skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
On the planet consumed by greed. United States
PostedApr 16, 2013 6:29 pm
All right, all. I've decided the winners (and it was rather close for third place):

1st: Liedean
2nd: Cidfrieg
3rd: adol795

I'll contact each of your through PM to discuss prize pay-out. Please keep an eye out!

I thank everyone for participating in this event and look forward to seeing you all in my next event.

Advertisement

novasiriflame

Rank 0
novasiriflame
PostedApr 16, 2013 8:47 pm
Grats guys! I loved Cid's entry, imo. ^^

Liedean

Rank 0
Liedean
PostedApr 16, 2013 10:09 pm
*happy* Congratulation to all winners. I'm waiting for skull's next event ^^

terradrago

Rank 0
terradrago
PostedMay 26, 2013 5:08 am
novasiriflame wrote:
Character Name: Mona

(Total Word Count: 919)

Dark Tower Wasteland.

Dry, desolate, filled with wild Digimon of varying shapes and sizes. To be honest, I was afraid of this place when my team and I first set foot here. The evil energy radiating from the looming black obelisks in the distance, the hallowed winds that blew the dry ground apart. It all felt unwelcoming, and ever so unsettling.

That first journey I'll never forget, especially learning about how the black domes blocked ones ability to Digivolve. An action many take for granted until they realize it is no longer in their arsenal.

~

Ira, my Gaomon, was uneasy the whole trek through the Western edge of Western Village. We'd been dispatched there after our success in dealing with the Ruler of Western, the rather large and quite well ornery 'SaberLeomon'. Dealing with any rabble along the roads was a walk in the part for both of us. As if the resident Coredramon decided we were wise to attack, that is.

But it was only a matter of time before the small cave at the northern most end of the valley that we truly started to show some signs of worry. The cave radiated dark, and rather unwelcoming energy. Ira showed his immediate distaste, but a mission was a mission. And we pressed forward.

We were met with a very unforgiving landscape, more so our eyes were met with horrific black obelisks that loomed far in the distance ahead of us. Around them pulsed vile black domes of energy. Both Ira and I were unsure what to make of it, and did out best to avoid contact with these odd baubles. Ira often voiced his unease, even as we made our way to the far back of the curving canyons. Reves was too young at this point to care, he sat safely within my Digivice while Ira took the blunt of this harsh landscape like a true warrior. They still get into scraps about that even now.

'Kurata better know what he's sending us to do.' Ira spoke up with little hesitation. He was always blunt, very forward in his words and opinions. There had been a few times the rambunctious Gaomon had clocked the annoying Doctor square in the face. 'If this sends us to our Deletion, then I swear I'll come back and haunt that goofy glassed geek.'

I just shrugged and gave a slight laugh at his words. His human was a small sparkle in this bleak wasteland.

Waving through the various patrols of wild Digimon, Okuwamon and even the imposing WarGreymon; but we soon met with our destination. To be honest, our hearts dropped when we realized Kurata had meant for us to enter one of the many black domes.

However, before I had a chance to truly look through the barrier, to test the water so to speak. One of the larger WarGreymon chose this as the time to turn around and lock us in it's sighs. Ira yelped as the larger armored Digimon brought it's claws down on the both of us. The metal clashed with the ground ad Ira tackled me through the barrier. Our only real escape.

Much to our surprise, the wild Digimon did not follow us in. It hesitated before slowly backing away. Strange how even it seemed deterred by the inky black vortex. The pass through seemed to leave us un-phased, well aside from myself. My knee was slightly scrapped thanks to Ira's 'heroism' of pushing the damsel out of the way of the large metal Dragon Man's claws.

Ira on the other hand, seemed fine. Not at all phased by the odd barrier. However, he was looking at something.

I stood up and traced his gaze. I noted that the obelisk had one particular Digimon around it's base. There were several of them. Veemon? I think they were called. Little blue baby dragon looking Digital Monsters with white underbellies. But these ones seemed... off. Different than the ones I had seen with fellow Tamers around the DATS center. There was an unnatural red tint within their eyes.

'Welp. Let's get started.' Ira pounded his boxing gloves together. I remembered at that time that Kurata wanted us to gather data on the odd Digimon in the barriers. Well, a mega beating up a bunch of rookie Digimon didn't seem glamorous at the moment. But it was work.

I clutched my Digivice, and prepared it for Digivolution but.. Something was wrong. Something felt wrong.

Ira looked at me oddly for a moment. 'What are you waiting for? Digivolve me!'

'I.. can't?' I shook my Digivice a few times. Nothing. No glow, no reaction. It just blinked the time back at me. Completely unresponsive. 'Nothing is happening. It was working before we-' I paused, and started thing. And it seemed Ira was on track with me as well.

'Could that be what these black domes do? Could they.. block Digivolution?' Ira inquired. He looked to the barrier, then back to me. It was a good guess, and how right he was; as we later found out on our return.

'Well. If that's the case, then Kurata has some explaining to do when we get back. Let's get to work'

Well... We tried at least. Ira was beaten back, not used to combat after staying so long within his form of MirageGaogamon. We had been forced to retreat at the time, returning to DATS to lick our wounds and hopefully return in the future to complete our work.

~  

This was fun to read ^.^