terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:36 am
Well, that -is- precisely the point of my Varcosta character, and seeing as Janus / Turnpike basecamp troops all hold assault rifles, it's safe to think that (like my much earlier idea and the training regime idea) all Arkana had to have familiarize themselves with firearms and their effects on others and themselves before being put to the field.

A world where there will be no males and females, Sexism and double standards will be history.
Advertisement

gryffon011

Rank 0
gryffon011
PostedApr 08, 2013 5:47 am
The Arkana weapons and mechs can be assumed to be created in the Ark's weapons manufactory, mentioned in the backstory. But we have Genesis Corp running around who knows how much of the world. So they could have repaired the old smith & wesson or colt or glock or any number of other old gun factories and gotten to work on producing an arsenal for the neo-human army. If of course they haven't been floating around this whole time as some quest text seems to indicate.

As to the Arkana's strength... going from back story to game play is a bit like http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CutscenePowerToTheMax . If there were cutscenes, Arkana would probably be more badass, but for gameplay purposes that would make the game either not very fun, or impossible for neo-humans to survive.

Edited to fix typos... teach me to submit without proofreading a post I wrote while half asleep... le sigh.

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedApr 10, 2013 7:58 am
To all you badass babes following this thread, the official story thread was created.

Clicky here if you haven't read that already.

Feedback can come either here or go that thread. ^_^

A world where there will be no males and females, Sexism and double standards will be history.

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedApr 17, 2013 7:07 am   Last edited by terrie_herm on Apr 24, 2013 5:36 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Weaponry

Had fun reading the story's two origin chapters? I hope you do. Before I can brace the story's main content itself, be painfully aware that I lack these things: the canon direction of this game's plot, the Free Knights and Royal Guards' extended plot, and more stages in the game for reference.

However, that aside I have decided to put my share of in-story weaponry which you might drool over~

Terrivia's weapon: Marblestream
Appearance: Hilt is 8 inches in length, made of alloy and nylon, encasing both the steel core and 4 Chakronic wires leading to the sword body's inlaid Chakra-amplifying materials. Pommel is a flat rectangular shape while the blade itself is 6 inches wide in total. The whole blade is black in color (with marble-like markings) but the cutting edges were smoothed to a sheen, with neon colored reflection due to Stardust finishing touches. The body of the blade has 3 embossed straight lines on both sides, lending to the sword's durability. The end of the sword is a basic triangular shape, with the pointing tip measuring up to 45 degrees. Minus the hilt, the total length of the sword is 5 feet (excluding hilt).

Description: Terrivia's first weapon, custom made by Vera's team as a present from Druba after surviving the one-year-training from Hard. The raw metal of the sword was made of poorly understood experimental 'Narak Formation' process, in which raw magma was harvested from below the Ark's munitions sector and forcefully compacted, chill treated and repeatedly heated and thawed into a basic blank. The blank was then refurbished almost entirely with state of the art enhancements to ensure both normal and Chakra enhanced uses can meet twice the standards of average Arkana weaponry performance.

---

Double duty grenade: HERP Grenade
Appearance: 6 inches long green canister, 1 and half inch wide with visible orange core. Trigger pin is located around the middle of the core, while one end of the grenade body is larger than the other to make the centrifugal force help the throwing distance.

Description: Employed by both Royal Guards and Free Knights human forces and Punisher Arkana, the name of the grenade is an acronym for Highly Explosive Red Phosphorous. Using the igniting chemicals to spark both the smoking reaction and the explosion mechanism, this grenade pushed the anonymous manufacturer to a position where its business opportunites can rival those of Genesis Corporation. The green parts of the grenade are fragmentation materials, therefore dealing shrapnel damage for a given blast radius. The explosion causes the smoke to disperse wide and thick, making the grenade ideal for indoor ops.

In times where humans' fighting abilities are far inferior to those of Arkana, this is one of the means for them to get even. This type of grenade had been, for better and worse, proven effective in many situations, and its reliability is second to only the Arkana-only Cybercluster Grenades.

