Caladoern

Rank 0
PostedJun 22, 2013 8:41 am

Difference in pets

What are the gameplay differences in pets if any?
What are the differences in the different types of pets you can have other than appearance? Someone mentioned that the pets you buy give you better skill bonuses. Is this true?
Advertisement

JudithFlow

Rank 0
PostedJun 22, 2013 9:02 am
The free pet only boosts your SP a little every time it levels. The other pets also have a HP skill so you can choose to invest points into that as well.

wiseleo

Rank 0
PostedJul 02, 2013 7:15 am
Well, there is the illusion that you can choose to allocate points, but the reality is that you will get a skill point for every level and you can upgrade a skill every two levels, so you will end up allocating each point to each skill evenly. You can choose to upgrade HP or SP first, but that ultimately doesn't matter much. Smile

Derpy is definitely worth it.

Derpy grants +20 SP/HP per skill point.

It is also essential to have the Fetch data chip to work around this game's silly bug that doesn't always let you pick up loot even when you hunt solo and there is no dispute that it's your item.

I don't use any other AP items. 168 AP I all I spend per character and I explained how to get that quickly and for free in a post in Scarlet Blade -> Promos subforum.

Taywena

Rank 0
Taywena
PostedJul 02, 2013 10:19 am
wiseleo wrote:
Well, there is the illusion that you can choose to allocate points, but the reality is that you will get a skill point for every level and you can upgrade a skill every two levels, so you will end up allocating each point to each skill evenly. You can choose to upgrade HP or SP first, but that ultimately doesn't matter much. Smile

It is also essential to have the Fetch data chip to work around this game's silly bug that doesn't always let you pick up loot even when you hunt solo and there is no dispute that it's your item.

I don't use any other AP items. 168 AP I all I spend per character and I explained how to get that quickly and for free in a post in Scarlet Blade -> Promos subforum.  

While it costs more AP (1469), I find the SP regen pet chip equally, if not more beneficial. As a Medic, I quite literally am never hurting for SP while healing a dungeon run with the SP regen chip. It makes a huge difference. Not everyone can afford to buy one, I understand that, but it really is well worth the investment for anyone who can afford it IMO. Like literally, it's worth more than 1000g when considering how much more enjoyable it makes your gameplay.

wiseleo

Rank 0
PostedJul 02, 2013 11:24 pm
Taywena wrote:
wiseleo wrote:

While it costs more AP (1469), I find the SP regen pet chip equally, if not more beneficial. As a Medic, I quite literally am never hurting for SP while healing a dungeon run with the SP regen chip. It makes a huge difference. Not everyone can afford to buy one, I understand that, but it really is well worth the investment for anyone who can afford it IMO. Like literally, it's worth more than 1000g when considering how much more enjoyable it makes your gameplay.  

Yeah, the power of SP regen for medics is obscene. As long as we don't attack, we don't enter "combat state". That's why you can sit (assuming the NPC didn't attack you) while others are forced to fight. That means our regen for out of combat healing occurs at +10SP, which results in near endless supply. I didn't mention it in this post because the question was specifically about Premium vs Madfly pets.

1500 AP is not a big deal. I can get that free in a few hours (details: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1793319#16583821). This chip will come in handy for the world boss fights in which I am starting to participate.

JudithFlow

Rank 0
PostedJul 03, 2013 4:01 am
Taywena wrote:
wiseleo wrote:

I use an SP regen chip on ALL my characters, except for my Shadow Walker. The difference is noticable. Instead of constantly running out of SP Hypovials, I can skip the dailies for them and my stack of them is still climbing steadily, so I get to sell them once in a while. Instead of managing my SP-usage, I use all my cooldowns, especially the abilities that cost a lot of SP, the second they become available. I don't need to waste a global cooldown on using an SP pot, but can make another attack instead, so effectively, it increased my DPS a little.

Now I know many people swear they need the Max HP chip, and sure, it's okay. Maybe I'll install one of those again once my pets have 4 or 5 slots available. But for now, I personaly benefit more from the SP regen and the Resist chips. And by the time my pets reach lvl 15-20, the benefit of the HP chip might be so small that I feel I shouldn't bother at all!