wilred999

Rank 0
PostedMay 12, 2013 7:40 am

Battleground

New Rules For Battleground
I would first like to thank everyone for taking the time to right down your thoughts on battleground feature. After reading your responsives I have a better understanding of battleground and what changes we need.
First change the lower the battle rating of the defeated player the lesser the honor you get. The higher the battle rating of the defeated player more points you get. Lets say you have 48k battling rating if you attack player with 23k battle rating you are only going to get 2 honor points. I believe is fair because it curves targeting. It forces cashers or (players with extremely high battle ratings) to attack other player with the same br.
After being defeated you get ten to twenty seconds protection period on the feild. That will allow you to mine or find someone your own size (if you choose to find some one your own size your protection is forfeit).
The dyrad blessing does very little when your oppents battle rating is more than double yours. The blessing increases your stats more. Weaker players will not be targeted as much because attackers are fueling the defeated.
The respawn cool off should decrease because the game is only 27 seven minutes.
You can recieve rewards from attacking battlefield guards.
Battleground should have a limit of how much honor one can recieve. After reaching that limit you can no longer play for that day. We could also enforce two entries in to battleground a day.
I would like everyone to continue to commit on the first daft. Lets aim on getting a second draft.
Advertisement

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedMay 13, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Battleground

wilred999 wrote:

First change the lower the battle rating of the defeated player the lesser the honor you get. The higher the battle rating of the defeated player more points you get. Lets say you have 48k battling rating if you attack player with 23k battle rating you are only going to get 2 honor points. I believe is fair because it curves targeting. It forces cashers or (players with extremely high battle ratings) to attack other player with the same br.  

I'll tell you from the start, this will never happen. With option to change title, and Dryad not reflecting on your BR being some of the reasons. No one will want to have to zig-zag through the field just to find the right target, IF there is a target in his range at all.

wilred999 wrote:

The dyrad blessing does very little when your oppents battle rating is more than double yours. The blessing increases your stats more. Weaker players will not be targeted as much because attackers are fueling the defeated.  

No one said the lowest BR on the field should be able to defeat the strongest BR on the field. As long as you can defeat some on the field, it should be fine.

Cacuga wrote:

And you lost like 60 honor and 60 insignia, nothing to worry about if you ask me and your team still was able to farm honor. As i said, if you need to stop them in the way to the carts and farm your own carts the match is balanced and everyone will be able to get their shards, but when a team is winning for more than 2k points of difference why you need to stop them on the way to resources?

nubadubadub wrote:
If you want to farm carts in peace go play my little pony or try a farm sim  

Nobody said we want to farm in peace, we just want get the cart before get attacked, i don't mind to be killed once i get a cart. Of course if i keep wasting 25min each time i join a BG maybe i try those games, i'm wondering how you know there are carts...  

Many people attack just to get honor, not necessarily to stop the other team from winning. Others attack to stop the other team from wining simply because 60 more insignia/honor DOES make a difference when you're trying to upgrade your gear. When farming honor, waiting for everyone you attack to first get a cart can be very time consuming and frustrating at times.

Cacuga wrote:
And what is the point of set a lure if you can't eat it? I'm not over do it when say i leave BGs with less than 5 shards and 0 kills.  

You're missing the point of a lure then. Just because a lure is there, doesn't mean you should be able to easily get it. It means you have to fight for it in one way or another. The fact that you have to cross a battle field just to get it means you are much more motivated to get stronger in order to survive long enough to get to the loot. Battleground treasure chest isn't the only source of gems.

Love what you do and do what you love.

wilred999

Rank 0
PostedMay 14, 2013 8:52 am

rules
wilred999 wrote:

I'll tell you from the start, this will never happen. With option to change title, and Dryad not reflecting on your BR being some of the reasons. No one will want to have to zig-zag through the field just to find the right target, IF there is a target in his range at all.

This is nothing new. We see this in the game with dungeon. A lvl 40 player will get zero to 1 point exp if he or she plays lvl 20-25 mulit player dungeon or 20-30 campaign. Does it stop lvl 40’s from doing that dungeon no. Does less do it yes. That’s why we need to move the same concept to battle ground. Not every player will seek out a challenging opponent. If they need honor points they are less likely to bother weaker players.
wilred999 wrote:

No one said the lowest BR on the field should be able to defeat the strongest BR on the field. As long as you can defeat some on the field, it should be fine.

Which becomes impossible task when people of high battle rating use tactics like blockades no the mines. A few of the most powerful players wait on both sides of the mines. Because of the rage clothes provide players, a player with double your battle rattling can defeat an opponent in a single round. Not too many players can get by if you have the ability to end the battle in 4 secs. This leaves the opponents you would have defeated free to mine. Your also assuming there is someone weaker then you.

Cacuga wrote:

And you lost like 60 honor and 60 insignia, nothing to worry about if you ask me and your team still was able to farm honor. As i said, if you need to stop them in the way to the carts and farm your own carts the match is balanced and everyone will be able to get their shards, but when a team is winning for more than 2k points of difference why you need to stop them on the way to resources?

nubadubadub wrote:
If you want to farm carts in peace go play my little pony or try a farm sim
Thats a good idea.

