kurtha

Rank 0
PostedApr 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Shaiya crashing 1-4 min into the game

Hi,

This used to happen a lot, and then it stopped. But this past week I cannot run the game on my Win-7 64 bit machine. Well, I can, but only for 4 min. Then BSOD.

All drivers are updated, no change.

The BSOD is BCCODE 116, but there is plenty of memory there, so I am outta things to try.

Any suggestions.

It seems to happen in AH and APU faster than in other rooms/maps.

K
Advertisement

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedApr 16, 2013 6:44 am
Sounds like an issue with your video card or the drivers. If you're not ever sure about an error code in an operating system (OS), its advised to pop the code into a search engine and it will give you a few hits on what the code translates into.

BSOD 116 error is something with an issue with the drivers or the card itself. You may want to go ahead and trouble shoot by updating your drivers.

These are two articles with a similar problem but not related to a game that gives a bit of a better explanation:

Blue Screen BCCode 116:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/blue-screen-bccode-116/70bda113-799b-4b9d-ae50-ca570136e7f8

BlueScreen 1033 BCCode 116 :
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/7217-63-bluescreen-1033-bccode

Good Luck.

kurtha

Rank 0
PostedApr 16, 2013 10:06 am
Thanks Lavie,

The first thing I tried was looking at the driver and I do have the latest for everything. The diags say the card is good and it doesn't happen anywhere else... so...

I am now thinking that maybe I need to roll back the driver for the video.

My Vista machine has a better card, but uses the sme drivers and it seems fine. Go figure.

I found alot of similar problems on the net, but none have a BCP4 code of 3, still haen't figured out that one, but then again I didn't send the dump to anyone.

Thanks again.

K

kurtha

Rank 0
PostedApr 16, 2013 11:13 am
So, I rolled bock the driver and voila! So, it seems if you have the Nvidia GeForce 220, dont use the Mar 2013 drivers! I know they released one mid-March and it must have been bad, because they re-released it, and it works fine on my Vista w/460, but doesn't work for Shaiya on my Win 7 w/220. Even though Nvidia thinks it should.

TY,
K