Total Votes :: 540 Votes

kilroy1231

Rank 3
kilroy1231
PostedApr 27, 2013 7:12 am
-1 :
spaznick wrote:
Dear Twelve Sky 2 Players,

We regretfully inform you that on May 28th, 2013, Aeria Games will be closing the Twelve Sky 2 servers permanently.

This was a difficult decision for us and has only been made after much deliberation. We would like to thank those who played Twelve Sky 2 and especially those who stuck with it through the more difficult times.

Again, we apologize for these unfortunate circumstances.

Server Shutdown: 05/28/2013 @ 5:00 PM PST
Forums Removed: 06/28/2013 @ 3:00 PM PST

AP Spender Compensation:

As a thank you to our customers we have decided to return 100% of the AP spent on Twelve Sky 2 to players within the final 30 days, starting from April 28th, 2013 until May 28th, 2013. However, because of the large nature of rebates, please allow up to 7-10 business days after May 28th, 2013.  

Forums for life.
Advertisement

MightySiQin

Rank 2
PostedApr 27, 2013 8:19 am
kilroy1231 wrote:
-1 :
spaznick wrote:
Dear Twelve Sky 2 Players,

We regretfully inform you that on May 28th, 2013, Aeria Games will be closing the Twelve Sky 2 servers permanently.

This was a difficult decision for us and has only been made after much deliberation. We would like to thank those who played Twelve Sky 2 and especially those who stuck with it through the more difficult times.

Again, we apologize for these unfortunate circumstances.

Server Shutdown: 05/28/2013 @ 5:00 PM PST
Forums Removed: 06/28/2013 @ 3:00 PM PST

AP Spender Compensation:

As a thank you to our customers we have decided to return 100% of the AP spent on Twelve Sky 2 to players within the final 30 days, starting from April 28th, 2013 until May 28th, 2013. However, because of the large nature of rebates, please allow up to 7-10 business days after May 28th, 2013.  

I don't know what to say...seriously that's f..freaking unfair.

cmstache

Rank 3
cmstache
PostedApr 27, 2013 8:39 am
Looks like it's time to splurge on AP stuffs, be OP for a month, then get your refund and do it in the next game.

PikaWaitWhat

Rank 1
PikaWaitWhat
PostedApr 27, 2013 8:41 am
cmstache wrote:
Looks like it's time to splurge on AP stuffs, be OP for a month, then get your refund and do it in the next game.  

-Or just don't buy AP at all until they actually start fixing stuff...

pervddl

GameSage: Aeria Mobile
pervddl
PostedApr 27, 2013 9:19 am

Not 5 because you took my GS tag off to apply scarlet founders >__<

blueskyboi91

Rank 5
blueskyboi91
PostedApr 27, 2013 9:24 am
voted 1 for bad service,,, wow this company fail big time it was so good when they start out as a small company now they grow big it start to go down hill >>>>>>> Very Happy

spacefire11

Rank 5.1
spacefire11
PostedApr 27, 2013 10:32 am
pervddl wrote:

Tell em u want it back=D?

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedApr 27, 2013 11:32 am
pervddl wrote:

Err, I still find it funny how the forum badges are the wrong size.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
PostedApr 27, 2013 11:36 am
First off, I truly don't believe anyone from Aeria actually reads any of this with the intent to actually make any changes to improves things from a customer point of view.

But I could always be wrong.

On the plus side:
In my 5 years of playing on Shaiya, I will have to say, based on my personal experience, that customer service and response times to my tickets have been dealt with quickly. Sometimes they have been a bit bizarre in why my accounts get locked from time to time, but they have usually responded within a day or so to my tickets.

For the first time since I have been playing this game, I actually got a reply from a GM for a question that I sent as a private message. The answer was no, but it was actually an answer, and the answer was in context to the question meaning he actually read my email.

But I had to give a 1 for my vote
The main reason is that the AP cost of playing Shaiya is just insane. From a customer's perspective, it looks like Shaiya is being slowly shut down by both Aeria and Nexon. Why does this perspective exist? GM and PM and becoming more rare in their comments. Checking this recent posting logs shows that most of them typically go weeks without a post, or a couple posts in a month. GS applications being canceled, GS's being reassigned to other games. This months EOM appears to be a completely forgotten event when compared to past months of efforts to entice us to spend money. It is usually a sad sign when there isn't much of a push to even make money. Canta was decimated with a patch at the same time the Premium EXP stones (and AP item) was introduced. Then Nexon in their latest quarterly report doesn't even want to talk about Shaiya being a money maker for them, or plans to improve the game. The recent merges were made under the pretense that the PvP would get better. It hasn't, and continues to get worse. EP6 hasn't improved the PvP experience.

Even if Nexon doesn't want to continue supporting the game, Shaiya could still be a thriving well populated game if the AP costs wasn't as insane as they are.

If Shaiya had 1 million people willing to play, and they charged $20 per month to play and only 80% of the people were willing to pay that, then they would make 16 million per month in fees. Now out of this original pool of people and they had instead of a monthly fee to play, but a tier system for $300 per month, then that would require 5.3% of the original million population. So 800,000 people verses 53,333 people in PvP. At $20 per month means there is a potential to have 15X as many people playing in PvP than at $300 per month. More people are likely to stay playing longer at $20 per month, then at $300 per month. So instead on contracting and merging servers, they game would be forced to expand the number of servers.

But this is Aeria's business model. A 15X player base also means more staff that Aeria has of hire, which increases their operational costs. Then if their staff gets too large, then they will be forced to have to pay for medical coverage for everyone. Which most people have absolutely no idea what companies pay for medical insurance for their employees. So Aeria probably wants to keep their staff below the mandatory head count of requiring medical coverage for their employees. So to keep the work load reasonable for the staff, they have to contract the size of the overall player base. Thus based on computer models of what people would be willing to pay on average on a per person basis per population level, they price things where they are. And thus, AP costs are just insane. I would love to be uber, but I am not related to Bill Gates

Dindeen

Rank 0
Dindeen
PostedApr 27, 2013 1:10 pm
Pretty average for Scarlet Blade. If there were decimals, I'd put 2.5 which is a little below average.

I've seen worse, much worse.