trolled5

Rank 0
trolled5
PostedApr 10, 2013 11:34 am

help

I've downloaded the game and now it says: please install the application.
I click on "ok" and then it does nothing. can someone please help me?
Advertisement

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedApr 10, 2013 11:46 am
There's a few steps you should take.

Please firstly, make sure you can play Grand Fantasia by comparing your computer to the list of system requirements. If that clears out, there's a few steps you should take.

Make sure all your drivers and computer itself is up to date. DirectX is the most sensitive and will usually cause issues if it hasn't been upgraded to it's most recent update. You can search online for your computers make/model and driver information, and also, how to figure out how to find your computers make/mode driver info etc etc.

Clear your internet cache and your computer's cache. You can do this by downloading a program like CCleaner. CCleaner is amazingly safe. Just be careful, it does delete all your saved passwords and history. It does not affect your bookmarks.

Download GF via a mirror. A mirror basically is the base client information and data needed to play.

Once you have that, install via administrator from the location it downloaded to. If you are not an administrator on your computer, this may give you issues. Make sure the installer is also allowed through your firewall and antivirus and that User Account Control (also known as UAC) has been switched to "never notify".

If you have any issues, please reply back.

trolled5

Rank 0
trolled5
PostedApr 11, 2013 12:04 pm

hello

i have a new problem now and i cant seem to fix it please take a look at this( i will try to get the best quality i can get, sorry if u cant see it 100% clearly)

This is the link: https://twitter.com/dylan_heus/status/322409691206516738/photo/1

PS: if the link doesnt work then im sorry.

Baden8572

Rank 1
PostedApr 11, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: hello

trolled5 wrote:
i have a new problem now and i cant seem to fix it please take a look at this( i will try to get the best quality i can get, sorry if u cant see it 100% clearly)

This is the link: https://twitter.com/dylan_heus/status/322409691206516738/photo/1

Usually restarting the computer will in most cases, solve this problem. And here are somethings to check and try as well if that doesn't work:
~Are you running it as administrator?
~Your firewall might be blocking it from running.
~Try uninstalling and installing it again.
~Make sure you are meeting all the system requirements.
~This guide might also help. xD
Hope it gets fixed. *-*

walmazi

Rank 4
walmazi
PostedApr 12, 2013 11:08 am
1. Uninstall Ignite, it's known to cause problems I'm afraid.

2. Redownload the client and then close the downloader after it finishes, do not launch it directly else you'll be forced into Ignite.

3. Typically under "C:\AeriaGames\Downloader\" is where the files are placed. Delete the Ignite installer.

4. Run the installer as normal and you should be good to go Smile

A success story with details similar to this (except ignite cause it did not exist back then) : http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=159484

Good luck and I hope my solution works!

Posted By Aeria Mobile

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedApr 12, 2013 11:36 am

Re: hello

trolled5 wrote:

That still looks like UAC is enabled.

cmartly48 wrote:
Make sure the installer is also allowed through your firewall and antivirus and that User Account Control (also known as UAC) has been switched to "never notify".  

Further, try not to run so many programs during your first play of GF. It will update and that may take time and a lot of your bandwith and RAM. You might also have to create virtual RAM to play the game efficiently.