How would you rate Aeria Games Service?

5 (Excellent)
6%29 Votes
4
7%33 Votes
3
13%60 Votes
2
12%56 Votes
1 (Poor)
61%279 Votes
Total Votes :: 457 Votes
Author Message

zweetvlek

Rank 5
zweetvlek
Joined
19 May 2011
Posts
3855
Location
Canada
PostedJun 29, 2013 11:58 am
ohbloo91 wrote:
Post read in all its entirety. I'd say this is a very thorough piece of feedback. Well done. I wouldn't know much about AVA or Wolf Team. But I'd also like to add Browser game DDT to the list.  


Thanks. It took me quite a while to write, I had to rewrite it because I got logged out while pressing preview. I figured I'd write something because no one else on WolfTeam did it.
Advertisement

LedZepMan92

Rank 5
LedZepMan92
Joined
21 Sep 2007
Posts
4107
Location
Orlando, FL United States
PostedJun 29, 2013 5:00 pm
I'd like to echo everything billdoor wrote, and thank him for taking the time and mental effort to explain the ridiculousness of the "inactivity" bans. I was going to say something similar, but found myself far too apathetic.

I was lucky and got my account unbanned almost immediately. But it's really bad, and it's making lots of players angry.

ohbloo91

Rank 0
ohbloo91
Joined
23 Feb 2012
Posts
158
Location
Bloo rocks ur socks United States
PostedJun 29, 2013 5:38 pm
LedZepMan92 wrote:
I'd like to echo everything billdoor wrote, and thank him for taking the time and mental effort to explain the ridiculousness of the "inactivity" bans. I was going to say something similar, but found myself far too apathetic.

I was lucky and got my account unbanned almost immediately. But it's really bad, and it's making lots of players angry.  


Yes, what is it about the inactivity bans? I myself was affected by it, so were many others that I know. I'm lucky to have gotten it fixed within a day.

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
Joined
05 Aug 2008
Posts
6435
Location
Foldereid Norway
PostedJun 29, 2013 5:41 pm
ohbloo91 wrote:
Yes, what is it about the inactivity bans? I myself was affected by it, so were many others that I know. I'm lucky to have gotten it fixed within a day.  

GMPaladin wrote:
billdoor wrote:
Whoever in Aeria decided that Billing should be given the task of locking accounts for inactivity due to no AP being bought/spent on them over time, must have been well short of his/her mental faculties at the time.  


It wasn't Aeria's billing team. That was a backend process performed automatically for all accounts with no billing activity for a prolonged period of time with AP still on their account to make sure accounts that aren't active wouldn't have their AP stolen and used without anyone's knowledge. The sweep should have taken into account all the active players and I'm not sure at this time why it didn't.  

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

jonnyboy320

Rank 0
Joined
04 Jun 2013
Posts
2
Location
United States
PostedJun 29, 2013 5:46 pm
1 for SF2. Game has barely just come out and already infested with hackers. How is it possible for Valve and other actual companies to shut down hackers and you guys can't.

Was actually considering buying AP to spend on SF2 since it seems like a fun game when you can play, but the hackers and reading about people having problems with AP made me decide not to. Guess I'll go back to playing legitimate games instead of wasting my time with F2P.

PoolHooss

GameSage: Eden Eternal
PoolHooss
Joined
12 Nov 2011
Posts
1287
Location
The Desert, WA United States
PostedJun 29, 2013 8:19 pm
I voted a 4, but only based upon my own experiences, my own perspectives, and my own independence in the community. Also, because the only game I play is Eden Eternal.

I liked the patch. Honestly. The dungeon limit was greatly flamed and scorned over by players to the breaking point that many quit the game just from hearing it without trying the entire results. However, from my own time playing in-game, it's not as heavy of a loss as many have believed. Trial weapons drop faster than flies in a refrigerator, and due to that their prices have sunken hard in the market (armors are a different story). Additionally, many farmers were upset due to the difficulty of accumulating mass gold amounts, but I've noticed many found alternatives.

There are still problems, however.

The new exp curve is WONDERFUL if you want to be able to level to cap really really fast. But at the same time it makes the rest of the game speed by so fast you wondered what the heck just happened. I liked the curve before; you were able to stop and smell the roses--er, I mean grind to your heart's content. But now, even when it's good, it poses problems regarding "entertainment" values in EE.

There are other small problems, like the continuous random trollpaca disconnections and that the TW quests weren't re-implemented, but imo those are small-time problems compared to the big picture. EITHER WAY, actions MUST be taken to fix them instead of just discussing them with the devs.

GS's are active and vocal, and I like that; though I know many wanted a better choice for GSs due to how "cool" they would be with them; that's not for me to decide, though feedback on each GS should be reviewed and considered. Ticket responses are quick, events are numerous, all's good.

Of course, though, this is my own opinion; I take things as they go and make the most of it; so far it's not extremely game-breaking, but just warning that the contents are starting to cut it really close to that horizon; you should seriously discuss this matter with the devs before the playerbase takes things seriously and actually stop playing entirely instead of just afk-ing in-game all day as most of the capped players are doing lately.

In conclusion, it is the weight of the above opinions that my rating for Aeria so far (in extension to just Eden Eternal) is a solid 4.

