Foxphoenix

Rank 0
PostedApr 27, 2013 10:53 pm
Let me add. The system does have a (sort of) limit to keep Free Knights RG balanced in terms of numbers on BGs. Sometimes it gets borked. Sometimes it works. Now, here's something I was discussing with another Valk RG. Clusters. <.<

Because there's so many FKs and so few RGs, the BGs often fill with the same amount of RGs from the previous fight, while the system chooses the first batch of available FKs. Those who registered first. It's usually a fresh group, full of items and, lo and behold, cyberclusters. Because RG is the same group, they are limited in clusters while the fresh Free Knights group will have their good quantity of them. In one of my last Janus fights on my lv 24 RG Punisher, I stopped counting after the 40th Free Knights cluster I saw thrown on the field, while we had none in our inventories to respond. We lost that Janus 200 to 70 something. I tried keeping the names of the FKs present to test. Next Janus? It was full of new names. This explanation might seem long but, see where I'm trying to go here? Having more people means having more usable items.

On CG, numbers mean Free Knights will have not only the items but the able bodies to not only clear the bosses, which they do multiple times a day with almost no RG intervention, but they also get more items per player and from those same bosses. Numbers also mean there will be more likely players with money and able to gear up their players. If you follow the chat alerts, Free Knights +7 and up notices outnumber RG more than two to one now.

The BG problem could be fixed a little by limiting cluster usage to a set amount per player. The Caergate problem? not sure. But the camp buff isn't doing enough. The FKs are already too geared for the RGs to fight on a level field. Simply, more people are needed on RG, The faction is really demotivated as it is, with only a few players with good gear and enough happiness onto themselves to try and motivate the rest. But things in general are really bad for Valk RG as pvp goes right now.
Advertisement

TheWorld91

Rank 0
PostedApr 28, 2013 2:25 am
Foxphoenix wrote:
Let me add. The system does have a (sort of) limit to keep Free Knights RG balanced in terms of numbers on BGs. Sometimes it gets borked. Sometimes it works. Now, here's something I was discussing with another Valk RG. Clusters. <.<

Because there's so many FKs and so few RGs, the BGs often fill with the same amount of RGs from the previous fight, while the system chooses the first batch of available FKs. Those who registered first. It's usually a fresh group, full of items and, lo and behold, cyberclusters. Because RG is the same group, they are limited in clusters while the fresh Free Knights group will have their good quantity of them. In one of my last Janus fights on my lv 24 RG Punisher, I stopped counting after the 40th Free Knights cluster I saw thrown on the field, while we had none in our inventories to respond. We lost that Janus 200 to 70 something. I tried keeping the names of the FKs present to test. Next Janus? It was full of new names. This explanation might seem long but, see where I'm trying to go here? Having more people means having more usable items.

On CG, numbers mean Free Knights will have not only the items but the able bodies to not only clear the bosses, which they do multiple times a day with almost no RG intervention, but they also get more items per player and from those same bosses. Numbers also mean there will be more likely players with money and able to gear up their players. If you follow the chat alerts, Free Knights +7 and up notices outnumber RG more than two to one now.

The BG problem could be fixed a little by limiting cluster usage to a set amount per player. The Caergate problem? not sure. But the camp buff isn't doing enough. The FKs are already too geared for the RGs to fight on a level field. Simply, more people are needed on RG, The faction is really demotivated as it is, with only a few players with good gear and enough happiness onto themselves to try and motivate the rest. But things in general are really bad for Valk RG as pvp goes right now.  

good for you, i doubt you will see an out-numbered RG in BG spamming cyberclusters like nothing in Venus.
whats more they have more WH and DE than Free Knights, so before you want to balance the faction by numbers keep the amount of DE n WH in mind or we could go with nerding chi-dmg stats.
if not it will be 22 vs 22, 1 or 2 WH in Free Knights and huge amount of DE WH in RG.
soo epic balance right?

