Jellyfish10001

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
Jellyfish10001
PostedApr 13, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: frequent DC

vijay.terna wrote:
Why do i keep getting frequent DC?  

1. Try resetting your router.
2. Try closing any background programs you may be running.
3. Make sure that there's an exception on your virus protection software for the game.

vijay.terna

Rank 0
PostedApr 14, 2013 12:32 am
how do i add an exception on virus?

vijay.terna

Rank 0
PostedApr 15, 2013 1:53 am

Re: frequent DC

Jellyfish10001 wrote:
vijay.terna wrote:
Why do i keep getting frequent DC?  

1. Try resetting your router.
2. Try closing any background programs you may be running.
3. Make sure that there's an exception on your virus protection software for the game.  

When ever i start the game it says "do you to allow this program to make changes in your computer" does this has anything to do with frequent DC?

Gahloman

Rank 0
Gahloman
PostedApr 15, 2013 7:53 am
That shouldn't have anything to do with disconnections. What "making changes to your PC" means is that it allows your computer to run the files of the game appropriately so that the game can actually run.

As far as making an exception on your anti-virus program, it depends on your anti-virus program. For example, if you were using a program like AVG, you would open the Anti-Virus tab and go to the "Manage Exceptions" button, then add the Eden Eternal launcher to it.

But that is just an example. You may have to use Google. I would Google something like "allowing exceptions with (insert the name of your anti-virus here)" and trying that.

Once you've done that, let us know. This might not be the fix but it's a start.

vijay.terna

Rank 0
PostedApr 16, 2013 8:20 am
Gahloman wrote:
That shouldn't have anything to do with disconnections. What "making changes to your PC" means is that it allows your computer to run the files of the game appropriately so that the game can actually run.

As far as making an exception on your anti-virus program, it depends on your anti-virus program. For example, if you were using a program like AVG, you would open the Anti-Virus tab and go to the "Manage Exceptions" button, then add the Eden Eternal launcher to it.

But that is just an example. You may have to use Google. I would Google something like "allowing exceptions with (insert the name of your anti-virus here)" and trying that.

Once you've done that, let us know. This might not be the fix but it's a start.  

i m using avg free edition and i added launcher to exception.
but still the problem continues

Jellyfish10001

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
Jellyfish10001
PostedApr 17, 2013 8:31 pm
Check out the other suggestions in this post and see if they fix your problem.

Ephixity

Rank 0
Ephixity
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:15 pm
Ive done a ton of research and experiences with DCs with EE. It does seem that opening a little too many applications (google chrome, itunes, internet explorer). Especially the internet running in the background, which lots of these things messes with Java. I notice that when I happen to browse through things ie, tumblr, facebook and such minutes when I tab back or maximize the screen for the game, I DC.

The game as of now doesnt like tolerating with other applications and likes to prioritize itself over all.

Try using less applications and something that isnt heavy where it will kick you is what I learned. Graphics in game can be a cause too. Go to Aven with about 70+ players on some settings causes it to lag, and when moving still forcing yourself to move to certain area with that lag will also DC you.

Calamity and Chaos awaits, my dear.