KITEl.SS

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
KITEl.SS
PostedApr 26, 2013 7:06 pm
Gamestopperz wrote:

Question For GMs:

Who sets the prices for bonus ladders and Item Shop? Aeria or Developers?  

They are not going to tell us that, best to guess aeria does it because QueenBlade prices are most reasonable if you visited their shop.
Advertisement

rosewushu

Rank 1
rosewushu
PostedApr 26, 2013 7:39 pm
Aeria probably has to wait for the developers to give them the content. I also doubt Aeria has the ability to rush the content (aside from out of pocket). Also I think another safe assumption is Aeria will probably not do much with the item mall until sales die down for some time. This is to not upset people who have payed them $100-$1000+ for the item mall. We have to remember Aeria can't just listen to the community without taking everyone, or at least the mass majority in mind. Just because 1000 people are upset about this doesn't mean another 1000 might be upset you made the change for the first 1000. Also not even forum poles wouldnt help much because that would only be the opinion of the people on the forums, not the entire player base.

MissChief

Rank 5
MissChief
PostedApr 26, 2013 7:52 pm
As with ALL Age games, especially a popular one like this, they will cash in on early ap buyers trying to get ahead, game improvements will be done but at a rate AGe can reap the most from AP nuff said, game is very playable and appealing, will be here for a while yet unlike DK online that was unplayable due to frame rates, SB I predict will be one of Age's best games as far as profit goes...

regards

Terry

<a></a>

verdohan

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
verdohan
PostedApr 26, 2013 8:17 pm
KITEl.SS wrote:
Gamestopperz wrote:

Question For GMs:

Who sets the prices for bonus ladders and Item Shop? Aeria or Developers?  

They are not going to tell us that, best to guess aeria does it because QueenBlade prices are most reasonable if you visited their shop.  

Aeria sets ALL prices for ALL item shop items.... that is a fact... AND specifically the (PM)s set prices and produce the promotions. I would bet good money you can thank (PM)tactics for the prices in the item mall.

cidnemo

Rank 0
cidnemo
PostedApr 26, 2013 9:10 pm
GMStingRay wrote:
First off, thanks for writing all of this out. It shows how passionate you are for the game. Some of the points you bring up are pretty interesting however Scarlet Blade, I feel is still building steam. So it is a bit early to begin predicting the future.

As far as spammer/botters go we do put a lot of effort into getting rid of these issues and you can help us by filling out this form! This information will help us even when the GM staff is not available to be in game to monitor this type of activity.  

I stopped reading at this post..

Steam, really?

Isn't that even worse than being coal-powered? You're that slow on the uptake?...That's worrisome to me!

The game is good and all, but gold is questionably inflating, there was 8-13 spambots right outside the first area of Enocia, RG, Valkyrie, and where are you guys? D:

katsuxkimi

Rank 0
katsuxkimi
PostedApr 26, 2013 10:38 pm
if the gold spammers // bots didn't disappear and the market didn't stabilized for a year... its time to move to another MMO.

Stellanego

Rank 0
PostedApr 26, 2013 10:49 pm
lorddarthmel wrote:
With regard to the costumes there is always an option that isn't that annoying to me. Random colors, you don't get the color you want? buy items to dye them.  

You see that in Perfect World International, which is a free-2-play game similar to this one that has lasted many years and may still be going. I think Scarlet Blade could last long if they based it off PWI. PWI though had five races with two classes each though, which gives it lots of variability in story lines. I think it started out with only two races though, but then expanded a lot. It also incorporates a crafting system that encourages farming or the creation of an informal economy with in the game (on top of the auction houses). Most of the largest city in the game is unnavigable since it's so clogged with people selling item mall items (costumes, dyes, mounts, and crafting materials [which can be bought in bulk in the item mall as well as farmed]) and some high level equipment. I've seen this in other games as well, even those that are divided up into factions and separate areas for each (9 Dragons). Please note that these are NOT bots that are selling stuff. They are "player owned shops" that can be set up any where and don't clog up the chat channel. These shops can display items that they want to buy and the price they're willing to buy at.

The thing that all these aspects have in common is that they're part of A NON-COMBAT CENTERED CULTURE in the game. This is always fostered by both players and developers/GMs/GSs. I know that the players have already begun their part of this. The other day on Valkyrie Free Knight side players organized a bike race on the course beneath Bitterstone. If these could be turned into actual events (similar to the battlefields) that are moderated, perhaps categorized by bike speed, and even reward winners with prizes (perhaps bike related items or enhancement stones) they can become a fun minigame. Another minigame that can sprout off this is by offering a viewing of the races (and battlefields for that matter) and allowing bets to be placed.

If it's true that a P2W environment is what drives people away from a game, then all you have to do is push the focus of the game away from PVP. Simple as that. F2P games survive by actually encouraging friendly interaction between (multiple) factions/races and the creation of new characters as PWI has done. You'll also find in such games that PVPing isn't extinguished, but merely pushed to the side.

To sum it up: the whole PVP focus is great and all, but if it leads to a P2W environment then it needs to become a secondary focus for the game. This can be done by creating enticing story lines, regular non-combat player competitions, and PVE events and allowing an informal economy between the factions.

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedApr 26, 2013 11:58 pm
Free to play is always pay to win, whether it is to win against AI or to win against other human players. The earlier you adopt that mentality, the easier it is for you to accept it and decide whether to continue struggling for the game you love or not.

AGE don't care about players being upset spending $1000 for nothing. Just take a look at other long established games in here. If they have nothing new to sell, they just remove content in future patches designed to be available in game to sell for AP. And viola no need for developers to make new content to sell.

Developer is happy due to less pressure for content, publisher is happy because they can appear as 'helping' players obtain items, spending players ignorant about the game are happy because they get the items.

Win-win-win.

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedApr 27, 2013 3:59 am
Stellanego wrote:
If it's true that a P2W environment is what drives people away from a game, then all you have to do is push the focus of the game away from PVP. Simple as that. F2P games survive by actually encouraging friendly interaction between (multiple) factions/races and the creation of new characters as PWI has done. You'll also find in such games that PVPing isn't extinguished, but merely pushed to the side.  

What drives people away is usually "barriers". If a costume is too expensive, if becoming the best PvP player is too expensive, if your enchanting repeatedly fails so you never get to the last enchantment tier, if level caps aren't raised often enough so they can continue to level up, if the drop rate of some item is too low so they never get their hands on it.

Funny enough MMO companies usually seem to ignore these things until they realize their game is dying from everyone leaving. At which stage they try and make things easier.

revan777

Rank 1
revan777
PostedApr 27, 2013 4:30 am
One of the things I've always disliked is the "you must be maxed to win" model. I love most of these games when they are new and don't have much content and there is no item mall or at least a balanced item mall. Everybody is pretty much on the same level and it makes things more enjoyable. But then you reach a point where everyone is just playing to be the best and it really isn't that fun. Those players make it a living nightmare for casual players to the point where we can't even play. As a casual player you can't afford anything and in PvP you don't stand a chance. Aeria needs to really work on finding a balance between casual players and hardcore gamers. They used to have that balance back in the day but with growth came changes that weren't necessarily for the better.