to not use them to summon out, but rather use them to get more allies. Smile

well those are my suggestions, please feel free to /Support or /Unsupport, please give feedback and other Suggestions. But also please keep it on topic, its a petition, not an argument thread Smile

Farming grinders is OK, and I've done it many times before. However, allow 80s a possibility to farm them, and also allow the possibility for grinders unwilling to be farmed to not be farmed by providing them with an escape route.

kerrrblahhh

Rank 4
kerrrblahhh
PostedJul 15, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: Petition

Please Stay On Topic
woodie39 wrote:
/no support

miki379 wrote:

1. End game ( 80 ) pvp is rare enough as it is, having a whole raid of Fury / Lights instant tele out of pvp as soon as one of them dies, is killing pvp.

Farming grinders isn't pvping. Instead of removing the instant tele, why don't you make an agreement with other players your lvl (ie lv80s) to not use tele or summon similar to how we made an agreement to not use noss and remedies in lower lvl zones? Make an agreement to the 80s to kill or die trying, otherwise stay in base if they don't see the possibility of winning.

Here he is talking about 80s who insta-tele outta pvp when sensing they will lose the fight, not grinders. There is no chance of getting a working agreement in 80 on this issue, all they have to say is that they accepted a summ. And it really is making it almost impossible to have complete fights in 80 when on top of individuals using them to not die, also if a key member of the raid dies they either summ the rest out or the rest all use town runes to escape. Ppl forget that you cannot have pvp without deaths, its a key aspect of the game , and you just accept it and try to take ppl down with you b4 u die as you can.

As far as the low lvls using them to escape I do not really care either way. On one hand I understand wanting to escape ppl 20-30lvls higher than you, but on the other hand we all had to go through the same thing many times b4 ourselves. Tbh I think ppl should die when trying to reach 80. If ppl never die on the way to 80 that same behavior and mentality with stick with them once they reach 80, and we just get more 80s that are obsessed with not dying and who will use town runes to keep it from happening.

Haliwell85

Rank 0
PostedJul 15, 2013 6:06 pm

I support Woodie39 notion

Though I am not a pvper I do not see the notion of delaying or completly removing tele pots for us low levels in pvp maps. Remember some of us are on those maps because of two fold: Great xp and the only area to lvl.

Although I do see why you would want to remove the tele pots et al. I still think the creators would have to create different maps where it is safe for us low lvls to grind. Similar to Erina. This is how it should be. Have the map to those who want to grind and for the pvpers, have a portal to the pvp zones.

Think about it this way, why would you want to limit other players from enjoying the game. According to what I read in another post by you, you demanded fairness from GMs. Thus, should you not provide the same fairness to other fellow players? I've been on shaiya for a while and I've seen the 80s from the light faction. They are either helping their guildies lvl or selling plvl. Perhaps they don't feel the same as you do in removing tele pots or it would kill their guildie or the person paying for the plvl? My advise, which may anger some or all, is if you want it to be fair...hede Woodie39' advise and think through this more. Don't punish others to have gains only for a select few.

Krazy250

Rank 0
PostedJul 15, 2013 6:17 pm
/support. Make it unusable from pvp maps please. Smile Lvl 80's don't need to tele to first lvl maps, esp not when in PVP

render

Rank 3
render
PostedJul 15, 2013 7:34 pm
As stated earlier:

GM Edit
Forum petitions are a great way for players to request that other players change their behavior. They are a way for players to tell their peers, 'This is important, do something about it.' The forums are here for player communication, and this is a good use of them.

However, if you should want changes to a game, you should create a suggestion thread. In this thread, it is not important how many people like/dislike an idea. What is important is the thoughtful discussion of the idea. The more clear it is that there has been an in-depth exploration of the pros/cons and all the ramifications of the suggestion, the more likely it is that the developers may take an interest. One sided discussions often do not get any traction. Well rounded, intelligent, analytical discussions hold more weight.

miki379

Rank 0
miki379
PostedJul 16, 2013 2:05 am
render wrote:
As stated earlier:

GM Edit
Forum petitions are a great way for players to request that other players change their behavior. They are a way for players to tell their peers, 'This is important, do something about it.' The forums are here for player communication, and this is a good use of them.