P.S.: regarding Aeria as a whole, the log out bug is annoying, but after awhile I found the pattern to it; either way, it should be dealt with swiftly. Additionally, I die a little inside every time I post something and my signature fails to show up properly. That is all.

Yyore

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
Yyore
Joined
30 Jul 2012
Posts
796
Location
Canada
PostedJun 29, 2013 8:53 pm
Giving 1 for this month. This is mainly based on Scarlet Blade's current state.

Here's why:

  • Some bugs are still not fixed despite the fact that they have been reported a few months ago. Take the respawn bug for example. Sometimes you fail to respawn when you die in battlegrounds and thus need to wait till the end of the game. Another common bug would be the one where you character gets stuck and you can't do anything except going on mech or going bike. If you're getting attacked or you're out of cp, then you basically have no choice to die.
  • The infamous item mall. As Lestat mentioned, costumes are extremely pricey and overpowered items such as the unique Asherah mech are now directly purchasable on item mall despite the community having strongly voiced against it.
  • No in-game tag. I understand that the tools are still not available but there's absolutely no way to distinguish ourselves from other people even though there was a nice temporary solution suggested by a fellow gs.
  • Login issues. You still get randomly logged out. It's even worst on the mobile site. :<


However, I must give credit where credit is due; some GMs have been great and extremely helpful. I hope it stays like that Wink

P.S: Got logged out while typing this. :[

OTP

darkslayax

Rank 2
darkslayax
Joined
05 Nov 2009
Posts
510
Location
United States
PostedJun 29, 2013 9:21 pm
Siviard wrote:


Scarlet Blade: Negative 100. I should probably make the negative number higher, but you get the general point of where I'm going on this. Your ticket response times are terrible. I have a ticket that is approaching 30 days of being unanswered and have had a GS forward it nearly 20 days ago. I have guild members who have waited over 14 days to hear back from your staff when they take down the server and cause a rollback and then claim they can't restore the item because the rollback "Didn't happen". Now for the meat of my feedback. Warning: Rant Incoming

I have to wonder if the staff behind Scarlet Blade even care about the game any longer. I even wonder if Aeria themselves even care about it. We have over 100 pages of item mall feedback, several other threads with pages full of other feedback, and every single post gets ignored. You claim you are listening and yet do absolutely nothing or do the complete opposite of what we are giving feedback to. Do you take us for idiots or do you think we're too stupid to figure it out? You guys can't even keep your own promises/statements. Unique scanners come to mind. We asked for them to be more accessible without them going into the cash shop. What did you guys do? You put them in the cash shop. Yes, there were some players asking for it but they were in the minority of the minority, what you call your forum base. We gave you feedback, we gave you flames, you subsequently ignored them as you continued to line your pockets.

Now for the central point of this rant, Ashera/Spider mechs. Those mechs are universally loathed by the entire player base. For those from other games who are reading this post, a Spider mech is horrifically overpowered. A well-geared player can jump into one and mow through about 4-6 people before being dropped. Multiple Spider mechs will screw your entire team up. An entire group of spider mechs, well you're going nowhere. A defender, aka the tank, could go from 10-15 kills in a 1 hour battleground to over 50 in the same one with the spider mech. You first released them and the flames that resulted were glorious. You said you would fix it and make them more scarce. You then release them in a ladder event the very same weekend. This was a bone-headed move and once again, earned the ire of the player base. They went away, PvP balance was finally restored and just as things are finally getting back to normal, PvP wise, you release them as a direct buy. Hilariously enough, you can buy this overpowered mech and ruin PvP forever for far less than you can buy a costume. That's right, buy your own overpowered mech for the low price of $20, but you can't dress up your character unless if you're willing to shell out $60+.

Your ability to fail logic so well is astounding. I have never seen a company make a stupid move after stupid move after stupid move. Your stupidity in regards to the game and its balance is astounding. Like the current thread we have in the SB forum is saying, players are starting to question whether or not you're actually trying to kill the game. If you are, you're doing a wonderful job at it and keep it up. Just tack another failed game onto your books due to your abysmal management, if you'll even take responsibility for it and not blame it on the developers like you did for GunZ and 12sky2.

In conclusion, your so called listening to feedback is terrible and fails on so many levels it's not even funny anymore. And before you go blaming it on the developers, I highly doubt they regulate your item mall. If they control your item mall, I question why you even started hosting the games in the first place. Do I expect this post to be listened to? Of course not. I'm just posting this here since I know players are more likely to read these posts than Aeria ever is. Also, Inb4 someone deletes my post like they did in the last feedback thread.  


I also vote a 1 for Scarlet Blade, and I'm quoting this post because it highlights all the issues that plague the game. Aeria simply wants to line their pockets with money they don't deserve.

Here lies the dead defender- Diamondine ~

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
Joined
16 Feb 2009
Posts
12966
Location
Western Canada
PostedJun 30, 2013 12:16 am
Not banned: 5/5
AP is error: 1/5

Average: 3/5

That rating though. I'm guessing you pissed off either the FPS or Shaiya community again.

TotallyKilla

Rank 0
Joined
05 Jan 2012
Posts
145
Location
United Kingdom
PostedJun 30, 2013 1:07 am
Avyn wrote:
Not banned: 5/5
AP is error: 1/5

Average: 3/5

That rating though. I'm guessing you pissed off either the FPS or Shaiya community again.  
Only slightly...
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: