inflames99

Rank 0
PostedJul 04, 2013 11:20 am

Re: New System - Class Creation

SoulOfSky wrote:
This better be balanced.
MDPS is already overpowered as it is.
If they allow casters to equip heavy armor, PvP will be more broken than ever.
There's no way PDPS will be able to compete with a max def illu critting 20k top numbers.
If they don't implement some serious balance system to this the class choice is going to become extremely limited for those wanting to compete in PvP.

Agreed. I don't play pvp much, but as someone who mainly plays tank classes, in comparison to every other class, tanks are underpowered. They should seriously balance the game out if they are going to implement something like this.
Advertisement

RayAles

Rank 0
PostedJul 04, 2013 11:53 am

SoulOfSky wrote:
This better be balanced.
There's no way PDPS will be able to compete with a max def illu critting 20k top numbers.
If they don't implement some serious balance system to this the class choice is going to become extremely limited for those wanting to compete in PvP.

Except 1. they'd have to search for mdps heavy armour or use fame armour except that gives pcrit rate, atk speed and STR 2. That heavy armour won't give as much mcrit or mcrit dmg (If you use mcrit dmg armour) than the cloth armour 3. DPS Cloth armour bonuses are better imo for mdps

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedJul 04, 2013 5:05 pm

RayAles wrote:
SoulOfSky wrote:
This better be balanced.

Except 1. they'd have to search for mdps heavy armour or use fame armour except that gives pcrit rate, atk speed and STR 2. That heavy armour won't give as much mcrit or mcrit dmg (If you use mcrit dmg armour) than the cloth armour 3. DPS Cloth armour bonuses are better imo for mdps  

Easier said:
M-dps get no benefit from heavy armor except for defense, which again doesn't help much unless you can pull off 50%+ defense and have 50% physical resist at the same time, and still, that doesn't help much.

It's easier to set specific classes to cloth armor, such as bard, sage, templar, and DK, as they benefit from mcrit rate and dmg.

koagemos

Rank 0
koagemos
PostedJul 04, 2013 5:10 pm
nightmareaja wrote:
I guess I phrased that wrong! I meant that my translation was bad (google) and that you did a good job! And uh, that's too bad. Koager would be proud!  

Jobstealer!

Just kidding! Just got back from vacation and I see someone has taken over in my absence for all this exciting stuff coming out. I can go back to enjoying my summer before I start school again~

DarylValentine

Rank 2
DarylValentine
PostedJul 04, 2013 6:42 pm
sleepingroosje wrote:
Zyrwolf wrote:
Helloooo does this ring a bell?

*Gets all excited*

Dream Of Mirror Online 2!

Mix and Match Skills, Weapons, and Armors!

*Explodes of excitement.*  

I had the same thought it might be something like that when i read this news yesterday.  

If you're gonna call it DOMO2 I want my Cactus pet back...

prowlingTIGERZ

Rank 0
prowlingTIGERZ
PostedJul 17, 2013 3:49 pm
updated with new info
It turns out class creation is both a new class and a new system
It is called Messiah and as a class it has capabilities of all the classes. How you make it is up to the individual player to decide!

nightbringer09

Rank 4
nightbringer09
PostedJul 17, 2013 4:39 pm
Just wandering, has requirements for the messiah been released yet? Also as a new class tends to get released when lv cap goes up, does that mean the chaos knight comes out in August, sry bout going away from messiah to chaos knight but just curious cuz of August patch.

cluskey1

Rank 3
cluskey1
PostedJul 17, 2013 4:44 pm
i cant wait , this is cool

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedJul 17, 2013 5:27 pm
nightbringer09 wrote:
Just wandering, has requirements for the messiah been released yet? Also as a new class tends to get released when lv cap goes up, does that mean the chaos knight comes out in August, sry bout going away from messiah to chaos knight but just curious cuz of August patch.  

Chaos knight is already released in FNO (about a month now) and this new class might come with the 80 cap or might come before it. As for the info you can read on the first 2 posts, thats all the info that is released about the class as far as i know.

SapphireMiku

Rank 1
SapphireMiku
PostedJul 17, 2013 6:52 pm
mmm..
The post really says that you get to pick between "weapon, armor and skills". It doesn't say anything about Racial/Class bonuses or KP. Soooo... I believe that's the catch. Meaning you wont get KP.

You wont see any Mages/Clerics running around on this class with heavy armor, because (if I'm correct) you'd have to take the loss of any KP/Class/Racial bonuses to use this class. You cant take your 10% staff bonus, and Staff M-Attack KP with you. That's really the only way I can actually see them balancing this class with the rest.

If so, it makes this class more of just a "fun" class to play, combining skills. But it wont be a serious class to use in terms of serious competition except for niche things.

I could be wrong though, so I'll wait to hear more before I hold my breath.