Elynosgirl

Rank 2
Elynosgirl
PostedApr 28, 2013 3:31 am
TheWorld91 wrote:
Foxphoenix wrote:

good for you, i doubt you will see an out-numbered RG in BG spamming cyberclusters like nothing in Venus.
whats more they have more WH and DE than Free Knights, so before you want to balance the faction by numbers keep the amount of DE n WH in mind or we could go with nerding chi-dmg stats.
if not it will be 22 vs 22, 1 or 2 WH in Free Knights and huge amount of DE WH in RG.
soo epic balance right?  

seems that you have a personal problem with the defenders and whippers on venus , i could name some Free Knights whippers who are ok at gameplay at 29 how come u say there are none when they are like killing 2/4 of the entire RG side? not to mention those have a enchant around 7 or above
If there are no more whippers or def joining for battle than the other side 2 classes don't even care if the rg side whipeprs/def can't enter battle because other ppl whine about the balance of classes of the faction than this game going to follow Dragona and what classes you want to join instead of them if there are not as many players on the rg side on venus , only medics ? or maybe we should chose our opponents in battle since we can't deal with every class *sarcasm powah*
the thread is about the number of active (playing) players and not inactive(fake chars etc) on each sides and not of the classes, you're missing the point here , read the thread starter post
Xenosnake wrote:
Okay Valk RGs are currently almost dead....

2 vs 15 on Janus

5 vs 22 Turnpike.

Some RGs already moved into Free Knights cause they always lose, or move to other server, cause they also always lose.

How about giving a low population faction a buff.

Valk RG should receive 50% increase on exp and drops, to encourage new player to join the faction.

Also Im a Valk Free Knights...  

(✿◠‿◠)( ⌣́,⌣̀)(^◡^ )

Rennetta

Rank 0
Rennetta
PostedApr 28, 2013 4:02 am
There are an adequate amount of RG players in Valk. From what I've seen, there are more PVE players than PVP players.

It appears I'm part of the problem, because I'm a RG PVE Player and I'm not all that interested in PVP events. I actually participated in two just so I don't have to see those Side Quests in my face, stretching the poor window. Then there's the whining and complaining of the PVP players over at the World Chat, that REALLY deterred me into playing Janus/Turnpike events. This could be the same with other RG players.

Kinda makes it feel wrong to even consider PVE play, when RG PVP players cry out for help at every event..

Foxphoenix

Rank 0
PostedApr 28, 2013 9:48 am
The choice of RG players to prefer PvE over PvP could be a cause too. Not because of this game's pvp system, but maybe, because simply pure PvEers chose RG because of the lore. Usually the players who chose the "rude" or in wrestling terms, the "heels" factions, are more inclined to pvp for the whole rude/bad guy thing, while PvEers chose the faction that looks like it's the "good guys". Just the choice of faction colors affects someone's decision to enter this or that faction.

As for classes, I have a RG and Free Knights characters, with RGs being my "main" ones. On BGs, I see a lot of whippers and Defenders on both sides, though the general gear level of FKs is currently out of the roof. Have you ever seen a sentinel with over 4000 HP? (Over 5K when wearing his rare mech.) And Defenders with over 9000HP when riding mechs. Lately, the thing with tank classes has become such that RG strategy now is to stun and forget them, while trying to pick the medics and whoever is not super geared up, while trying to avoid the insane damage (usually one shots) from the Punishers and the constant cluster spam, coming, again, from having a lot more people, and a lot more people able to pour effort into the game.

Rennetta

Rank 0
Rennetta
PostedApr 28, 2013 11:08 am
Foxphoenix wrote:
The choice of RG players to prefer PvE over PvP could be a cause too. Not because of this game's pvp system, but maybe, because simply pure PvEers chose RG because of the lore.  

Erm.. that's with every MMORPG, really. People (like myself) actually want to know what's going on, WHY is there a war raging on between different factions. As of here, I didn't hit Cap level, yet... so I can't really understand why there is a NEED to go PVP, why my Arkana should go out there to claim some Arkana butt. So far? It just feels pointless.

