doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedApr 05, 2013 4:59 pm   Last edited by doc09 on May 14, 2013 3:37 pm. Edited 12 times in total

Eden Eternal Minimal Client / Game Data

Use this if you're having issues downloading the installer!
If you're having issues using the download application for installer from Eden Eternal Download page, try using this bare minimal client.

What this does is it allows you to skip past downloading the installer (if you're having issues in the application for downloading the installer) and takes you straight to the client.

There is NO game data in the minimal client, the folder only contains the client and the information files for the client, all the game data CAN be downloaded through the client.

After you download EdenEternal Minimal Client.rar, extract it and place it where you prefer, or by Aeria's saved location (C:/AeriaGames/Eden Eternal). If you want the files in the Aeria's location, you must make a folder called Eden Eternal in C:/AeriaGames.

If after you install the game, and you only have 3 files in your folder, as seen in this post, then this will help you too. Here is the screen shot from the linked thread.

For users who use Aeria Ignite and launch the clients through Ignite, You must make the Eden Eternal Folder in C:/AeriaGames and place the client there!

After you download the Eden Eternal Minimal Client, Use _Launcher.exe in your saved location and let the client download all the game data.

Media Fire link for the client
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Game Data Packages
Okay, so here we go!

First thing, all the game data for Eden Eternal is packeted into files called packages (.pkg), every content update, they upload new packages, the files that we see downloading through the patcher are files part of the packages so they cannot be downloaded seperately.

Guide:
To start, after you download the files, you need to unzip them, and you must place the pkg files in the appropriate folder (c:/AeriaGames/EdenEternal/pkg), after that, the game data is there for you to use on your client.
There are several other uses for this:

• 1: If you are having trouble with the patcher, such as download errors for specific files, go to your installed location for Eden Eternal (c:/AeriaGames/EdenEternal/pkg, unless you installed elsewhere) and check what pkg file your client last download, then start downloading the files from the list below
  • 2: If using the update client is slow for you, i will be posting links for the updates that way you can download there without getting frustrated with errors and download issues that may come with the upgrade client.
  • 3: If you are experiencing "Failed to connect server" errors on the upgrade client, and the issue consists.
  • 4: Allow new players to download the game data through a different method (if mirror download sites do not work, or may be slower)

NOTE! If you already have one of the Package Files and it asks if you want to replace, or skip, replace it!

Location to put Package Files at, they must be in the folder that is highlighted:

I'm currently in workings of remaking the way to download the game data and working on getting it up as quick as possible.

Note: You will may a .rar extracting program, such as WinRAR.
Advertisement

dksavant

Rank 0
dksavant
PostedApr 07, 2013 11:09 am
lol, then you get to spend ages patching since you need to download everything from aeria's slow patch server. Wonder what's worse, the patch server or the fail ignite downloader. Wouldn't a full more up-to-date installer from a mirror be better than this method? Its usually painful enough to download a big patch from the patch server, but to download the entire 2.8gig game file by file from the patch server, that would probably drive most to scream at EE in the shoutbox with much cursing . No offense, but unless EE vastly improves the speed, stability, and availability of the patching servers, this is one heck of a painful method to get the game installed.

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedApr 07, 2013 11:16 am
Well, with my internet, using the client to download all the data is faster for me. Though it's not the same for everyone, it's still an open option to use. Some many have issues getting to a mirror website, or issue downloading from the mirror site.

This method, technically you don't install. Instead you're bypassing the installer by downloading only the client, placing the client in the Aeria Games folder, and letting it patch.

You also have to account for when there is a new patch on Wednesdays, there are thousands of people downloading at the same time, which slows down the patch server drastically.

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedApr 12, 2013 9:09 pm
As dksavant had said before, the patch servers can be slow. This got me thinking: Why not set up files where people can download the game data without having to use a 'slow' patch server (if it is slower for you to use the patch server).

I'm slowly, but surely, setting up files where everyone can download the game data, and i'll be adding to it every time there is a content update.

To start this, i'm going to add everything from the latest patch (4/10/13) into the Base Game Data Packages files, then add links to the content updates that come after. I expect to be able to have the Base Game Data Packages available by tomorrow night.

This is to also help players who have issues with the patcher, such as download errors. I will be putting instructions and information on what to do with these files.

im_ch3at3r

Rank 0
PostedMay 08, 2013 2:34 am
in my eternal eden pkg folder i've reached pkg231.pkg
and your package files only 221-226...
can you please upload and notify me the 213 pkg ??
thx..

please help...

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedMay 08, 2013 3:02 pm
226 is my last pkg file, your computer must be placing them different than mine.

If you're having trouble downloading a file on your launcher, you can try using a VPN such as Cyber Ghost VPN as a alternate connection to try to download the patches and content.

yhud2

Rank 0
yhud2
PostedMay 08, 2013 10:39 pm
i think it has different no. of package for every user or client
i have installed 2 EE folders in my com using the same installer
the old 1 that contains 251 pkg
and the new install that contains 230 pkg only

Emiya.Shirou

Rank 0
Emiya.Shirou
PostedNov 20, 2013 5:26 pm
After I download everything and fully patch the game do I still need to use _launcher.exe to play the game or do I open it with "launcher.exe" without the " _ "?

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedNov 20, 2013 5:55 pm
Emiya.Shirou wrote:
After I download everything and fully patch the game do I still need to use _launcher.exe to play the game or do I open it with "launcher.exe" without the " _ "?  

If you run the "Launcher.exe" instead of "_Launcher.exe" the patch client skin will change to the reawaken patch skin. After you fully patch, i would still recommend using _Launcher.exe, there isn't really any difference between the 2 so it's up to you.

Emiya.Shirou

Rank 0
Emiya.Shirou
PostedNov 20, 2013 7:10 pm
doc09 wrote:
Emiya.Shirou wrote:

If you run the "Launcher.exe" instead of "_Launcher.exe" the patch client skin will change to the reawaken patch skin. After you fully patch, i would still recommend using _Launcher.exe, there isn't really any difference between the 2 so it's up to you.  

Both of them for me has the "reawaken" skin, and if there is no difference the I will use "Launcher.exe" without _