magictrix2

Rank 0
magictrix2
PostedMay 25, 2013 5:52 pm

New level requirements hurts legitimate players over sellers

The new level requirements to everything hurts legitimate players much more than gold sellers.
Not being able to use area chat till 10? That's cool.

Not being able to use Mail, Trade, Item Mall Trade until 25. That's not cool at all.
I actually feel like not playing ever again because of this to be honest.

This won't stop gold sellers/spammers. They will just bot to 25+ upon which they will just sell all the quest gold. The proof of this is in the fact that they are already going to level ten to use area chat, and some have even went into BC now too. These changes hurt your legitimate players much more than gold sellers.

I have a lv 19, which I've done all the level 19 quests on, and have been pvping on, donated my exp to my guild, and have 0 exp currently. I also have my +6 bike which I bought with AP and used my gems to level up. And now I can't send that back to my main toon until I level to 25? What the Hard. At least allow mailing of items on the same **** account.

So now I'm forced to level my alt, with 0 quests at lv 19, to level 25 just to get my bike back.
Advertisement

heinrich1989

Rank 0
PostedMay 25, 2013 9:30 pm
It's a lazy solution for an easy problem, to be honest. The last game I have played also did the same concept. They didn't want to ban glitch abusers so instead of banning them, they made sure the item which the abusers were farming on becomes untradeable, hurting not only the economy of the game but also players who don't use real money to purchase cash items. In the end, a lot of players left.

goldacorn

Rank 0
goldacorn
PostedJun 06, 2013 2:56 am
baby steps. Smile

BNuts001

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
BNuts001
PostedJun 18, 2013 6:04 am
I'll be honest: the level requirement is an inconvenience because it merely takes time to gain Level 25, thanks largely to the availability of the Repeat and Daily Quests -- they do help a lot. But that doesn't mean the bots can't do the same, and I'd lay odds that that's exactly what they do.

The level requirement is inconvenient mainly because the mob drops are almost always items for any class other than your own, so you either have to sell or trade them to make room in your Inventory and Warehouse for items your character does need. Mailing to your other characters is convenient, if somewhat expensive at a minimum of 30 silver apiece, but at least it gets items to characters who can use them. I have characters of each class, but only 1 character of Level 25.

Obviously the Volcano Beetles aren't stopping the bots, so what the Moderators could be doing is investigating the accounts of suspected bots -- send a warning that requires a response a human could put out, and kick-ban the ones that don't respond on time. The only drawback to this solution? It takes more time and effort.

Unfortunately, we players only have two available responses: deal or leave.

JudithFlow

Rank 0
PostedJun 18, 2013 6:44 am
BNuts001 wrote:
Volcano Beetles aren't stopping the bots  

Would be nice if the developers could run some test: Give Volcano Beetles the exact same names and visual stats as the mobs in their vicinity (so stats on the client would be different from their stats on the server!), just keep their volcano beetle appearance.
Actul players can visually identify the beetles anyway, for bots it'd take a bit more effort.

This too could probably be hacked, but it'd take more effort for the hackers to update their software, so just to see whether and for how long this would work. They could try to skip mobs based on their appearance, but that will be problematic for them as well for a certain reason.

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedJun 18, 2013 1:10 pm
BNuts001 wrote:
The level requirement is inconvenient mainly because the mob drops are almost always items for any class other than your own, so you either have to sell or trade them to make room in your Inventory and Warehouse for items your character does need. Mailing to your other characters is convenient, if somewhat expensive at a minimum of 30 silver apiece, but at least it gets items to characters who can use them. I have characters of each class, but only 1 character of Level 25.  

Nothing is stopping any player (level 10 or above) from using the Consignment Manager to buy/sell/gear their characters out.

I use it between 10-19 because it's faster than trying to get the drops I want and I just price back my drops equivalent to the prices I bought my stuff for, regardless of how much it's actually going priced at by others.

