PostedMay 11, 2013 4:45 pm

well....

ppl byu golds from them thats why so high price atm
Advertisement

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedMay 11, 2013 7:15 pm
These problems will continue unless the already good ideas are to be implemented ASAP. Taking away the gold from people is not a good idea. Putting a level cap on communications? That's a terrific idea.

A world where there will be no males and females, Sexism and double standards will be history.

picklesz

Rank 0
PostedMay 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Taking away the gold from people is not a good idea  

*sigh* Let's go over this again, just for the people that don't understand.

YES, we are taking away money and that makes everyone go D: but realize that I'm also saying that prices should be lowered by a LOT (they exploded to 150% of their normal price in a matter of weeks).

So basically, would you rather have 10 gold and buy an item that costs 10 gold, or would you rather have 1 gold and buy the SAME ITEM for 5 silver?

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedMay 11, 2013 7:42 pm
Things don't work that way, especially for late game. One of the problems is that the quests of this game gave us that money, so it's something EVERYONE without AP ever can achieve. I did not pay a single cent in real life for my virtual budget, and I have barely enough to spend, so just lower the prices is enough since there's no way one can do this game extravagantly without turning to gold sellers.

What I always propose in the face of this issue is to make some loots buyable through NPCs. By decreasing the demand for the things in AH, we can hopefully reach a foreseeable scenario where PVP is once again fair for all sides, paid or not-paid, and where everyone can have fun. I can understand where you're coming from but I only have 10 gold so don't take it all away from me, thanks.

A world where there will be no males and females, Sexism and double standards will be history.

Yyore

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
Yyore
PostedMay 11, 2013 8:10 pm
As some stated, people who buy gold from gold sellers are causing this. Aeria should take serious actions on those players.

Credits to lorddarthmel

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedMay 11, 2013 8:28 pm
That IS an already ongoing measure, but the gold spammers aren't dealt with effectively in contrast.

picklesz

Rank 0
PostedMay 11, 2013 10:00 pm
terrie_herm wrote:
Things don't work that way, especially for late game. One of the problems is that the quests of this game gave us that money, so it's something EVERYONE without AP ever can achieve. I did not pay a single cent in real life for my virtual budget, and I have barely enough to spend, so just lower the prices is enough since there's no way one can do this game extravagantly without turning to gold sellers.

What I always propose in the face of this issue is to make some loots buyable through NPCs. By decreasing the demand for the things in AH, we can hopefully reach a foreseeable scenario where PVP is once again fair for all sides, paid or not-paid, and where everyone can have fun. I can understand where you're coming from but I only have 10 gold so don't take it all away from me, thanks.  

I don't wanna keep repeating myself over and over, so please top making me reexplain the exact same thing (I've already addressed your argument). Look. You have 10 gold, right? Now Aeria removes 90% of that gold, and everybody else's gold is reduced by 90% as well. Now you have only 1 gold. So you're unhappy because you can't buy anything, right? WRONG. Like I've said, we're lowering the price of items as well. So the price would be low enough so that you could buy stuff for 1 gold that you couldn't buy for 10 gold previously.

A more simple way to think about it: Let's say you have 10 dollars and a candy bar costs 10 dollars. What I'm saying is that we take away 9 dollars from you and knock off 9.5 dollars from that price. So now you have 1 dollar and the candy bar costs 50 cents. So you could buy two of them now (obvoiusly the 9.5 is really exaggerated, but this is just an example).

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedMay 11, 2013 10:21 pm
I think we're at an impasse if that's still your standing. If you want to make sure Gold is that rare in everyone's wallets, first you must make sure the game itself doesn't tax that much of it to begin with. Check how much enhancements cost. How much items cost when buying. How much things aren't in the NPC merchandise but play critical factors in the game. You only see how the players overcharge others, but you don't see the entire game economy as a whole.

UndeadHost

Rank 2
UndeadHost
PostedMay 11, 2013 10:35 pm
Here is my solution: limit the amount of gold available to one character at a time.

Say there was a gold limit of 2000 (2k). That means, the most desirable of items could only ever sell for 2000g. If someone has over 2000g at the time, they will lose that excess of gold. But it is their fault for selling things so high, or for buying things for such ridiculous prices. It also means that any current items on auction being sold for 2000g 1b, or more, will automatically be removed from the Auction House. Again, people would lose money for selling things for 3500g (which I have seen) or for however much over 2000.

Another solution which I have just thought of: increase the amount of money to put up the items for auction. This is a bad idea, unless the cost for auctioning increases dramatically at, say, 1000g. If you try to auction off an item at 999g 99s 99b, you would have to pay the current cost, but anything over that would be undesirable. Say selling items for 1000g costs 10g for the auctioneer currently, to put up for auction, the dramatic would be 100g. Increase the cost to roughly 10% of the price on auction.

If viable, the second solution could easily work in tandem with the first solution.

lin2975

Rank 0
PostedMay 12, 2013 12:24 am
Why not implement a "Price Ceiling" on items that can be acquired from the AP shop.