Raukon

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2013 2:33 am

Cant decide on a class

Im trying to find a decent PvE class to play but I just cant seem to figure out what would be the most effective DPS.

So far Im leaning toward Punisher or Shadow Walker but I dont know.

What are some of the better DPS classes for PvE in this?
Advertisement

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedApr 10, 2013 2:37 am
I have only tried Punisher and Whipper, punisher is my main and i do like it a lot. It really is up to your gameplay, the shadow walker is a close range fighter, with strong high hits, the punisher fights from long range and with his buffs attacks really strong to anyone who gets in his range.

UndeadHost

Rank 2
UndeadHost
PostedApr 10, 2013 3:06 am
At later levels (when good equipment is enhanced) Medics become fairly good since they can last longer than most with healing. Earlier levels, Medic is the worst. Sentinels are very good, but unlike Medics and Defenders, they aren't durable, so they have to stop and rest a lot. Punishers are very slow, but can last longer than Sentinels. Shadow Walkers can rip through enemies very quickly, but eventually they need to stop and rest. Defenders are very good since they have the best defenses and have decent PvE damage. I would say Whippers are the best. With a lot of their HP left, they can kill mobs of enemies like no other, since they have the second best defenses and attack mostly in an area.

1. Whipper
2. Defender
3. Shadow Walker
4. Punisher
5. Sentinel
6. Medic

Raukon

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2013 3:38 am
Hmm, perhaps I'll give Whipper a try then. They looked kind of neat but I remember seeing some stuff about them being kind of weak or something. All well, I'll give them a try.

xClutz

Rank 1
xClutz
PostedApr 10, 2013 3:41 am
The best DPS classes in game atm is between Shadow Walker and Sentinel. They are both very squishy (non-durable) though. If you want you can always have a look at:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/index.php?f=1849 and see what each of the classes has to offer.
If you just want the pros and cons of each class try:
http://scarletblade.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1862021

Raukon

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2013 4:53 am
xClutz wrote:
The best DPS classes in game atm is between Shadow Walker and Sentinel. They are both very squishy (non-durable) though. If you want you can always have a look at:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/index.php?f=1849 and see what each of the classes has to offer.
If you just want the pros and cons of each class try:
http://scarletblade.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1862021  

Thanks xClutz, I'll give that a look. Appreciate all the help guys.

Predatoryan

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2013 5:05 am
From an SW point of view and not trying to be bias, Shadow Walker is the highest DPS class atm followed closely by punishers.

I top every dps meter in any party i go to, as to cons...as someone said we are very squishy so if you are planning on pve alone be sure to grab some of the aggro decrease skill or you will find yourself taking aggro fast and dying to some bosses.

Swordmaster757

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2013 5:29 am
Personally, I'm a whipper, and I haven't had any real issues leveling her and using her in pve. Do whippers have the greatest damage? No. However whippers possess great durability if played right. We are second only to defenders in defense, and being able to area attack means that we can finish certain quests quicker by attacking multiple mobs as we get the skills to do so. This also means that if an aggressive mob spawns on you unknowingly, the whipper is designed to take it and adapt to it . The two defense buffs increase a whippers survivability as well. Also the ability to pull has been a lifesaver. What whippers don't possess is the greatest damage and dps. My damage is not bad, but punishers and shadow walkers especially can easily outdamage me. I speak namely from a whipper standpoint because that's the class that i know. Other classes are good too,and ultimately its up to you to decide on the class that's right for you. That's just my opinion on the class that I play, and I hope that it helps you in your decision.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 10, 2013 6:21 am
I think the economy is going to shut out alot of good potential dpsers, because of how players are adjusting the prices in the market toward AP and away from in game drops.

As a result, I'm starting to lean less toward a damage dealing ONLY class, and more toward Medic, because medic can both kill and heal. So when a medic is +7 and everyone around you is +10, at least you can still play your healing role. The difference between 7 and 10 is about 70% of your damage. It's also the most costly.

Last night, someone talked me into trying +8 enhance on my shadow walker without a safeguard 7 because of his own experience. I gambled, lost, and now my wep's back to 6. Not only that, but I sold him a safeguard 8, and viola: his weapon is now 9, and mine's at 6. We were 7 and 8. I've tried 3 times to fix the error at the cost of 10 Narak relics, 3 Gems, 3 Safeguard 6's and about 23G on top of that, to no avail. So basically, I took about a 120G bluff, and still haven't fixed it.

I'm sure that other players are experiencing similar faux pas with their damage dealers, so atm, my suggestion is, :don't play a class where you only have one job. Make sure you have a job to back up on if your equipment betrays you. (Medic, Defender, Possibly Whipper).

Yuugure

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Yuugure
PostedApr 10, 2013 11:13 am
Currently in game the Best DPS are as follows. As the game and levels increases they shift around some but it's generally like that.

1. Punisher
2. Shadow Walker
3. Sentinel
4. Defender
5. Whipper
6. Medic

Trust me, this is pretty accurate.