---

Portable launching platform: PL-12

Appearance: 34 inches long launch tube with 2 pistol grips and a bell shaped exhaust port at the rear. The body of the tube is encased with wood like RPG-7. Nowadays, wooden chip replacements are used to replicate the material.

Description: After Russia had fallen like the rest of the world due to the Narak invasion, someone managed to preserve the spirit behind RPG-7, and made a spiritual successor model now known widely as PL-12, meant to avoid copyright backlashes when the first idea was RPG-12. What made the original RPG-7 successful was its versatility and overall performance which eclipsed its single-use-only counterparts, which costed more materials and production costs even though the performance was another issue. PL-12 maintained the versatility and ability to reload, while offering compatibility to launch the manufacturer-produced missiles.

The launch tube of PL-12 can launch rockets as is, but that's not the only option. With just a little extra penny, the launch tube can be fitted with firing control systems that can wirelessly control the trajectory and point of impact of missiles. The manufacturer's rockets and missiles all have the uniform protuding rocket motor, therefore the rate of fire is much more astounding with considerably fearsome accuracy on top. Other third and fourth party missile manufacturers took the cue and developed their own missiles to fit the PL-12 launch tube, which continues to see service in the Free Knights and Royal Guards war. It also remains till this day a weapon system all Arkana come to dread. HOWEVER, if the missiles happen to be aimed AT them instead of near them, their reaction times might enable them to just grab the missiles and break the missile in half, or shoot the missiles before they explode.

---

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 17, 2013 9:30 am
Wow Cassie...
Your really, and I mean really above me when it comes to describing things >.<
And it's quite frustrating...
Though well it just shows how inexperienced and bad I am TT_TT

Anyways nice weaponry, great description as always~

Huntersteel85

Rank 0
Huntersteel85
PostedApr 17, 2013 2:32 pm
I love you all.

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 17, 2013 3:12 pm
Ahaha XD
Thanks I guess :3

Though well I haven't even yet to post a story....
But well in the middle of making one at the moment~

Me: Lazy, perverted, talkative, got lots of interests, otaku.... That more or less sums me up XD.

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedApr 21, 2013 6:00 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89dRC8aPtJk

Seriously, WHAT THE F**K IS THIS!! What in the bloodly, flying F**K is this!

My worldbuilding of this game went so well until THIS sh*t came up. What am I gonna do about this? In my rule of fanfic writing, there are some rules I hate to make exceptions for. One of them being 'Do not tamper with the original source's given choice of arsenal'.

But THIS! This male bull***t I cannot tolerate! Where is a GM when I need one? I took the survey and I begged them NOT TO DO THIS!

However, since it's only the Korea side, there's still the global counterpart. I'd like a nice long talk with Aeria Games writers please. I can make everything better for everyone. Please, with cherry on top?

WHY DO YOU THINK WE PLAYED THIS GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE??

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 21, 2013 6:51 am
OMG O_O dafaq!

Lolz I knew about the chaser class but didn't know... that it's a FREAKING male -__-
Dam.n this really does mess up our world building >.<

Though not completely, as we can still add some kind extra part concerning this, and in my first story I actually do plan to make some kind of special man, though not an Arkana.
(He's physical condition is okay, but his was primarily made with the intention of creating a genius that could hopefully surpass mother)

Ps. We can still make fanfics where we do NOT make a male Arkana~
No need to do it.

Pss. Sry Cassie.... But looking at it I doubt that they will animate and change the chaser into a girl........
So.. We will either also get the Male Chaser or we won't.... Is what I believe.

Huntersteel85

Rank 0
Huntersteel85
PostedApr 21, 2013 10:42 am
Are you freaking serious...

A MALE arkana!?

Besides the fact that the WHOLE game was based off of the ONLY FEMALE character list,

Now this makes me wonder.

What happens when they use the unsealer?

X.X

*vomits*

I do not want to see men in boxers...