MaeFirewind

Rank 0
PostedApr 20, 2013 6:47 am   Last edited by MaeFirewind on Apr 21, 2013 10:33 pm. Edited 2 times in total

"Player" run events

As an avid player of Scarlet Blade, I would love to see something from other MMOs I have played, come to life here as well.

To anyone who has played WoW, or Everquest, or even seen the Dot Hack series: There were always events in which players who were appointed as in game moderators and administrators, would set up events, clear it with the staff of the gaming company, and then enact them.

For example: A few years back, in WoW, they had a special christmas event that one of the moderators had set up. The player was required to kill a special holiday event mob that scaled to level, but still relatively average, and collect presents from these mobs. After a certain number of presents, the quest would be complete, and a rare, limited edition item would be given. The event lasted for about a week, with a new item being released every day or so. Each new quest would require more presents, until the final day, when the people who had collected enough for each quest would receive a gift that was made to be worked for. These items would soon be rather expensive due to needing so much time invested to get them, but many players would try their hardest to get those prizes.

If I recall, the prizes were: a christmas pet for the first quest. An outfit piece for the second and up quests. A mount/vehicle for the 3rd quest, and for the final one a special piece of equipment for your class.

The last one, on Scarlet Blade, could be changed to a special emote or a special buff that didn't do too much, but had some good visual effects with it. One that perhaps gave 5 movement speed to people around the caster, and they leave behind snow flakes as they move.

I for one, would volunteer my time to come up with these events for holidays,etc. If Aeria would allow me to.

Anyone else that likes this idea, I would urge you to sign a little petition. Just say "signed" or something x3

Endorsements:

Esperkitty
draakdorei
VenusScarlet
Advertisement

Ievikokonoe

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Ievikokonoe
PostedApr 20, 2013 7:00 am
I think its a awesome idea but at this point in time no since the game is still very new. but when it becomes the holiday season I hope to see snow and falling from the sky in game and other cool stuff

MaeFirewind

Rank 0
PostedApr 20, 2013 10:55 am
Ievikokonoe wrote:
I think its a awesome idea but at this point in time no since the game is still very new. but when it becomes the holiday season I hope to see snow and falling from the sky in game and other cool stuff  
Glad to see someone else is interested Very Happy

esperkitty

Rank 0
esperkitty
PostedApr 20, 2013 10:59 am
Fully endorsed!

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedApr 20, 2013 12:42 pm
Endorsed!

You can also host your own events, like marc's Bike Rally and my (postponed) Death Race on your own.

The prizes given in both aren't something you can't acquire normally though and the GMs have stated they encourage players to host their own events as well. Jury is still out on if we'd get anything special later down the road that we could hand out.

MaeFirewind

Rank 0
PostedApr 20, 2013 1:45 pm
draakdorei wrote:
Endorsed!

You can also host your own events, like marc's Bike Rally and my (postponed) Death Race on your own.

The prizes given in both aren't something you can't acquire normally though and the GMs have stated they encourage players to host their own events as well. Jury is still out on if we'd get anything special later down the road that we could hand out.  
Nice to know! I would really love if Aeria gave us special items to hand out. They could call us Event Guardians or something, lol

I will be holding contests and events regularly, if I can maintain funds in game. ^^

MaeFirewind

Rank 0
PostedApr 21, 2013 10:32 pm
VenusScarlet wrote:
Endorsed, sweety <3  
Aww! Thanks Guild Mistress! <3

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
On the planet consumed by greed. United States
PostedApr 21, 2013 10:45 pm
I think the players that are officially set to run events are the Game Sages as seen for example here. Prizes vary per event and can be special, limited editions items on the occasion. Additionally, Game Masters are also meant for this. As they are the "face" of Aeria, they tend to host events in games like this.

Now then, on to the technical stuff. Aeria does no developing at all. So adding a new monster, item, or changing the drop is not something anyone at Aeria can do and less for a person designed for events.

While your concept has merit, it cannot function with Aeria due to the restraint here. Other game companies may allow this, but it is most probably done because they have actual control of what gets added into the game.

Finally, as mentioned above, players are always free to host their own events as I have done here (which may allow for very very little help from the Game Masters for support). So never get discouraged about hosting your own.

MaeFirewind

Rank 0
PostedApr 21, 2013 11:17 pm
skull12580 wrote:
I think the players that are officially set to run events are the Game Sages as seen for example here. Prizes vary per event and can be special, limited editions items on the occasion. Additionally, Game Masters are also meant for this. As they are the "face" of Aeria, they tend to host events in games like this.

Now then, on to the technical stuff. Aeria does no developing at all. So adding a new monster, item, or changing the drop is not something anyone at Aeria can do and less for a person designed for events.

While your concept has merit, it cannot function with Aeria due to the restraint here. Other game companies may allow this, but it is most probably done because they have actual control of what gets added into the game.

Finally, as mentioned above, players are always free to host their own events as I have done here (which may allow for very very little help from the Game Masters for support). So never get discouraged about hosting your own.  
Thank you for taking the time to respond with this bit of information. Would you mind telling me who has the ability to add things to the game? Is it the folks that run the Korean side of things?