.Dark.Maiden.

Rank 3
.Dark.Maiden.
PostedApr 09, 2013 4:28 pm
I do agree with Tiger that u sound like you are going against the idea of using repeat, but it is a great idea to show the other players other use of the other pearls.
BUT
"When there's a winner, there is always a loser somewhere"
"When someone is happy, there is always somewhere sad in the world"
these two sayings are true. Using repeat may me fun for the person that wins thanks to it, but it may also be upsetting for the loser right? :3
I find going alone in FF/LF's boring because there is no company on your side, but it's still fun if the person that wins, am i not wrong? o:

I see you only stating the positiveness of all of the pearls, there's always a few negative ones the players should get to know about. I have been playing DDTank about more than a year and I noticed that there is not one pearl that is perfect.
Accurate (It hits, but it doesn't do full damage): A person with good aim shouldn't use this pearl.
Batter (Adds an extra assault): If you do 444 (50%, 50%, 50%) or another buff that shoots once, and batter activates, it hits twice your power in one shot! which means your two shots doubles your power. 3 months after I started DDTank, if you fail a fly and batter activates, a shot will come. It pretty much will hit the empty spot that u failed fly on, which is pretty useless there.
Burn (the opponent you hit will lose hp for two rounds): If your opponent has a lot of hp and burn activates, it only lasts for two turns and it will take some time before they die. But, it can also do the finishing move on a player that is almost dead.
Deter (you cannot buff for two rounds): Its an annoying pearl! If you aren't a strong player and your opponent is, they might even be able to kill you without buffing. But, if your opponent and yourself is almost dead, and that your opponent may not buff to kill you, thank the pearl for letting you buff before your opponent is able to buff and kill you instead of the opposite!
Fatigue (lowers stamina): This pearl is also annoying >w< It is advantageous on the player who uses it. If your opponent may not fully use his buff to kill you, and you survive hit shot with him buffing with fatigue bothering him. Now is your chance to kill him! ^o^ But this pearl is also disadvantageous as Deter, your opponent may be able to kill you without using his full power.
Ice (ices the person you hit): It can make the Gulu Shield/Barok Shield dissapear, but what can you do if your hp is full during the time your opponent is iced in 1v1 FFs?
Injure (adds damage): It may be useless on a strong player that is trying to kill someone that is weak, but it can kill him faster! Less time to waste o:
Lock (prevents the person you hit from adjusting their angle): It is useful in dig, but if u aren't digging them and you are up against a strong player that can aim, the pearl was useless. But that's a very unlucky case >w<
Luck (adds luck attribute): It may do critical damage, but what if it doesn't? That would be useless! :T
Nuclear (does nuclear buff): Perfect for dig, but sometimes the hole is so big that at the last shot, it doesn't hit the player you wanna kill (it once happened to me, what a waste! :<) If you aren't in a dig map, the pearl won't be pretty much of use.
Pierce (destroys the defense of the person you hit): Perfect for people that have high defense, like people with explo. But if you were a strong player that is going up against a weak player, it wouldn't be of much use. This pearl should be for people that can aim Wink
Repeat (gives you another turn): It gives you another chance to hit your player or maybe kill them, but the weak pearls take out a lot of your stamina. And if you are a weak player going up against a strong player, its a good chance to do more damage on him c: BUT! if you miss that shot, you are a very unlucky person! >o<
Strike (adds offense): If it adds offense, your damage on people does higher! but if you miss your shot it would be a waste.
Vampire (heals a certain % you do on a player): It would be useful on someone weaker than you, because you do more damage which will heal you more. If you are a weak player going up against a stronger one, it won't heal that much :<
Violent (Makes a crit): Should be effective on stronger player, and the other way around. But if you are sure you can kill your opponent in a round, the pearl wouldn't be useful :c
Weaken (lowers a certain % of damage you will deal for 2 rounds): Should be effective on a stronger player, but the player can be so strong that he is sure to kill you within one turn. If your opponent doesn't buff during those two turns, it wouldn't put your pearl to much use except reducing a bit of damage, but not the full power your opponent can do.
Batter, Injure, Luck Nuclear, Pierce, Strike and Violent are pearls that may not be useful to you if you do not buff.

As you can see, no pearl is perfect, just like a person c: they have their own flaws :3 I figure that the players should be aware of both, the advantages and the disadvantages of the pearls. I would be upset if the player uses a pearl that he doesn't know the disadvantages that pearl has Q.Q -eats a cookie for all the efforts given for typing and thinking of all the existing pearls- nom nom nom~ -3-

Advertisement

xkokin

Rank 2
xkokin
PostedApr 09, 2013 4:52 pm
Very Happy now we just need to start listing out combinations for when it activates and how it can be used to the users benefit. cause unlike repeat the other pearls need a little finesse in the right direction to make it a "holy Hard what just hit me" shot.

i'll start.

Nuclear item + any effect pearl IE: weaken, burn, ice, deter, lock, weaken, fatigue. O.o

.Dark.Maiden.

Rank 3
.Dark.Maiden.
PostedApr 09, 2013 5:02 pm
xkokin wrote:
:D now we just need to start listing out combinations for when it activates and how it can be used to the users benefit. cause unlike repeat the other pearls need a little finesse in the right direction to make it a "holy **** what just hit me" shot.

i'll start.

Nuclear item + any effect pearl IE: weaken, burn, ice, deter, lock, weaken, fatigue. O.o  

What do you mean, since a player can only use one offense pearl oO

xkokin

Rank 2
xkokin
PostedApr 09, 2013 5:36 pm
you only have one offense pearl slot O.o what did you think i meant? lol

one offense pearl at a time.

.Dark.Maiden.

Rank 3
.Dark.Maiden.
PostedApr 09, 2013 5:39 pm
xkokin wrote:
that is implied to happen lmao. especially with any effect pearl.  

sry! typo there :3 its already edited c: and i now understand what u mean, but I thinks its better to discuss about the advantages and the disadvantages of defense pearls that activates when they get hit with the offense pearl activated. I left it out on purpose in my "essay". I was hoping you thought of it :3 since not, why dont i mention it now~ ^^

xkokin

Rank 2
xkokin
PostedApr 09, 2013 5:52 pm
that was to be covered when someone wanted to use a specific pearl lol.

cause some pearls work best when a pearl activates Very Happy