There's a free alternative if you are tech savvy.
- Download Ubuntu
- Read this for how to install via dual boot.
- Once Ubuntu is installed, log into it and download PlayOnLinux and install it.
- In PlayOnLinux, download the dx9 and internet explorer packages.
- Also under the registry for PlayOnLinux, go to (User->Software->Direct3D) create a new key called 'PixelShaderMode' and set it to disabled. This allows you to see your character!
- Install GrandFantasia using the 'Try unlisted app' under 'Install'
- Runs fine!
Note: Only thing you miss is water particles. Aka OSI will look like a desert lmao!!
Also under PlayOnLinux, windows programs run in real time mode. It doesn't emulate windows, it converts windows processes into blobs that can be processed by linux. You can run at normal speed!