However, if you should want changes to a game, you should create a suggestion thread

I understand what you are saying render, but unfortunately, not many people check the Suggestion section, whereas everyone checks the general discussion section.

As for the things you said Seryia, at NO point did i call killing grinders pvp, i said that because pvp is so awful ( you would'nt know this because you never joined 80 pvp on ur 80 ) the only way to get kills ( which is what we grinded to 80 for ) is to kill grinders.

As for you saying about a res rune, the game was made with conti's for a reason, if you can not afford a conti, don't make a UM, or STAY OUT OF PVP ZONES. I am not an AP buyer, i made a HM to 80, then used that to farm OI and KI to make enough money for a conti, there is absolutely no excuse for having a UM in a pvp zone with no conti.

As for it being unfair that grinders are being killed, the game was deilberately made this way, this is the reason for the Invade system, and i agree with what Kerbahhh said, this whole mentality of being afraid of dieing, follow you around until you are 80, this is how this whole crap culture of 80's Insta Teleing and summoning out of pvp as soon as their health goes below 30%.

Ideal solution is to remove the town scrolls, this will MASSIVELY improve pvp. If you grinders don't want to be killed by 80's, then petition for the map to be closed.

Infinity_Dragon

Rank 0
PostedJul 16, 2013 2:30 am
nuu...dont close map for invade..lol...i want revange ,i still remember when i got camp n killed by other faction..lol...yeah..polarstormed ported pss ported/summoned to other place when u near death..lol..kinda annoying for pvper..while the 80pvps map is so huge..VR/PR/KI,etc etc..run here run there to chase..lol...

well..for grinder is ok for me ,if them use that scroll/rune,since them not have a chance to fight back..but for 80s pvper..hmm really anoying..so...maybe some restriction?o.o..

well.. as i see PR is so dead...lol...so less grinder dark to kill...while VR is so much nub to kill..some of them even willing to get outside n feed dark..lol...not mean that is pvp..but. 80 pvp is kinda dead...lol...

btw some note about ress rune...if u not have it,n i killed..dont even bother to get ress,i will stay beside that dead body...this to teach u never make UM without rr/conti...since my friends die on same thing..even we beg for ress my friends..so time for revange..hehehehe..kinda hate hear plsss ress um down there um down here...lol...

Stuffman6

Rank 0
Stuffman6
PostedJul 16, 2013 9:09 am
/Agree on Revenge. Furies killed our grinders hourly and yes I was frustrated and annoyed and wish they would stop but they earned the right to do that, countless others have done this, even when the lvl cap was 70 people were being wiped all over the map. (I lvled an HM and UM to 80 cause yes Im a no-lifer) and no Im not gonna camp PR for hours on end. Its what makes the game interesting to be honest, as you lvl it gets more difficult to lvl due to higher mobs and people trying to kill you. >=D So yes I think I'll take a bit of time to feed on a couple lowbies v.v Dont hate me for it <3. Its what makes u receptive to the idea that you could get killed at any moment, and what I think either makes u quit or gives u the desire to lvl to 80 to come back and smack them a new one/Die trying.

Doesnt Mean I'll shy away from 80 Pvp, the main reason we invade PR (Even though 3/4 of the time there's only 1 Pty in PR while in VR There's a pty every grindable spot possible) is to get the 80s to come to us. Then what happens is one raid[Either light or dark] gets almost killed/Tele's/Summons u.u

But Back to the Point!! I still agree with ghost and yadadada, I just had to put in my 2cents.

Also o.o I think we just got owned by GM Render! *Thumbs Up* ;D Toooo the suggestion Thrreeeaaaadd!!!

miki379

Rank 0
miki379
PostedJul 16, 2013 9:57 am
Render, if you think this would be better placed in the Suggestion section, can you please move the whole thread there, i dont want to make a new one and lose all of the support and constructive feedback that is currently on this thread, so can you ( or any other GM ) move this to the suggestion area if you beleive it will do more good there. Although if it is possible to leave it here ( in the more checked area of the forums ) and for it to still do some good, then leave it here, ill leave it up to you GM's.