offbeatsamurai

Rank 0
offbeatsamurai
PostedApr 27, 2013 6:32 pm
These posts are getting a serious case of tl;dr... but I think I mostly agree with these...

BladezOhFury wrote:
Mines bigger than yours, no mine is, NO MINE,NO MINE IS, NO MINE.....

That out of the way...

As a lvl 29 punisher who hasn't even tried a second class and pvps daily, I am pretty content with our range.

That being said I wouldn't complain about some extra range, but it IS NOT necessary for punishers range to increase to make them viable, they already are.  

soniti54 wrote:
punisher's range is really no better than any other ranged class despite those 2 lousy skills. Whether they need a buff or not, I think they probably will, but I'm not sure because they might get more competitive with an increased level cap... whenever that happens..  

I mostly use SW though, so I'm no expert.
Advertisement

tswericreed

Rank 0
tswericreed
PostedApr 28, 2013 10:40 am

Reset Skills

I simply see I have to reset skills to match a strong gunner. The reason I went punisher when I've played all class is based on my favorite space heroine from Metroid Series. That right, Samus. And Commander Shepherd from Mass Effect Series...(don't argue about the series ending.) I liked playing a gunner in PVE, but when it come BC (dungeon) I can't get through the dang first boss due to his attack are 500 to 600 hit points and the healing pots are only a few hundred.

Maybe someone else hasn't had trouble with him, but I am not able to get through BC which I need crimson stardust silver to get gun up to level 3, then I have 4-6 shard from BC runs. Team in BC is good, but the dice roll I don't get everything needed for other players (which I'm not complaining about.) or Kicked from a party made of Level 29 who are there for just farm items and want the bigger stuff so they run 10 to 20 minutes runs.

The truth is my punisher for Level 29 is weaker than other punisher, the SP is drained fast and sometime my computer is so slow that it freezes or non-responds (entirely not my fault.)

The point is because someone else can do it, not everyone can, it's called judging a person based on your or others experiences that make a person temper and angry. If you kick a person for being slow when the computer is slow or skill build is lousy, what do you do about it? It's rude to kick a party member off the team because they match you.

Elynosgirl

Rank 2
Elynosgirl
PostedApr 28, 2013 11:15 am

Re: Reset Skills

tswericreed wrote:
I simply see I have to reset skills to match a strong gunner. The reason I went punisher when I've played all class is based on my favorite space heroine from Metroid Series. That right, Samus. And Commander Shepherd from Mass Effect Series...(don't argue about the series ending.) I liked playing a gunner in PVE, but when it come BC (dungeon) I can't get through the dang first boss due to his attack are 500 to 600 hit points and the healing pots are only a few hundred.

Maybe someone else hasn't had trouble with him, but I am not able to get through BC which I need crimson stardust silver to get gun up to level 3, then I have 4-6 shard from BC runs. Team in BC is good, but the dice roll I don't get everything needed for other players (which I'm not complaining about.) or Kicked from a party made of Level 29 who are there for just farm items and want the bigger stuff so they run 10 to 20 minutes runs.

The truth is my punisher for Level 29 is weaker than other punisher, the SP is drained fast and sometime my computer is so slow that it freezes or non-responds (entirely not my fault.)

The point is because someone else can do it, not everyone can, it's called judging a person based on your or others experiences that make a person temper and angry. If you kick a person for being slow when the computer is slow or skill build is lousy, what do you do about it? It's rude to kick a party member off the team because they match you.  
that's entirely true but it's not a reason to revamp the skills

(✿◠‿◠)( ⌣́,⌣̀)(^◡^ )

royaloyalz

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
royaloyalz
PostedApr 29, 2013 12:16 am
Shocked

Well... That was an interesting read.

I came here to discuss a little about skill range too, so here goes.

Like someone has said, I don't think it is absolutely necessary for Punishers to get more range, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to get more range. Though, it still seems kinda balanced right now, and even in the Korean version, where their level cap is 44, it is still 20m I think.