That way I'm still getting incremental bits of gold, keeping my characters geared, and reducing the need to farm anything before Drasil, where I'd probably spend the majority of time anyway to get my rare weapons for them before going to Caergate.

And no, I'm not saying it's ideal...just an alternative.

windbrand9

Rank 0
PostedJun 19, 2013 10:56 am
Wow not being able to trade until level 25... wtf?
This is the dumbest idea I've ever seen in a MMORPG. Aeria is willing to make it extremely inconvenient for ALL players, just to spot A FEW bots from selling the items they got from botting? Is this some kind of joke?
I have never seen a MMORPG where YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO TRADE ITEMS. What's the point of being an online game then? Why not just make this a single player game? I got a few friends who joined the game yesterday and I was helping them (though it's not like I'm high level anyways since I just started the previous day), then I wanted to share some power-up potions I didn't need for them to level up quicker. Nope, can't trade ANY items to my friends. Shocked
Yes "you can trade once you get to level 25". Does that take an hour? No. Two hours? No. More like 20+ hours. Aeria expects me to spend 20 hours in a game before I can SOCIALIZE in an ONLINE game, unbelievable.
I think most people are with me on this when I say this game is gonna lose a LOT of people if Aeria does not remove the trade restriction, because right now it seems 99% like a SINGLEPLAYER game. Can't chat until level 10, can't trade until almost endgame, no information about guilds or pvp or anything to new players other than the 100% repetitive quests. At least make it more reasonable, say level 10, which takes 1-2 hours to achieve?

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedJun 19, 2013 12:08 pm
windbrand9 wrote:
Wow not being able to trade until level 25... wtf?
This is the dumbest idea I've ever seen in a MMORPG. Aeria is willing to make it extremely inconvenient for ALL players, just to spot A FEW bots from selling the items they got from botting? Is this some kind of joke?
I have never seen a MMORPG where YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO TRADE ITEMS. What's the point of being an online game then? Why not just make this a single player game? I got a few friends who joined the game yesterday and I was helping them (though it's not like I'm high level anyways since I just started the previous day), then I wanted to share some power-up potions I didn't need for them to level up quicker. Nope, can't trade ANY items to my friends. Shocked
Yes "you can trade once you get to level 25". Does that take an hour? No. Two hours? No. More like 20+ hours. Aeria expects me to spend 20 hours in a game before I can SOCIALIZE in an ONLINE game, unbelievable.
I think most people are with me on this when I say this game is gonna lose a LOT of people if Aeria does not remove the trade restriction, because right now it seems 99% like a SINGLEPLAYER game. Can't chat until level 10, can't trade until almost endgame, no information about guilds or pvp or anything to new players other than the 100% repetitive quests. At least make it more reasonable, say level 10, which takes 1-2 hours to achieve?  

Say works just fine at any level; I think Shout is the same.
Area restricted to level 10 is fine and getting there barely takes an hour (even for Medics). The first ten levels are basically "tutorial" mode anyway, introducing you to the NPCs and the first dungeon.

Information about guilds is available at the Guild NPCs; PvP info is given to you as a quest. Also, you can always ask other players in Say, Area and Shout.

Most of the potions are non-tradeable anyway and your friends would get them on their own anyway as they level up.

Scarlet Blade is hardly the first MMO to restrict trade or chat too.

BNuts001

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
BNuts001
PostedJun 19, 2013 3:18 pm
What do you mean 'even for the Medic?' Medics have the most convenient Skill: Battle Healing. That's the class with which I have the most progress, and her long-range allows her to pick out her target. I think the Shadow Walker is at more of a disadvantage, having neither Buff, Heal, or Pull abilities -- and being a melee class means she has to wade into a group where an Aggro mob might be, to get at her target.

I didn't know you could use the Consignment at level 10. I might try that for my newer characters. But it is a pain that you don't get a lot of extra storage automatically, and the one you do expires after, what, 20 days real-time? I don't spend that much time a day in the game, so this seems unfair too.