Shikarasu

Rank 1
Shikarasu
PostedMay 27, 2013 6:49 pm
The defining question of this thread. Sab, do you main Caitlyn?
Advertisement

Synith.

Rank 0
Synith.
PostedMay 27, 2013 8:43 pm
minahope wrote:
Prices are high because:

1. The merge happened not even a month ago. Everything is a little crazy right now.
  2. People are greedy and always will be.
  3. ^ The above. People who try to play the good-guy are generally full of poo. "I wouldn't set prices as high as this!" Bull, if you knew you could make a profit, you would. Not saying everyone is this way,but about 90% are. Even when the prices settle down and everyone gets used to them, they won't be perfect, someone will Always complain.

4. M-clays,mfi's, Vanity are all high because people know that 1, people are so to speak desperate for said things and will pay for them. 2, They can sell it at that cost.

If you REALLY want to stop the high priced items, then a bunch of people need to...brace yourselves. Stop paying out the wallet for it. Guess what, if you all just stop buying these OP things, eventually they go down. Because why? A wonderful thing called tax. No, a 20k brand new outfit won't go down to 2k. No MFI4s won't go down to 1k. Be realistic.

Why do I say this? Because, I market things, repeatedly. And if I know I can sell said things for a higher price, I will. I'm not afraid to say I'm greedy, I need things too, you know. Weapons, sets, etc.

Tl;dr:
Prices are never ever ever ever going to be as low as everyone wants. Stop complaining about it because it's a old,over used topic.

Mkay Bai. Don't bother replying as I don't plan to re-visit this topic and won't see it.

Have a nice day.  

T H A N K Y O U . Now everyone can hush about it because that post was 110% truth whether you're gonna realize that and go with it or not is entirely up to you.

Kouichi262626

Rank 0
Kouichi262626
PostedMay 27, 2013 9:21 pm
it also takes long for ponchee prices to stabilize anyway before merge happen the prices are already going high, so therefor they are just using the merge as an excuse to overprice items.

vanity at higher price is understandable , since its really not needed overall. its just looks.

anyway i believe the economy will stabilize by time

feilidxy

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
feilidxy
PostedMay 27, 2013 11:22 pm
Kouichi262626 wrote:
it also takes long for ponchee prices to stabilize anyway before merge happen the prices are already going high, so therefor they are just using the merge as an excuse to overprice items.

vanity at higher price is understandable , since its really not needed overall. its just looks.

anyway i believe the economy will stabilize by time  
The reason why Ponchee prices stabilized was because the UGS acted as both a gold sink and supply of items. Less gold in the economy=gold worth more=lower prices. More supply=more competition between sellers=more choice for buyers=lower prices. Both together meant a faster drop of prices. Also tiers were better and there were more AP being spent on this game=more supply as well which lowers prices some more. Less competition between AP buyers also meant that there was less gold in the hands of your average joe and the AP buyer could sell items at a lower price to make the same profit.

Now then looking at the situation on the current server. Closed UGS meaning scarcer items and no good sized gold sink. More competition between AP buyers means more gold in the hands of your average joe and the AP buyer has to sell at a higher price to make the same amount of profit. Add on the crappy promotions and that means the AP buyer has to sell even higher to make a decent profit.

Also to those of you that are telling people to just not buy items it won't work unless you tell them to quit the game at the same time. Those of us that are holding the item can wait forever to sell because we don't need the extra gold as much as your average joe needs his essentials to function(100% mallets, lucky clovers, sage stones, SKBs etc). This means that while some of you peeps are willing to go on hiatus for however long it takes the prices to drop most people that don't even bother to check the forums will cave to whatever we item holders set because there is no other option other than to stop playing.

This leads back to my previous post about supply. Essentially it comes down to Aeria's greed and the fact that they want to milk as much money as possible before the inevitable.

GMMokona

GameMaster: USA
GMMokona
PostedMay 28, 2013 10:48 am
See the really frustrating thing is that the Underground Gold Shop was removed less than a week ago and unfortunately, I have not been here to make a response - so then everyone decides to go crazy and make assumptions without even chilling for a bit.

The UGS was closed because frankly we do not have enough people to manage the orders we get. It's gotten to the point that we have to spend 80% of our time paying out these items and there are other things (events especially) that have been taking the back-burner due to it.

I don't know if anyone has bothered to check lately, but we only have three GMs on the GF team. Tenring handles bugs and testing, I handle art, events and community and 8bit supports us with anything we cannot do (and usually pays out the majority of the UGS). Never once did we say the UGS would always be a permanent solution. We never made any promises because we do not like giving our community our word if we cannot guarantee it.

But no, we're not ignoring that the UGS was extremely helpful or what it was originally created for. We are currently discussing making an IN-GAME version of the UGS with the developers. We just didn't want to announce it yet because we're not sure how long it will take to have this made and from past experiences, you guys aren't really patient with these things. (Which is justified and fine.)

So the UGS being closed has nothing to do with 'Aeria's greed' because really, if that were the case, why would we EVER sell items that used to be AP only for gold? How does that translate to greed? The tiered spenders are not something the GMs control, so those don't even count here.

There are other things we're in discussions with the devs to have made/updated to improve the gameplay, but there's no ETA so I won't even mention them.

We already said a month ago that there are no intentions of closing Grand Fantasia. It's nowhere near the state of the other games that were closed and continues to be a steady and well-to-do game overall. Our developers still give us updates every month, we still get an influx of new items, there's plenty of events being held in-game and on the forums... which the other games did not have. So no, we're not closing. There's plans to give GF a facelift and try to market new players as soon as possible. Which this was mentioned in the server merge thread too...