Since I main a Punisher, obviously I would not mind something that will bring an advantage to my toon Laughing

I do agree that we can owned by BC bosses, especially Harbinger, at least for me. However, playing around with your mech, cybers, pots and ulti should yield some results. My friend did it before, on a Level 28 Punisher so it is possible. I failed though so I can't say much about it Very Happy

By the way, if I am not wrong, contribution points out to how much damage you have done in total, so having high kill to death counts only means that you are good at KSing, while in actual fact you did not do much to contribute to lowering the HP of your opponents, which makes it easier for everyone else to kill, thus scoring points.

IGN: MissyRestia MissyRinslet (PU), MissyFianna (ME) | Guild: WhiteDawn | Faction: Royal Guards | Server: Andromeda

Elynosgirl

Rank 2
Elynosgirl
PostedApr 29, 2013 4:11 am
royaloyalz wrote:
By the way, if I am not wrong, contribution points out to how much damage you have done in total, so having high kill to death counts only means that you are good at KSing, while in actual fact you did not do much to contribute to lowering the HP of your opponents, which makes it easier for everyone else to kill, thus scoring points.  

Not really , in battle there is a quest for every class and for punishers is to deal xxxxx damage and according to your statement i should've had more than the quest gives...
+a average max hp at -19 for a squishy target is around 600-1200 and i don't lose time hitting the tank just to get contribution...killing brings victory not contri so i only target easy kills in their back
And if i start attacking someone and someone else comes to help and does more damage than me and i still get the kill it counts
PUN's can have both damage and survivability how they are currently are and tried to show that to the QQ'ers but...BATMAN...

(✿◠‿◠)( ⌣́,⌣̀)(^◡^ )

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 29, 2013 4:33 am
My biggest concern with this idea, is it would create the only class not prone to Boss Aoes. At this time all classes are equally subjugated to boss aoes.

In pvp, I notice alot of Punishers run up to melee range in their mech. Is there actually a reason for that? They should stand at a distance, like sentinels and medics do. But I see so many just running in like a kamikaze.

Elynosgirl

Rank 2
Elynosgirl
PostedApr 29, 2013 4:39 am
Rekikyo wrote:
My biggest concern with this idea, is it would create the only class not prone to Boss Aoes. At this time all classes are equally subjugated to boss aoes.

In pvp, I notice alot of Punishers run up to melee range in their mech. Is there actually a reason for that? They should stand at a distance, like sentinels and medics do. But I see so many just running in like a kamikaze.  
in mech form there is a skill with 7 m range and stuns x numbers of players , if i remember it was 3 :P but it's a self defense skill and tbh most of the players base are face rolling on the keyboard while pvping also i don't see the meaning of hitting a tank which is it's duty to absorb the damage and protect the rear line or hitting a whipper when it's defensive buff is on , damage almost tickles then

(✿◠‿◠)( ⌣́,⌣̀)(^◡^ )

mjollnir77

Rank 3
mjollnir77
PostedApr 29, 2013 4:39 am
Rekikyo wrote:

I can answer to this ^^. In PU mech most valuable attacks are melee ranged (that's nonsense IMHO), so PU mechs can be easily countered by concentrated fire.

My little PU usually goes mech, rushes in, delivers the 2 aoe skill (usually do a couple of kills and deliver some DoT), then dies. Not a clever way to pvp, but kill number is pretty high (expecially in Janus).

Hellflame25

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedApr 29, 2013 6:37 am
Rekikyo wrote:

because our best mech skill is wildfire w/c is 7m aoe burn, so what we do is run into the crowd -> use wildfire -> use 2 aoes -> crybercluster -> suicide

BladezOhFury

Rank 0
PostedMay 01, 2013 1:38 am
soniti54 wrote:
Said some stuff  

Completely off topic so disregard - change your setting so you can "accept private messages" Very Happy