TakaraTaji

Rank 0
TakaraTaji
PostedApr 23, 2013 7:20 pm

chat window on the right

I was wondering how you got to display different chats in each of the chat windows. I know how to get the second chat window on the right side of the screen but I can't figure out how to display different chats. I'd like to have all combat chats and whatnot in the right, but keep guild/party chat and such on the left without being littered with the combat chats. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for any help.
Advertisement

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedApr 23, 2013 7:26 pm
It's simple. You just edit the initial tab filter, then display it on the right.

Example: I have a tab edited for Guild, Party, and Whispers. This tab is desplayed on the right. I keep everything else on the left.

Just note that you have to edit a tab on your initial chat box for this to work.

TakaraTaji

Rank 0
TakaraTaji
PostedApr 23, 2013 7:29 pm
minuzaki wrote:
It's simple. You just edit the initial tab filter, then display it on the right.

Example: I have a tab edited for Guild, Party, and Whispers. This tab is desplayed on the right. I keep everything else on the left.

Just note that you have to edit a tab on your initial chat box for this to work.  

I did that but it still displays the combat chats in the right too

sIink

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
sIink
PostedApr 23, 2013 7:30 pm
TakaraTaji wrote:
minuzaki wrote:

There is a way to do what you mean. I love this, it organizes chats so nice! Beneath your chat window, where you will see the "World" tab if you hover your mouse there, right-click and you will find "Edit Chat filters."

You could, for instance, do that same thing on the Party tab, and check only boxes for Yell, LFP and Trade, and then choose "display on right," and then those chats that you've selected in Party will appear on the right.

Then edit your other chat filters (the ones that remain on the left) however you wish.

Let me know if this is confusing, and i can elaborate with pretty screenshots :3

Zetsunai

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
Zetsunai
PostedApr 23, 2013 7:33 pm
TakaraTaji wrote:
minuzaki wrote:

You have to actually click one of the little tabs and then click "Displayed in the channel on the right" to change it.
So if you want the Party chats on the right, first click the party tab then click "Displayed..." and you should see your party chats on the right

Saladitos

Rank 0
Saladitos
PostedApr 23, 2013 7:33 pm
Pretty easy. All you have to do is click on any of the tabs

Right click the tab chats to get these options

Click the Edit Message Filters and this screen will pop out

And edit the filters. Also don't forget that you can change the the tab names.
Once that happens you can leave the World/Guild chat on the left and make the combat information to the right side. Name it battle and right click the tab and display on the right.
[EDIT]Seems like I was beat while putting the pics on. Oh well. This can help since pics do help *_*

TakaraTaji

Rank 0
TakaraTaji
PostedApr 23, 2013 7:40 pm
Great thanks guys! I got it figured out with a combination of all your advice haha.

KinTharEl

Rank 2
KinTharEl
PostedApr 24, 2013 1:14 am
That's our GSes for ya, helpful as always. (feels left out) xD

Coming Soon.