windbrand9

Rank 0
PostedJun 18, 2013 8:59 pm

A few questions on drops

- Is there a better way to pick up loot other than having to walk within a meter of the dropped item then right click on it? It's kind of hard picking something up when there are a bunch of monsters standing on it
- What do drops like "bone powder", "cracked claw" etc do? I can't find any information on this
- Is there any use for useless "gen" and "magic" equipment other than discarding it (or sell it for like 1S which is like nothing anyways)?

Edit: and another question. Is the washing-machine robot thing from quest reward the only pet obtainable in the game? All the other 10 or so pets are all from cash shop?

Thanks.
Advertisement

kf4mrv

Rank 0
kf4mrv
PostedJun 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Re: A few questions on drops

windbrand9 wrote:
- Is there a better way to pick up loot other than having to walk within a meter of the dropped item then right click on it? It's kind of hard picking something up when there are a bunch of monsters standing on it  
Yes. Aeria wants you to buy a Pet and "Fetch" data chip, so your drops are automatically picked up.
fwiw- It used to be much easier to pick up drops, and you didn't have to be as close. One of the recent patches has made this (for the Arcana) an exasperating and difficult process.

- What do drops like "bone powder", "cracked claw" etc do? I can't find any information on this  
Absolutely nothing.

- Is there any use for useless "gen" and "magic" equipment other than discarding it (or sell it for like 1S which is like nothing anyways)?

Thanks.  
Generally, no, but the dropped versions for gear are usually slightly better than the quest reward versions. Mileage will vary by character class, and specialization.

windbrand9

Rank 0
PostedJun 19, 2013 10:57 am
Thanks for the info.
So anyone know if pets are obtainable in-game?

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedJun 19, 2013 11:14 am
windbrand9 wrote:
Thanks for the info.
So anyone know if pets are obtainable in-game?  

Aside from the level 10 quest where you receive one (Madfly), no they are not. They are must be purchased from the Item Mall or another player/Auction House.

BNuts001

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
BNuts001
PostedJun 19, 2013 3:22 pm
The only thing you can do with drops like Bone Powder is sell them. If you get enough you can get some good profits, and they come from automatic drops anyway so it's not like you have to do that much extra work. I use the 'E' button, rather than clicking on the item. Although it is somewhat annoying when the other members of the faction grab the items from the chests in Turnpike before I can even see what's there. I've gotten to like the PvP battlegrounds much more than I used to: they're great for EXP farming even if you don't get any drops.