Hakkyou14

Rank 0
PostedApr 16, 2013 11:35 pm

any suggustions for a proper SW?

greetings everyone.

I would like to know if you can give any proper advice or suggestion to properly build a SW?

I had already some of the guides in here and even went out made my own SW while adding some of the advices from the guides and putting some of what I felt helpful to me.

it still feels I screwed up somewhere, so I am starting all over again.

what I want to know what is the best build that would make me deliver maximum damage while I will still be able to live enough to do that and not getting killed during my combo?

in build as skills AND Gears.
Advertisement

Loriniss

Rank 0
PostedApr 24, 2013 4:06 pm

what I want to know what is the best build that would make me deliver maximum damage while I will still be able to live enough to do that and not getting killed during my combo?  

If you're speaking of surviving during mass pvp like TP or Jan, SW is not the best class for that. She is too squishy, ofc im not saying about gear monsters of +9 +10, thats would be different.
SW main purpose is to burn down someone quickly or to disable aoe spammers/medics who likes to run into your group and cast aoe skills (PU and WH as example).
If you want to try berserk mode aka running into enemy lines, you might consider buffing yourself for +EVA, thought it wont last very long, but still may provide you an opportunity to get a kill here and there.

So long story short - my vision of SW is to build her for single target dps, and Im not picking up HP passives - you will die under focus no matter what. Just read skills descriptions when leveling character. Also enhancing gear provides huge advantage in this game, so getting (and enchanting) rare gear is your top priority. If you're know how to handle your character, but your weapon is +0 - you are not much of a threat.

pxsparta

Rank 0
PostedApr 24, 2013 8:11 pm
A sw is a wreck of damage out of sight on first prey. Focus on your crits, high damage. Your not a tank by any means, so dont spec like one.

My build uses absolutely no buffs, except 1 just so i get the aoe knockout. They arent long enough to be valuable imo or cost to many points to get to the buff you desire. Passives go along with what you lack, i think the hide passive shud be considered for the sake of sents. They make it hard for us.

Slayhew

Rank 0
PostedApr 25, 2013 3:39 pm
pxsparta wrote:
A sw is a wreck of damage out of sight on first prey. Focus on your crits, high damage. Your not a tank by any means, so dont spec like one.

My build uses absolutely no buffs, except 1 just so i get the aoe knockout. They arent long enough to be valuable imo or cost to many points to get to the buff you desire. Passives go along with what you lack, i think the hide passive shud be considered for the sake of sents. They make it hard for us.  

Well I totally disagree with this one. The EVA buffs are the only thing that might keep you alive if you decide to go balls deep and I gotta admit they buy you a lot of time. For maximum damage output builds they aren't made, but for PvP they are spot on. Max dmg builds are only for pure PvE which IMO this game is far from. My EVA buffs last for 20 and 7 seconds atm. That 7 seconds when both are active I have massive evasion and it's kinda funny how much hits you can take compared being without those said buffs. Also gives a high chance of avoiding cc effects as they give you Ch-EVA too. Adding to that the 20 sec buff gives additional accuracies for both physical and chakra based abilities meaning you will hit more and your cc's become more reliable.

Casting buffs won't break your stealth either. It's kinda annoying to manage them as in keeping track on cooldowns and casting them at appropriate times, but thats just more skillful playing. Anyone can smash buttons, but not everyone can push a certain button at the right time.

I've rolled my skills once with the 69AP skill reset code and put points on aoe skills and left double blow at 0. I had higher single target damage with the first build, but judging by BC dmg meters now I have nothing to be ashamed of damagewise and I can offer more disables and have a lot higher survivability on PvP.

The reason I tried this build is because I got frustrated on battlegrounds where teams are always cluttered and I was forced to linger stealthed around the enemy team waiting for enemies to wander away from their group and then assassinating them. Still almost always getting killed in the process afterwards. The problem with this style is the contribution point system which doesn't reward lingering in stealth and leaves you far behind the other classes. Now with my new build I can man up by activating EVA buffs and charging in like a boss and cause a lot more chaos. I don't die instantly when I go in, I actually have a chance to get out alive and I do notably more damage due to actually living quite a while and get a lot more points in battlegrounds. What's most important that it's fun!

Anyway I hope you get something out of my nonsense. The bottom line is that it always comes to what suits the player best. There is no single best answer because playstyles always vary a lot, doesn't matter which game you are talking about.

yan_yan031210

Rank 0
yan_yan031210
PostedApr 25, 2013 7:48 pm
go to my thread
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1970597

it will give you idea on SW

pxsparta

Rank 0
PostedApr 25, 2013 9:06 pm
Slayhew wrote:
pxsparta wrote:

Well I totally disagree with this one. The EVA buffs are the only thing that might keep you alive if you decide to go balls deep and I gotta admit they buy you a lot of time. For maximum damage output builds they aren't made, but for PvP they are spot on. Max dmg builds are only for pure PvE which IMO this game is far from. My EVA buffs last for 20 and 7 seconds atm. That 7 seconds when both are active I have massive evasion and it's kinda funny how much hits you can take compared being without those said buffs. Also gives a high chance of avoiding cc effects as they give you Ch-EVA too. Adding to that the 20 sec buff gives additional accuracies for both physical and chakra based abilities meaning you will hit more and your cc's become more reliable.

Casting buffs won't break your stealth either. It's kinda annoying to manage them as in keeping track on cooldowns and casting them at appropriate times, but thats just more skillful playing. Anyone can smash buttons, but not everyone can push a certain button at the right time.

I've rolled my skills once with the 69AP skill reset code and put points on aoe skills and left double blow at 0. I had higher single target damage with the first build, but judging by BC dmg meters now I have nothing to be ashamed of damagewise and I can offer more disables and have a lot higher survivability on PvP.

The reason I tried this build is because I got frustrated on battlegrounds where teams are always cluttered and I was forced to linger stealthed around the enemy team waiting for enemies to wander away from their group and then assassinating them. Still almost always getting killed in the process afterwards. The problem with this style is the contribution point system which doesn't reward lingering in stealth and leaves you far behind the other classes. Now with my new build I can man up by activating EVA buffs and charging in like a boss and cause a lot more chaos. I don't die instantly when I go in, I actually have a chance to get out alive and I do notably more damage due to actually living quite a while and get a lot more points in battlegrounds. What's most important that it's fun!

Anyway I hope you get something out of my nonsense. The bottom line is that it always comes to what suits the player best. There is no single best answer because playstyles always vary a lot, doesn't matter which game you are talking about.  

My build is quite simple minded but it works. I dont die too often either, without buffs. To me a sw should not go bum rushing in a bg even with the amount of eva u have, a dps train will eventually hit. Max dps is not just PvE, its just more effective in PvE because u have less defensive stats/skills to worry about.

mavlok0532

Rank 0
mavlok0532
PostedApr 30, 2013 6:09 am
Actually if you build it correctly basing it on acc and crit, you should be able to do fairly well in Jan. I did it lastnight though i lacked kills (only 6) I managed to be number one in contribution by using it to take out the towers. If your using your mech your fine but standing alone its way too squishy.