yumrii

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Is windows 8 supported

just as the subject says is windows 8 supported? Also this question would have fallen under technical support forum but there isn't one yet and when I downloaded it it took like 28 minutes which is super fast but didn't include anything which I would expect to see for support files of a game and when I install it the aeria launcher doesn't recognize that Scarlet Blade is already installed. And has me download it again which then only takes like a second then the install process the same thing as it is already installed also but still doesn't play.
Am I missing something to play the game as I meet all the recommended requirements on http://www.aeriagames.com/wiki/index.php?title=System_Requirements&game=scarletblade though I have windows 8 which isn't on the list of supported OSes even though I have played other aeria games which do not officially support windows 8 and run anyways Scarlet Blade seems not to run.
Please help me get this game to run.
Advertisement

Ichiban012

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2013 10:24 pm
Probably because the closed beta testing finished today. Sorry, I guess you'll just have to wait for OBT whenever that comes out.

As for it being windows 8 supported, if it isn't there is always running the game in compatibility mode.

TStarKnight

Rank 1
TStarKnight
PostedMar 26, 2013 10:27 pm
yes windows 8 is supported

kotaku23

Rank 5
kotaku23
PostedMar 26, 2013 10:31 pm
I use Windows 8 and it runs perfectly fine.

shoma23

Rank 0
PostedApr 27, 2013 2:30 am

scarlet blade on windows 8

Hi Guys

I just want to know if how to make scarlet blade run on windows 8 because when i open scarlet blade all i see is a white blank login box i cant login, i checked some info on why is this happening but none of those seems to work.

Please help me..thanks

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedApr 27, 2013 2:41 am

Re: scarlet blade on windows 8

shoma23 wrote:
Hi Guys

I just want to know if how to make scarlet blade run on windows 8 because when i open scarlet blade all i see is a white blank login box i cant login, i checked some info on why is this happening but none of those seems to work.

Please help me..thanks  

Make sure to let SB through your firewall/antivirus as well as clearing the cache and cookies in Internet Explorer. Also make sure Adobe Flash Player, DirectX 9, and your graphics cards drivers are up to date as well.

If more issues persist, please see this thread: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1918599

| [GS]Sylus - Valkyrie - Free Knights | Post your Valkyrie event ideas! |

shoma23

Rank 0
PostedApr 27, 2013 2:47 am

ccsultima wrote:
shoma23 wrote:
Hi Guys

Please help me..thanks  

Make sure to let SB through your firewall/antivirus as well as clearing the cache and cookies in Internet Explorer. Also make sure Adobe Flash Player, DirectX 9, and your graphics cards drivers are up to date as well.

If more issues persist, please see this thread: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1918599  

Sir

I have a Internet Explorer 10 which has a built in shockwave flash 11 and thats the latest one and there is no way i can uninstall it because it was built in on IE 10 and i cant also downgrade the IE 10 to IE 9 which uses "Flash Player" which i think is the one neede for the white screen to disappear also i did already allowed SB through my AV and FW every thing i already did but none seems to work. Im looking for other options you think re installing might help?

Sine_Amore

Rank 3
Sine_Amore
PostedApr 27, 2013 6:50 am

shoma23 wrote:
Sir

I have a Internet Explorer 10 which has a built in shockwave flash 11 and thats the latest one and there is no way i can uninstall it because it was built in on IE 10 and i cant also downgrade the IE 10 to IE 9 which uses "Flash Player" which i think is the one neede for the white screen to disappear also i did already allowed SB through my AV and FW every thing i already did but none seems to work. Im looking for other options you think re installing might help?  

When was the last time that you did Windows Updates? Sometimes, running these updates through will clear it up--as they will update your IE which is used to log in to the client. This fixed my 'white screen' issue when I was trying to play DKO and I have not had any issues since then.

Even if you have DirectX11, you need DirectX9, as stated here and how to resolve this issue--without downgrading your DirectX:

Missing d3dx9_43.dll
If you are missing this file you need to install Directx 9.0c even if you have Directx 11 installed you need the directx 9.0c files as well. They can be downloaded from Microsoft's DirectX Web Installer or try the DirectX end-user redistributable if the web installer fails you.  

If this does not help, you could also try running the game in Compatibility Mode for Windows 7--though my client runs just fine on 8 without it.

BladezOhFury

Rank 0
PostedApr 27, 2013 8:24 am

Sine_Amore wrote:

If this does not help, you could also try running the game in Compatibility Mode for Windows 7--though my client runs just fine on 8 without it.[/color][/size]  

I would suggest this, I had the exact same white screen problem, I had to try ALL the compatibilities until I found "Windows XP Service Package 3" fixed my problem and now It works great on my win 8 laptop.

GL

lorddarthmel

Rank 4
lorddarthmel
PostedApr 27, 2013 8:53 am
Laptops are really picky when it comes to hardware drivers. As with many situations like this:

the best you can do:
-update your video card drivers
-update DirectX9C. the latest versions of DX9C have this d3dx9_43.dll library within them.
-Have the least programs running alongside SB

What you don't have to do:
-Mix 32 and 64 BITS drivers with Windows 32 or 64 bit version. for obvious reasons.
-Run the program in virtual environments. (virtualbox, etc...) as this degrades performance.

Other than that, technically speaking, it should be fine. Compatibility mode is just another way to run the program. The diference comes from the libraries that will be loaded in first place. Win8 shouldn't present a problem if you have your hardware drivers correctly updated.

And personally, i would "downgrade" to Windows 7, i don't like 8 Very Happy