bobbyarmstrong

Rank 0
bobbyarmstrong
PostedMay 02, 2013 8:53 am
Star2099 wrote:
Please don't bring back old posts to life. GM's don't answer because they require you to submit a ticket with a link to the forums for them to give it any attention. I deleted/ dropped a fortified item also. It has happened to a lot of us. Just be more careful next time.  

This post isn't that old.
Advertisement

HolyRawry

Rank 0
HolyRawry
PostedMay 02, 2013 7:53 pm
I've just decided to keep playing for now. Only because I care and enjoy the company of the friends I've made in Sapphire. I've grown to care and love my friends too much to quit. But.... I don't think I will be spending anymore money on the AP system.

What can we do as patrons? Seems that only a few of us have the courage and are willing to voice their opinions to make any difference at all.

Funny how the only contact on this post by a GM was made by modifying a URL link to a game I placed on one of the posts on this thread.... and how none of the directed allegations was neither replied to be accepted or denied by the opposing party..... smh......

HolyRawry

Rank 0
HolyRawry
PostedMay 03, 2013 12:52 am
Wow such a low blow. Lower than the sole of my feet lol Moved my post to the "BUG" posts.

This is really funny. Way to handle it Aeria. LOL

GMObspho

GameMaster: USA
GMObspho
PostedMay 03, 2013 8:03 pm
I'd like to toss in my 2 cents on this-

We understand some players are unhappy with the fact that there is a service fee for item restoration. While we understand your concern, this is unfortunately something that needs to be done for us to be able to provide this service. I'd like to quote from a previous post about this service:

While something like this may seem like "common courtesy", in reality, it is an extremely complicated process on our end, and was unfortunately not cost / time effective for us to do til this point.

To clarify: we received so many tickets from people who lost an item through accidentally deleting it or forgetting a safety stone or other reasons that if we attempted to assist them all, we would have little time to do our other duties!

This is why many games have their stance as "we are unable to restore broken or deleted items that have been deleted due to the error of the player." However, we don't want to see someone get completely discouraged solely because they, for example, lost their awakened weapon because they forgot a safety stone. This is our attempt to provide this service for our players while keeping it viable for us.

Under ideal circumstances, this service should not be needed, as we have confirmation windows for deleting items and we ask players to always be careful when moving / deleting items. However, mistakes DO happen- which is why we are now providing this service.
Original post here  

For every single deleted item request we receive, we are required to do extensive searching of our logs to ensure that the player had the item in the first place / is referencing the correct item / did not sell it with the intent of buying back rather than merely deleting it, and so on and so forth. As much as we would love to operate on a trust basis, we have unfortunately had players attempting to scam the system before in the past.

As to players stating that an item has disappeared from their bags, or that they did not receive a confirmation window- unfortunately, without being able to confirm this, we cannot simply issue a new item on a "trust" basis. We have done extensive testing on deleting / fortifying items, and thus far have not encountered any similar issues with how these systems work. We have often received tickets from players stating that their item vanished, yet when searching our logs, we were able to see that the item had been sold or deleted by the player themselves.

As longtime gamers ourselves, we have experienced firsthand the consequences of "distracted" gaming- deleting items to make bag space, mass selling items to an NPC, only to check your bags later and realize that your item is gone. While we're not stating this is what occurred for any players in this particular thread, we do want to stress that because we know this can happen, this is unfortunately how we need to handle matters such as this.

As to the OP of this post's statement:

HolyRawry wrote:
Wow such a low blow. Lower than the sole of my feet lol Moved my post to the "BUG" posts.  

You reported what you believed to be a bug, therefore your post was moved to the Bug Report section. We apologize that you are unhappy with this; however that is the purpose of this forum.

We will keep this thread unlocked for now if players wish to pursue discussion in this matter. However, please keep your responses constructive so that we are able to keep this thread open.

