jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedApr 24, 2013 9:41 am

Number 1 browser game

Just a bit of curiosity/warning i wanted to share. As i'm seeing, Wartune is being advertised now as the number 1 browser game on AGE, meaning the great ddtank seems to have lost that position since i was under the impression he was the number 1 followed closely by Golden Age. Is this somewhat accurate would you say?

Wartune has a lot of potential, and if cared correctly it can be a great game, even bigger than ddtank was on his prime, but be extra carefull on doing it. R2games has a thing for releasing new servers like everyday or every week, which i can't honestly understand because week in week out theres a merge of servers in need of new players, this sort of process is what lead me to quit ddtank, whenever a server was getting too empty, it would merge with another, and a new server would open up and this would go on and on and on. Eventually you gotta understand players are just not gonna care about the game, they don't wanna join a server and fight to be number 1, to have the number one guild, get powerfull, to then get merged with a older server and get pushed back.

This is just something i wanted to share to whoever wants to listen. Please don't do this to wartune, you have a good thing going on, don't mess it up please. Don't start merging stuff and adding new servers without any reason other than profit, eventually this will lead to players leaving and unhappy costumers.

I look forward to comming back to Wartune soon, the only reason i left was the schedule in game was messing with my rl schedule, guild wars at 3am was not easy to handle. So i'm looking forward for a new server with an european friendly time.

Advertisement

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedApr 24, 2013 10:21 am

Re: Number 1 browser game

jotasnake wrote:
Just a bit of curiosity/warning i wanted to share. As i'm seeing, Wartune is being advertised now as the number 1 browser game on AGE, meaning the great ddtank seems to have lost that position since i was under the impression he was the number 1 followed closely by Golden Age. Is this somewhat accurate would you say?

Wartune has a lot of potential, and if cared correctly it can be a great game, even bigger than ddtank was on his prime, but be extra carefull on doing it. R2games has a thing for releasing new servers like everyday or every week, which i can't honestly understand because week in week out theres a merge of servers in need of new players, this sort of process is what lead me to quit ddtank, whenever a server was getting too empty, it would merge with another, and a new server would open up and this would go on and on and on. Eventually you gotta understand players are just not gonna care about the game, they don't wanna join a server and fight to be number 1, to have the number one guild, get powerfull, to then get merged with a older server and get pushed back.

This is just something i wanted to share to whoever wants to listen. Please don't do this to wartune, you have a good thing going on, don't mess it up please. Don't start merging stuff and adding new servers without any reason other than profit, eventually this will lead to players leaving and unhappy costumers.

I look forward to comming back to Wartune soon, the only reason i left was the schedule in game was messing with my rl schedule, guild wars at 3am was not easy to handle. So i'm looking forward for a new server with an european friendly time.  

Gotta agree with this, the thing that sets Aeria apart from other publishers in my opinion is that it doesn't rush to open multi-servers just for the sake of having many servers, and several first-spend events going at once. Because of this Aeria is able to provide a better service and take note of what the players want or need (granted it cannot always act on those wants and needs but that is the nature of a player - publisher - developer relationship). Really hope Aeria keeps this in mind with it's strategy for the game going forward.

I think i read that Mazinger said an EU-friendly server was being considered for the next new server, hopefully we get it so that the game is accessible for more people.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedApr 26, 2013 1:22 am
What you're talking about happened with CoG. Probably other Aeria games too but that's the one I can speak to. I dislike the idea of server merges too, for the reasons you pointed out. That one went surprisingly well. I will say that many guilds were lost in the merger, as it became that situation where the larger (usually older) and more established guilds with older, more powerful players gobbled up some of the smaller guilds. Overall it didn't affect the gameplay there *too* much, but it definitely did see many guilds feel like a merger was their only option to stay competitive.

Now all that said, I worry about Wartune. I worry about the overall longevity of the game as server 1 has seen people leave at what I'd describe as a concerning rate. It's natural that all games see that fluctuation, this one seems a bit on the quick side though. There's a new event for recharging balens, seems like these are becoming weekly, and someone just said to me "Another one of these.." and that unfortunately is a sentiment I've heard many times now. I'm with you in that I don't want to see us go down a road where people quit because they feel like the only motivation is to get them to spend balens, and then server merges are a "quick fix" to the dissipating populations. I hope this game takes a course that promotes longevity and long term players. I hate getting into these things and losing so many friends in such a way.

nubadubadub

Rank 0
PostedApr 26, 2013 9:49 am
If wartune is the #1 game on Aeria then my advice is to sell any Aeria stocks you have asap
Server 1 is already pretty much dead

tiffany23

Rank 3
tiffany23
PostedApr 26, 2013 2:24 pm
What o.O server 1 is still really full. I play on it don't seem very dead to me. Just IMO.

KittyKitty