Biomeld

Rank 0
Biomeld
PostedMay 29, 2013 10:58 am

Derpy Pet

I just bought a derpy pet but my character is already level 27. I still haven't taken it from the shop. Would it be wiser to just use it on a new character? I heard it has an increase HP skill. How useful is it?
Advertisement

Adasuna

Rank 3
Adasuna
PostedMay 29, 2013 11:07 am
Like all AP pets, they have HP and SP max where you can increase them. You may choose to start it on a new character, so it can lvl along with you. Or you can hope to lvl it up with ur current lvl. It depends on you.

Greensolidus

Rank 0
Greensolidus
PostedMay 29, 2013 11:16 am
It's very useful
and it's in ur ap item inventory maybe you can check it

zappo.feelgood

Rank 0
zappo.feelgood
PostedMay 29, 2013 11:21 am
Use it on your main or favorite character. The HP+SP boosts from AP pets are much better than SP boost from MadFly, and if you only have one then you want to have it on the char you intend to play most often.

Pets will never keep level with you anyway unless you do nothing but sit around afk all the time. And by starting it "late" at level 27, you're only missing 40-50 or so hours of pet xp time which is really nothing compared to the xp it takes your pet to hit the later levels. It's not a big deal.

OSUBeaver

GameSage: Forum
OSUBeaver
PostedMay 29, 2013 11:58 am
zappo.feelgood wrote:
Use it on your main or favorite character. The HP+SP boosts from AP pets are much better than SP boost from MadFly, and if you only have one then you want to have it on the char you intend to play most often.

Pets will never keep level with you anyway unless you do nothing but sit around afk all the time. And by starting it "late" at level 27, you're only missing 40-50 or so hours of pet xp time which is really nothing compared to the xp it takes your pet to hit the later levels. It's not a big deal.  

^^This

I am daily lamenting the fact that I used my 69AP/free Derpy on my SW when I've developped a new found love of the Whipper class...almost as much as I'm lamenting selling the COIT pet when I won it from the loot wheel a while back.

Definitely use it on the character you plan on playing the most...

Just plain Beaver now.