TheCockroach

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
TheCockroach
PostedMay 04, 2013 4:41 pm

Re: Game Deleting Fortified Gear w/o player consent

Have you ever had a fortified item deleted w/o the game prompt poppin up for your consent?
HolyRawry wrote:
Appealing to those who have been told to purchase an 'Item Recovery Crystal' for a fortified item that the game deleted. I feel like I am being extorted for something that I was not responsible for. And the fact that even if you do buy this crystal....they give you back the item w/o the fortifications and enchants it originally had....so you end up spending more AP and gold to refortify the item to a significant +8....which to most people is still costly.

Basically I was in a 1player dungeon leveling my classes and my bags were full. I wanted to see what the blue items the boss dropped, so I can make a purple cestus. So I grabbed a white item glove and dragged it out to empty a spot to make room. But as I released the item I glimpsed the item name had --- +8. My heart skipped a beat oh @#$%!! So I went to look at my gear and the white glove was on my character and my <Earthly Ring Glove +8> was gone.

The game is supposed to pop up prompt window which asks you for consent for any items that have been fortified before deletion. And in my case.....this did not happen. And guess what this is what Aeria replied to me in a ticket.

Hello HolyRawry , Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We're sorry to hear that your item has been deleted. However the only way to get it returned is by purchasing an "Item Recovery Crystal". After purchasing of the crystal and verifying that your item did indeed get deleted, we will send you a new item. If you wish to proceed with this issue, we will need you to purchase an "Item Recovery Crystal" and then answer these questions for us: 1) Your account name: 2) Server and channel: 3) Character's name that originally had the item: 4) The specific name of the item you wish to restore: 5) The time you lost your item and the date. Also keep in mind that your item will be unfortified and it will be up to the player to fortify it again. For more information please refer to this post: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1620223 Regards, The Eden Eternal Team

Has this happened to anyone else out there?  

I also would like to toss in my 2 cents on this also. And before I begin, allow me to make it very clear that yes, I know sometimes things DO happen. And I'm not saying something odd didn't happen this time necessarily, but.. I find certain things very odd about your description of the events that happened that make it sound less like a bug, and more like simple human error.

So first off:

HolyRawry wrote:
So I grabbed a white item glove and dragged it out to empty a spot to make room. But as I released the item I glimpsed the item name had --- +8.  

The problem I see here, is that the only time you'll see an item name, is when you hover over it, once you have left clicked and picked it up, it won't display the name of the item again. At least that is, until you left click outside of your bag to delete it, aka that "prompt window" that you said was missing. So you could not have possibly glanced that it was a +8 item being deleted without seeing said "prompt window".

HolyRawry wrote:
So I went to look at my gear and the white glove was on my character and my <Earthly Ring Glove +8> was gone.  

Well, here it is almost apparent it is human error. Since what it seems happened is that you accidentally right clicked and equipped this white glove, hence replacing your +8 item with it. But it wasn't Aeria who accidentally right clicked, since only you have control of your mouse. It may have even been that your mouse is faulty or something, but again, that is not Aeria's concern.

HolyRawry wrote:
I feel like I am being extorted for something that I was not responsible for.  

Again, I know sometimes things happen, as there is a lot of factors at play. It could be you lagged some due to connection issues somewhere down the line between you and Aeria's servers, or it could be a computer performance issue even. And yes, I won't deny that sometimes, on occasion, server lag isn't due to just simply "connection issues". But given all the details contained here, I feel I can in no way hold Aeria itself responsible for the loss of your item. Hence I don't personally feel it would qualify for "extortion" in this case.

And last, but not least..

HolyRawry wrote:

This is really funny. Way to handle it Aeria. LOL  

So, I'm curious. You seem to feel that this post doesn't belong in the "Bug Section", but hence you said very clearly that :

HolyRawry wrote:
The game is supposed to pop up prompt window which asks you for consent for any items that have been fortified before deletion. And in my case.....this did not happen.  

So if this isn't a "bug", then what would you call it instead? Raging due to possible human error maybe..?