arborious

Rank 0
arborious
PostedMay 02, 2013 12:59 pm

Aborting a quest

I took a daily quest but as it turned out its on the other side of the map from where i was
So instead of doing daily quests till the next lvl i just decided to farm lvlv 25+ mobs so i can get some hypovials and any other goodies the gods decide to bestow upon me

But i havent seen any way to give up, abort, delete, just plain remove a quest from the list
So is there a way?
Advertisement

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedMay 02, 2013 1:08 pm
You should be able to hide the quest on the list from the Quests menu.

I think Repeatables are the only quests you can abandon. (could be wrong, don't quote me on that one...haven't abandoned one in awhile)

megamagex

Rank 0
megamagex
PostedMay 02, 2013 2:04 pm
There's an option to put a quest on hold, which sounds like it's about the same thing, as you have to retake the quest from the NPC again. it's in the quest journal, bottom right corner if I remember correctly. Also, generally there's teleport pads you can take to get close-ish to just about any daily quest monster; it's still a pain in the rear end though.

rosewushu

Rank 1
rosewushu
PostedMay 02, 2013 3:41 pm
Stick a wire hanger up in your quest box and pull it out.

kenshin_1

Rank 0
kenshin_1
PostedMay 02, 2013 4:05 pm

Quest!"

I assume the quest your referring too is the "Call to arms" quest, which tells you to go to Daren, only problem is, once you click his name in the quest box, it starts to take you to the other side of the map. This is a bug, and its actually leading you to the other factions Daren. Since me trying to describe where he is through here is pointless, i suggest once your in game in Caergate, ask someone to point you to where he is because he is also on your side of the map not just the other factions side ^^

I hope this helps your dilemma rather than you having to cancel the quest. The only quests i think anyone would have reason to cancel because of being incomplete-able are the "victory janus/turnpike" quests because they are attached to a certain level of battle grounds, and once you've passed that level the quest remains but you cant complete it ^^

Anyway hope this helps Very Happy

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedMay 02, 2013 6:40 pm

Re: Quest!"

kenshin_1 wrote:
I assume the quest your referring too is the "Call to arms" quest, which tells you to go to Daren, only problem is, once you click his name in the quest box, it starts to take you to the other side of the map. This is a bug, and its actually leading you to the other factions Daren. Since me trying to describe where he is through here is pointless, i suggest once your in game in Caergate, ask someone to point you to where he is because he is also on your side of the map not just the other factions side ^^

^ If this is the quest you're having trouble with, the NPC de-spawns when someone takes the "Protect the Engineer" quest from him. He'll respawn right about 3 seconds later in the same spot.

For RG, he spawns at the west side of the Caergate base
For Free Knights, he spawns at the east side of the Caergate base

UndeadHost

Rank 2
UndeadHost
PostedMay 02, 2013 9:46 pm

kenshin_1 wrote:

What some people don't seem to realise - and this quote is a perfect example of such a person - is that, even though the areas, quests and quest text (disregarding the faction names being mentioned) are the same in both factions, not everything is the same on both sides. Though very few, there are some NPCs who's names are different.

These are the ones I know about:
Lota (RG) and Sati (Free Knights)
Laura (RG) and Lola (Free Knights)
Nadia (RG) and Naomi (Free Knights)
Douglas (RG) and Daren (Free Knights)

I have only played RG, so I've found the differences in Caergate, and through a couple of videos on YouTube.

To make this post on-topic: I didn't realise On Hold quests could be effectively deleted. I'm pretty sure you can remove them from On Hold - correct me I'm wrong.

kenshin_1

Rank 0
kenshin_1
PostedMay 03, 2013 2:34 am

UndeadHost wrote:
kenshin_1 wrote:

What some people don't seem to realise - and this quote is a perfect example of such a person - is that, even though the areas, quests and quest text (disregarding the faction names being mentioned) are the same in both factions, not everything is the same on both sides. Though very few, there are some NPCs who's names are different.

These are the ones I know about:
Lota (RG) and Sati (Free Knights)
Laura (RG) and Lola (Free Knights)
Nadia (RG) and Naomi (Free Knights)
Douglas (RG) and Daren (Free Knights)

I have only played RG, so I've found the differences in Caergate, and through a couple of videos on YouTube.

To make this post on-topic: I didn't realize On Hold quests could be effectively deleted. I'm pretty sure you can remove them from On Hold - correct me I'm wrong.  

yes regardless of what you have said and the names being different, the point is when we Free Knights click the call to arms quest, it sends us to the RG side to your version of "Daren" so the point i'm making is that she can indeed complete the quest because there is one on our side of the map. I know they have different names, i have played both sides. But what you've said doesn't help with the question that was asked because the fact that you get sent to the opposing factions side still remains even though there is one on your side too.

arborious

Rank 0
arborious
PostedMay 03, 2013 7:22 am
megamagex wrote:
There's an option to put a quest on hold, which sounds like it's about the same thing, as you have to retake the quest from the NPC again. it's in the quest journal, bottom right corner if I remember correctly. Also, generally there's teleport pads you can take to get close-ish to just about any daily quest monster; it's still a pain in the rear end though.  

What i wanted was to remove the quest from the popup quest list where you click on the mob and it auto travels you there
I opended the quest log from the bottom right, which i had never done before, looked at the daily tab, and unchecked it.
It removed it from the popup list which is what i wanted, but it didnt remove it from the quest log which is fine

OSUBeaver

GameSage: Forum
OSUBeaver
PostedMay 03, 2013 7:25 am
Moved to Gameplay Help.

Just plain Beaver now.