arphila_wolf

Rank 0
arphila_wolf
PostedApr 09, 2013 11:19 pm

How useful are classes in BG/Caergate, you decide!

So using a rating scale of 1 being the most useful and 10 being the least, how would you rate each class currently in BG/Caergate?

I'll say maybe different categories, so first would be lets say solo.
Second category would be in a group.
And last category would be ultimate's.

(Solo)(Group)(Ultimate)
Defender - xx/xx/xx
Shadow Walker - xx/xx/xx
Whipper - xx/xx/xx
Punisher - xx/xx/xx
Sentinel - xx/xx/xx
Medic - xx/xx/xx

Copy paste to your liking.

I'm curious too see an what the community thinks. If you want to go into farther detail that's a plus as well.
Advertisement

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedApr 09, 2013 11:32 pm   Last edited by draakdorei on Apr 10, 2013 12:51 am. Edited 1 time in total
Defender - 3/2
Shadow Walker - 1/2
Whipper - 3/2
Punisher - 5/5
Sentinel - 5/5
Medic - 10/1

I haven't used/seen any of the ultimate skills in action in Caergate yet...not first-hand at least so can't really comment on them.

Punisher/Sentinel...low experience playing these classes and I never find myself in party with them...so 5/5 for them.

Whipper/Defender are pretty much interchangeable as tanks

Medic is practically required for any PvP at all

Shadow Walker is great for the assassination requirements and high critical spike damage

Edit: Just realized I set Medic solo to 1... x.x...that should've been 10.

icewolves007

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
icewolves007
PostedApr 10, 2013 12:31 am
Defender - 3-4-3
Shadow Walker - 3-5-2
Whipper - 3-4-2
Punisher - 7-3-?
Sentinel - 4-2-?
Medic - 9-1-1

A bit more in detail, defenders can solo pvp quite well and their group synergy is rather high as well given their natural bulk and ability to make people target them (aka, omg there is a giant mech with a sword on my face get it off). The defender's ult is pretty good, I've seen it quite a few times thanks to vix and it is a good ability to get when you have the points.

Shadow walkers are great alone, they can kill that one person wandering off alone and fade away without anyone being any wiser. Their group work is a bit harder to pin down, but usually turns into focus on the people that stray too far from the enemy group and those that focus your medic. Their ult is one of the best in this game imo. It has the ability to make sure one person is out of the fight immediately. Even if it is only single target, it will instantly turn the fight if you take down the threats.

Whippers are great soloist thanks to their innate defense and shields. Can usually 1v2 or more and get away with a kill at least. Given a team, they become unstoppable tanks if their medics are not taken out, not to mention their plethora of aoe cc. And finally their ult. I find it to be the biggest game changer among nearly all of the ults. It has the power to instantly eliminate up to 6 people from the fight. If it doesn't outright kill them, the dot will.

Punishers do not have a very good 1v1. They are made to be the backline support fire, not face tanking that Whipper or Defender. Doesn't mean they can't, but they will have a harder time 1v1'ing than others. Group wise, they are extremely important. The powerful consistent damage they provide is great for any group with a solid frontline defense. I'm not too sure about their ult since I haven't seen it in action except in very cluttered teamfights at titan.

Sentinels are annoying. fast little blighters. Only 1v1 experience I've had with sentinels is Dienasty, and I can definitely see their potential for being duelists. For teams, I say they are an absolute necessity. Their ability to detect sw's and their dps are welcome for any pvp team comp. For their ult, I cannot say I have seen it. I probably have been hit by it before, but I just can't remember it.

Medics are not meant to pvp alone at the moment. The only way I can see them being effective in this way is if they get their blue mech. However, for teams they are a pivotal cornerstone. You need at least one if not two medics in a team. Their ability to keep the tanks alive through even the most heinous of zergs is insane. And their ult is even more insane. It is practically immortality.

UndeadHost

Rank 2
UndeadHost
PostedApr 10, 2013 2:47 am
(Solo)(Group)
Defender - 6/3
Shadow Walker - 3/5
Whipper - 8/9
Punisher - 7/1
Sentinel - 7/3
Medic - 1/9

I can only rank the ultimate skills based on what I've heard, so I didn't rate the classes on that. I haven't used any of them, I haven't been able to spot any in battle, but from what I've heard, Sentinel's is OK, and Punisher's is extremely good.

By the way, usually 10 is the best and 1 is the worst.
See this snippet from the U.S. sitcom FRIENDS:
Ross: ...and 10 is the highest.
Joey: Why is 10 the highest?
Ross: Because it's the highest.

Swordmaster757

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2013 5:48 am
Not to go off topic, or be rude...but to the above poster, the rubric for the grading of these classes is subjective to what the original person posting wishes it to be, so intentionally changing the scale because you feel that its wrong isn't fair or right to do.

On topic, I cannot accurately assess each classes solo and group capabilities, due to lack on personal play knowledge with other classes aside from whippers.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 10, 2013 7:23 am
I disagree with most people on the medic Solo. My Medic solo's all the time, and it allows me to reliably buff and heal the entire faction, instead of micro-focusing on one team. Furthermore, Medic is a pretty potent damage dealer in a mech, and otherwise. On average my Medic gets about 15 kills per pvp event. If you're in a team, your buffs tend to only rebuff that team.

I give Medic about an 2-3 Solo, 3 in group.

icewolves007

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
icewolves007
PostedApr 10, 2013 9:54 am
Rekikyo wrote:
I disagree with most people on the medic Solo. My Medic solo's all the time, and it allows me to reliably buff and heal the entire faction, instead of micro-focusing on one team. Furthermore, Medic is a pretty potent damage dealer in a mech, and otherwise. On average my Medic gets about 15 kills per pvp event. If you're in a team, your buffs tend to only rebuff that team.

I read solo as roaming alone and doing 1v1's. They would have a hard time dying, but I don't see them being able to kill anything without the aid of someone else. I consider what you said to be group pvp since the medic is working with other people to fight. At least, that's how I interpreted it.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 10, 2013 10:28 am
icewolves007 wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:

I read solo as roaming alone and doing 1v1's. They would have a hard time dying, but I don't see them being able to kill anything without the aid of someone else. I consider what you said to be group pvp since the medic is working with other people to fight. At least, that's how I interpreted it.  

My Medic's actually build competitively. I have Crit/Crit ATK weapon, and Crit/Def/HP/Max/Min Gloves, and Full HP Leg Guards, and EVA/VOID/HP/DEF top, etc. I have over 3000 Crit ATK on it, and over half the time, + 2600 Crit rate. The damage per hit is lower than say a SW, but I can still reliably hit 400-600 in pvp from range. In my mech, I can do between 900-1500 damage a shot when my crit buffs are on, and I'm not even in a rare mech.

On average I get 15 kills and between 1-3 deaths. I almost never party anyone.

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedApr 10, 2013 11:33 am
Rekikyo wrote:
icewolves007 wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:

My Medic's actually build competitively. I have Crit/Crit ATK weapon, and Crit/Def/HP/Max/Min Gloves, and Full HP Leg Guards, and EVA/VOID/HP/DEF top, etc. I have over 3000 Crit ATK on it, and over half the time, + 2600 Crit rate. The damage per hit is lower than say a SW, but I can still reliably hit 400-600 in pvp from range. In my mech, I can do between 900-1500 damage a shot when my crit buffs are on, and I'm not even in a rare mech.

On average I get 15 kills and between 1-3 deaths. I almost never party anyone.  

Sorry to be off-topic but...are you the Medic version of Arkstella? Wink