Y0ndaime

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2013 3:59 am

Evasion Vs Void

Hello fellow Shadow Walkers,

I am facing a little issue and that is decision between evasion and void, what do you think it is better for us?

I personally think it is Evasion, becouse we are allready very squishy so reducing damage taken by few % wont save as as much as evading the attack completely.
Advertisement

Xpade21

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2013 1:25 am
Evasion for SW
Void for defender

Evasion for me

Retrostrain

Rank 0
PostedApr 02, 2013 8:26 am
I personally went for Evasion. Swalker's glass cannon, a Hit & Run lurker, IMHO there's no point in going for reductive effects, since SW won't be engaged in combat for long perioids anyways.

Sesshomaru1984

Rank 0
PostedApr 04, 2013 4:01 am

Evasion VS Void

I personally went with Void. Evasion is great and all but once I encounter someone with Acc gear I notice I get hit most of the time despite having evasion

ShogunKaneka

Rank 0
ShogunKaneka
PostedApr 04, 2013 4:56 am
Shadow Walkers have powerful yet short buffs for Eva and none for Void.

Having both stats may seem nice, but I fear that mixing Eva and Void will end being less effective than a focused build, so between the two I would go for Eva, because of the buffs.

Void will grow more and more interesting as attacks will be more and more powerful, but again SW has no natural 'affinity' for Void.

My 2 cents.

Return to the Future

alwaqfi

Rank 0
alwaqfi
PostedApr 19, 2013 6:16 am

Re: Evasion VS Void

Sesshomaru1984 wrote:
I personally went with Void. Evasion is great and all but once I encounter someone with Acc gear I notice I get hit most of the time despite having evasion  

I think I agree you on this, Even tho i went wtih Eva since I saw that Eva for SW.
But, As @Sesshomaru stated "but once I encounter someone with Acc gear", Eva will be pointless and will 100% get hit. Maybe Eva work better with Mobs but not vs Players.

For Example, SW Wep we are looking for Crit and Has Acc or CH-Acc. What Max Eva you might have if all of your gear have Eva? I dont think it will be enough to Evade any of the attacks(My Acc: 110.xx% and CH-Acc: 100.xx%).

Maybe it will be become better on later updates like when cap become lvl 44.

Regards,

Slayhew

Rank 0
PostedApr 22, 2013 11:58 am
The thing with EVA is RNG. Even if you had 90% chance to evade attacks against everything you still might take 3 blows in a row if you get unlucky. But this also has its positive side which is the ability to sometimes achieve the impossible. Meaning going 1v3 and getting 1 or 2 kills due to massive evasion through gear+buffs. Our evasion buffs are great, especially if combined. The only thing thats bad is that you have to get two kinds of eva. For physical and Chakra based attacks.

tl;dr if you want to know exactly how much damage you mitigate, go for VOID. If you like rng and the possibilities it brings with it, go with EVA.

Aldryjj

Rank 0
PostedMay 20, 2013 5:55 pm
In my part VOID use, and I do well I need to look for a good combo for Sentinels: S, since I have all my set with void I'll leave it like that, the next set will use EVA

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedMay 22, 2013 11:54 pm
ShogunKaneka wrote:
Shadow Walkers have powerful yet short buffs for Eva and none for Void.

Having both stats may seem nice, but I fear that mixing Eva and Void will end being less effective than a focused build, so between the two I would go for Eva, because of the buffs.

Void will grow more and more interesting as attacks will be more and more powerful, but again SW has no natural 'affinity' for Void.

My 2 cents.  

It's really difficult to find checks and balances in the way the gear was designed.

For example, Having EVA on Leg Guards doesn't prevent you from also having VOID. It does take away around 99 HP.

Shoes Obviously Favor EVA, but let you decide between HP and VOID.

Tops Favor Void, But Allow for EVA or SP (most choose EVA).

Helmets Favor VOID, but allow for the highest bonus to CH-EVA as well. This is probably the only situation where you have to CHOOSE, with the exception of accessories.

Just choose to have both on most of your gear, and focus your accessories towards the one you prefer to have.

cmrmonday

Rank 0
cmrmonday
PostedMay 23, 2013 6:03 am
I'm rocking a void/def/hp build with a skill combo and line up that most don't agree with. I not only hold my own but I'm able to stay in the fight grab a few extra kills and stealth away in normal Shadow Walker fashion. Also if I have one of my guild healers I just stand in until the fight is done.

~ShadowsFaŁŁ