fialkowski77

Rank 0
PostedApr 24, 2013 10:47 am

Shadow dance vs T4 for pve

Ive seen a lot of people say shadow dance isn't worth it as u need 5pts in crippled but I just don't see it. The ability you get in t4 had a much longer cd and does less damage and if you do that you have no aggro dump which considering our burst feel might be needed. Also crippled is a really short cd whereas the first t4 ability is fairly lengthy for not that great of a damage increase resulting in an overall loss in damage. Yes you have less points going for shadow dance but to spend on what? From what I can tell all you gain are t5 abilities which at 29 don't seem useful at all or passages which u only need 1 point for anyway

Can anyone give specific reasons as to why t3 isn't worth it? From what I see more damage and aggro dump without losing much
Advertisement

fialkowski77

Rank 0
PostedApr 24, 2013 11:35 am
or even why not take both such as http://reyva.com/resources/scarlet-blade-skill-simulator.4/#bfjTrmihumen330rk45RXnjwwCxN7AiA? Going shadow dance you only have 4 pts left which either have to go into passives, higher crippler rank, or some other basic ability such as double blow as you can't get to eagle eye with only 4 points(or remove the 1 passive point into health and go eagle eye). Any thoughts on this?

TehCait

Rank 1
PostedApr 24, 2013 12:26 pm
The 3rd line skills are mostly worthless in PvP. For PvE you can take it if you want, BUT you can maintain like 90% skill uptime in PvE with just the 1st line skills and Crippler (hence why I take 1 point in that skill). In the rare periods all 5 of these skills are on cooldown, you bridge the gap with 1 AoE (or wait 1 second).

The 6 point investment to get just the first point in Shadow Dance is pretty big. I, myself, would rather boost the 1st line skills as those are the main source of PvE AND PvP damage.

fialkowski77

Rank 0
PostedApr 24, 2013 12:41 pm
With the exception of double slash everything in the first line is capped and increasing anything available in the 2nd line isn't very helpful

TehCait

Rank 1
PostedApr 24, 2013 12:51 pm
In that build you linked in your second post, you've put no points into the 5th line buffs and you're missing both Flare and Skyjump, 2 vital PvP skills. With Eagle Eye's first level only accessible at the current level cap, sure, you can forgo it for now. However, you'll be gimping yourself in PvP if you don't take at least Flare.

yan_yan031210

Rank 0
yan_yan031210
PostedApr 25, 2013 7:53 pm
I'm disagree in all person saying that the third line is not worth in pvp.

I just want to share my damage using the Shadow Dance.
Shadow dance deal twice damage with chakra atack. its like normal+normal/chakra+chakra.

If you used eagles Eye then you max up he Shadow thance the critical damage of this skill is
1200+1200/800+800 for mobs
750+750/500+500 for PVP

in my combo rotation i always use this and its verry effective.

the Crippler is just an additional damage to rotation.

All SW skill is usefull theres no trashed skill except the passive SP passive invi passive acc

kindly check this link
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1970597

TehCait

Rank 1
PostedApr 25, 2013 8:14 pm
There's no way Shadow Dance hits that hard. That's how much I crit for with level 4 Shadow Strike. Can't log in because of maintenance to check the listed damage values, unfortunately. Even if it does hit half as hard as you say, you're still sinking 5 points into Crippler. If Crippler was a 2 point, maybe even 3 point prereq for Shadow Dance, maybe my opinion would change.

yan_yan031210

Rank 0
yan_yan031210
PostedApr 25, 2013 8:20 pm
TehCait wrote:
There's no way Shadow Dance hits that hard. That's how much I crit for with level 4 Shadow Strike. Can't log in because of maintenance to check the listed damage values, unfortunately. Even if it does hit half as hard as you say, you're still sinking 5 points into Crippler. If Crippler was a 2 point, maybe even 3 point prereq for Shadow Dance, maybe my opinion would change.  

in my case i dealt that damage during pve/pve i dont know if its depend on the enemies armor defense and void.

but im just sharing what i've been experienced during battle.

if i have some screenshot ill just post it in here