fialkowski77

Rank 0
PostedMay 02, 2013 9:45 am

double blow or crippler?

So I know it's kind of a weird question but I'm not going into the pvp skills and eagle eye isn't worth it right now(at least imo) so my question is I have 5 points level and not 100% positive where these should go. I could go into acc passive but I don't believe that's worth it so my options are double blow or crippler. I could easily change the dps on each skill if I know the damage per point difference(or of they scale linearly per point or not) but I don't so my question is leave crippler at rank 5 and up double blow to 6 or leave double blow t 1 and up crippler to 10?
Advertisement

Deca86

Rank 0
Deca86
PostedMay 02, 2013 12:22 pm
Depends, what are you looking for? Burst damage or DPS?
Double Blow has 2sec cooldown so would give you more DPS in the long run.
Crippler does a big hit (burst), and has a high ch-atk added aswell, but comes with a very long cooldown (9seconds).

Basing it on lvl1 skills (and my gear etc):
- Crippler 809-1165 dmg / 218-498 ch-atk
- Double Blow 644-925 dmg / 112-282 ch-atk

Taking the high-end dmg of both skills, the dps is:
- Crippler 1165+498/9 = 184,77 DPS
- Double Blow 925+282/2 = 603,5 DPS

So, to out-DPS Double Blow, Crippler needs to have 3,3 times the skill damage of Double Blow. To maximize DPS, a balance between the two skills should be the best solution.

yan_yan031210

Rank 0
yan_yan031210
PostedMay 02, 2013 8:32 pm
for me 5points for cripler 0point for double blow.

double blow is a waste of skill points if you put more points on that. coz the damage is too low. even the cooldown is fast it doesnt mean that this skill is effective on pvp.

fialkowski77

Rank 0
PostedMay 02, 2013 8:39 pm
and if you actually read the post I specifically state that I'm talking about pve only not pvp

revbdavis

Rank 1
revbdavis
PostedMay 02, 2013 9:10 pm

hmm
Maybe I'm unique but I've made double blow work on PvP. It's nice to be able to use while the heavy hitters are in cool down. Anything that can blunt the other players buffing us is ok with me.

I"m the medic with a killer's touch.

JaeBrawler

Rank 0
PostedMay 20, 2013 4:48 pm
I'm a new player so not sure how much weight my opinion holds but i will go with Crippler. I seem to get more crit from that one when pve.

I can't wait for the CD to be over every time I use it. I considered DBlow a noob skill. I will go back and look at it after reading these comments.

TehCait

Rank 1
PostedMay 21, 2013 5:47 pm
1 point in each

WartortleTDC

Rank 0
WartortleTDC
PostedJun 01, 2013 4:02 pm
I think both are useful. I think Double Blow is important because it contributes to a good skill rotation with its short cooldown. Crippler is a must in any SW so.. I think both work well.

joelmc110023

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
joelmc110023
PostedMay 30, 2014 10:38 pm
Cripler can hit roughly as hard as slaughter when maxxed (if you are wearing full envoy/sorcerer/seer), and that is every 9 seconds. The skill also grabs aggro (the description about decreasing aggro is wrong. It increases it.)

It does well for PVP and PVE.

Double blow scales terribly. It's not really that great for DPS....just put 1 point in it and use it as a space-filler.

If you're wanting to win a DPS race, you want a lot of burst damage. If you can get burst damage over and over very quickly, however, you can do wonders on DPS. That is where cripler comes in to play.

Game: Scarlet Blade Faction: Free Knights Screen Name: ThatDamnSW

dr_beat_4ever

Rank 0
dr_beat_4ever
PostedJun 14, 2014 4:13 am
Crippler for sure...!!

Both DPS or Burst!
Experiment on this if you like and then prove it:

1. Go to a dungeon with the exactly same team for 2 runs.
2. First run: full invest at double blow
3. Note your results at the end of last boss. Print screen it, so you don't have to use papers, excel sheets or whatsoever.
4. Out from dungeon: Reset skills, go for full invest for Crippler. Don't forget to ask your team to wait for you to reset and setting skills on shortcuts.
5. Second run: Then do point 3 again.
6. You will got results: Crippler is best overall burst damage and DPS.

I did this on my SW: ValkyrieClaw (RG).

My recomendation: 5 points on Crippler; 0 for Double Blow.

Summaries:
Crippler works best for PvP too, not only PvE.

To get the best steady team for experiment, you can ask regular active players on your guild.
Or if you are OP player, you just need to "borrow" a party. (asking someone to party you, and then you go to the dungeon alone until your experiment completed).

On PvE negative notes, Crippler has long duration cool down (9 secs). You will "feel" clumsy when all of your skills are on cooling down state. But don't worry, it is not your style which determine you are good or not, but your rank on DPS board will do.

To use a balance of Double Blow and Crippler is not recommended. When you did the experiment, you will find: Full Crippler wins the highest DPS amount compared to Double Blow, or a set of balance between those two.

To get factual result; doing an experiment is a must, not only calculator based logical conclusion. There are a lot of factors out there which influence the outcome produced. (opponent DEF, VOID, element resist, your balancing actions to refill HP/SP, cooling down state, buffs, de-buffs, etc.)
There are a lot of facts you will get which give contrary results against calculator based logical mind set.

After you got your results; I would like to recommend you to use: seer/envoy for earrings, scout/killer for necklace and trinket, and then seer/envoy for rings. That will make more difference on your crippler (and all other skills).