Atrocity3

Rank 0
PostedJul 14, 2013 10:12 am

Distorted Lines/Image??

Please help.
Ok, so , this morning I started my computer and left it for an hour or so, and when I came back the whole screen was distorted with red, blue, and other color lines that I can't remember. I shut down my PC and started it again but for some reason my nVidia card wasn't "installed" and it had to be installed it again and I had to restart again...Then I logged on to A.V.A. After a second, the screen becomes distorted again (but not as bad) and a blue screen came up. I restarted it and try it again and it still distorts when I start the game. I'm pretty sure it's not a game-related issue but if anyone can come help it would be appreciated.
Advertisement

almar

Rank 3
almar
PostedJul 14, 2013 12:20 pm
Your graphics card could be broken, try to update its drivers, if it doesn't help you might want to reinstall your windows or buy a new graphics card.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Atrocity3

Rank 0
PostedJul 14, 2013 12:32 pm
almar wrote:
Your graphics card could be broken, try to update its drivers, if it doesn't help you might want to reinstall your windows or buy a new graphics card.  

I really do hope that's the case. And btw, what's a good graphics card that's cheap and would run A.V.A nicely? I have an NVIDIA GeForce 7350 LE atm.

almar

Rank 3
almar
PostedJul 14, 2013 12:35 pm
Atrocity3 wrote:
almar wrote:

I really do hope that's the case. And btw, what's a good graphics card that's cheap and would run A.V.A nicely? I have an NVIDIA GeForce 7350 LE atm.  

What is your budget? but before buying a new one, it could be a software fault so try to reinstall/up date the drivers if that doesn't work reinstall windows. If it still doesn't work check if your graphics card is properly "installed" in your computer. The last step would be a new graphics card.

Atrocity3

Rank 0
PostedJul 14, 2013 1:09 pm
almar wrote:
Atrocity3 wrote:
almar wrote:

What is your budget? but before buying a new one, it could be a software fault so try to reinstall/up date the drivers if that doesn't work reinstall windows. If it still doesn't work check if your graphics card is properly "installed" in your computer. The last step would be a new graphics card.  

Ok, when I logged on to my computer again it said there was an update for my graphics card. Should I reinstall my drivers?

almar

Rank 3
almar
PostedJul 14, 2013 1:14 pm
Atrocity3 wrote:
almar wrote:
Atrocity3 wrote:
almar wrote:

Ok, when I logged on to my computer again it said there was an update for my graphics card. Should I reinstall my drivers?  

Try this:
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk
select your graphics card and operation system then download the driver.

Atrocity3

Rank 0
PostedJul 14, 2013 7:59 pm
almar wrote:
Atrocity3 wrote:
almar wrote:
Atrocity3 wrote:
almar wrote:

Try this:
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk
select your graphics card and operation system then download the driver.  

Hey, I tried updating my graphics card and updating my drivers and still the same thing. I'm not sure how reinstalling Windows would help. And btw, when I checked my windows update history each time I tried updating my graphics card (not the drivers) it failed. Every time. So, what's a cheap graphics card that would be able to run A.V.A easily? Budget of $100. But if you if have any other suggestions, I would be glad to hear them.