Nobody said we want to farm in peace, we just want get the cart before get attacked, i don't mind to be killed once i get a cart. Of course if i keep wasting 25min each time i join a BG maybe i try those games, i'm wondering how you know there are carts...

Many people attack just to get honor, not necessarily to stop the other team from winning. Others attack to stop the other team from wining simply because 60 more insignia/honor DOES make a difference when you're trying to upgrade your gear. When farming honor, waiting for everyone you attack to first get a cart can be very time consuming and frustrating at times.
Yet it will make the game fun for all. It may all encourage players to battle people they normal would not(a player their on battle rating).
Cacuga wrote:
And what is the point of set a lure if you can't eat it? I'm not over do it when say i leave BGs with less than 5 shards and 0 kills.

You're missing the point of a lure then. Just because a lure is there, doesn't mean you should be able to easily get it. It means you have to fight for it in one way or another. The fact that you have to cross a battle field just to get it means you are much more motivated to get stronger in order to survive long enough to get to the loot. Battleground treasure chest isn't the only source of gems.

The way I see it is there's fighting and there’s absolute blood bath. Battlefield is the wrong title for this game feature. It should be called the inferno. A dozen players fighting one mighty player to pass through to the mines is not fun. I am just lost on your reasoning on motivation and lure. If the lure is becomes completely out of reach why motivate yourself to achieve an illusion. The process in which we do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result is call insanity. Give me a break. Allow players to mine. Just because we are average players does not mean we do not deserve arena armor. There are not only gems there; there are sockets too.

DingleMouse

Rank 0
PostedMay 14, 2013 4:54 pm
Changing the honor gain by BR is penalizing people for P2P and the Full-Time players. I do not understand penalizing people for doing well.

You have to think of the honor system as a separate leveling system. The main problem was that originally the BG was only 2 times per 24 hours. This limited the number of players that could attend. It will take time for this to even out. This is why some people have so much more honor than others. Currently, your honor gain per kill of lower rank people increases as your rank increases. Having a talent system also throws in a bump. When you get into the level 50 to 59 BG you could be facing someone who has been level 59 for months.

Any solution will have problems and won't fix it a 100%. I do not see penalizing certain players because they have more BR than the next is a good solution.

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedMay 16, 2013 12:38 pm

rules
wilred999 wrote:

The way I see it is there's fighting and there’s absolute blood bath. Battlefield is the wrong title for this game feature. It should be called the inferno. A dozen players fighting one mighty player to pass through to the mines is not fun. I am just lost on your reasoning on motivation and lure. If the lure is becomes completely out of reach why motivate yourself to achieve an illusion. The process in which we do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result is call insanity. Give me a break. Allow players to mine. Just because we are average players does not mean we do not deserve arena armor. There are not only gems there; there are sockets too.  

I did not mean it motivates people to attempt to get the cart over and over hoping that eventually they finally get it. I meant they will be motivated to strengthen their player even more before even thinking of stepping foot on the battle field. There are other means of strengthening your character besides doing carts in BG. Until you are strong enough to compete, maybe stay out of BG? Also do what many others do, don't advance to the next BG until your character is above average for your current BG level.

Love what you do and do what you love.

wilred999

Rank 0
PostedMay 17, 2013 9:05 am

The rules do not penalize anyone. It challenges players with a more structured game. If you believe your time is well spend defeating new players you can do that. In the spirit of the game you should get less points for doing so. Doing well or well off financially.

wilred999

Rank 0
PostedMay 17, 2013 9:26 am

rules
ToBeFeared wrote:
wilred999 wrote:

I did not mean it motivates people to attempt to get the cart over and over hoping that eventually they finally get it. I meant they will be motivated to strengthen their player even more before even thinking of stepping foot on the battle field. There are other means of strengthening your character besides doing carts in BG. Until you are strong enough to compete, maybe stay out of BG? Also do what many others do, don't advance to the next BG until your character is above average for your current BG level.  

That is not reasonable. How are most players suppose to get stronger without being able to get the armor which requires honor points? What is being discussed are ways to make bg more fun for everyone and not just you. Boundaries are set through out the game; why not in battleground. The aim should be everyone should have fun not just you,"ToBeFeared".

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedMay 17, 2013 11:57 am

rules
wilred999 wrote:

That is not reasonable. How are most players suppose to get stronger without being able to get the armor which requires honor points? What is being discussed are ways to make bg more fun for everyone and not just you. Boundaries are set through out the game; why not in battleground. The aim should be everyone should have fun not just you,"ToBeFeared".  

Guild Battles also give honor. Also you don't lose honor till you're at Crusader. 55 Gear only requires Elite Warrior. So you can acquire all the gear without having to worry about people making it to where you lose honor to where you can't. There are boundaries in Battleground we cannot enter the other teams spawn zone. You also get Dryads which increases your stats the more times you die after the 2nd death. Also PvE gear > PvP gear.

What people have been trying to discuss isn't really ways to make bg more fun, but ways to limit others from doing things that they do not want to do. Which is they want to only cart and not fight. People enter Player vs Player environments to fight. So wanting to add additional limitations to PvP for a PvP place to cater to players that don't want to PvP is silly. If you don't want to fight other players, stay out of areas of the game that have you fight them. Things you can acquire from carts can be acquired from pure PvE situations where you don't have to worry about PvP.