Foxphoenix

Rank 0
PostedApr 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Erm.. that's with every MMORPG, really. People (like myself) actually want to know what's going on, WHY is there a war raging on between different factions. As of here, I didn't hit Cap level, yet... so I can't really understand why there is a NEED to go PVP, why my Arkana should go out there to claim some Arkana butt. So far? It just feels pointless.  

The lore in this game states that the common enemy (the Narak) is gone/dormant or whatever, and the current enemy is the other faction. Basically, we have entered a PvP lore game, like Aion, where your enemy isn't an ancient evil from a non playable faction, and where PvP is limited to battlegrounds between players of the same faction, like the case of Tera. In fact, the lore on this specific game could allow for there being a single world with everything PvP, maybe except the first few training levels. Again, because the lore of the game is focused on a faction vs faction story where both of those factions are playable.

Though I'm glad PvPvE is only limited to Caergate, or there simply wouldn't be any RG faction at all by now.

Xenosnake

Rank 1
Xenosnake
PostedApr 29, 2013 2:50 am
I just got hit by an idea.

When a player signed up for aren there should be an in arena rebalancing.

Before the arena starts the excess Free Knights players will get kicked. (based on how fast they signed up)

So the arena starts as balance as possible.

This is what they do in the past liveplex game.

-------------------------

And for the excess Free Knights players they will be ported into a special map where they kill special mobs which gives em exp and rank point similar to the normal arena battle.

So people would stop complaining about not being able to enter arena 80% of the time and not getting exp. <_<

TheWorld91

Rank 0
PostedApr 29, 2013 3:26 am
Elynosgirl wrote:
TheWorld91 wrote:
Foxphoenix wrote:

soo epic balance right?  

seems that you have a personal problem with the defenders and whippers on venus , i could name some Free Knights whippers who are ok at gameplay at 29 how come u say there are none when they are like killing 2/4 of the entire RG side? not to mention those have a enchant around 7 or above
If there are no more whippers or def joining for battle than the other side 2 classes don't even care if the rg side whipeprs/def can't enter battle because other ppl whine about the balance of classes of the faction than this game going to follow Dragona and what classes you want to join instead of them if there are not as many players on the rg side on venus , only medics ? or maybe we should chose our opponents in battle since we can't deal with every class *sarcasm powah*
the thread is about the number of active (playing) players and not inactive(fake chars etc) on each sides and not of the classes, you're missing the point here , read the thread starter post
Xenosnake wrote:
Okay Valk RGs are currently almost dead....

2 vs 15 on Janus

5 vs 22 Turnpike.

Some RGs already moved into Free Knights cause they always lose, or move to other server, cause they also always lose.

How about giving a low population faction a buff.

Valk RG should receive 50% increase on exp and drops, to encourage new player to join the faction.

Also Im a Valk Free Knights...  

yes i have personal problem with WH and DE, out of 100% death count cause in BG.
at least 85% of them are being killed by DE or WH

maybe you'r talking about other server or sth? cause at level 27-28 there isnt much WH n DE/ ME in BG.

Foxphoenix

Rank 0
PostedApr 29, 2013 9:56 pm

maybe you'r talking about other server or sth? cause at level 27-28 there isnt much WH n DE/ ME in BG.  

Yeah, while the thread title is a little misleading, the conversation seems to be focused on the Valk server. I am from Valk myself. In our case, both sides have a lot of tank classes, able to create walls of tanks up front. But much of the damage still comes from punishers, since there's also a lot of them. Again, in Valk server. Once you learn what a whipper and a defender are capable of, and when they have to pull back or play sitting duck when their cooldowns start, you won't have that much problem with them. Just learn to evade their attacks, strike whoever heals them, then take them down.

I have been to a few BGs lately, playing alongside some of the better RG players and I am seeing that Free Knights tank effectiveness has dropped, because, people have learned new tactics.

As for BG numbers, the system does try to level the playing field. I don't know why it sometimes gets it right (say, a 20vs21 fight) and sometimes it just derps hard(10 vs 18.). Maybe the lower the number the harder it derps.