mrdummy

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
mrdummy
PostedApr 09, 2013 10:42 am

Aeria Free AP Offers: not "clean" business.

Free AP is nice, but when i take a look at offers, i realize here is something wrong.

There is small risk because software installations will make your pc more dirty.
Some software installs will install extra toolbars, bloatware, spyware, malware. Because business want follow you what you're doing.
For example 7-Zip. Good tool. But if you click on 7-zip download, you will see it's not 7-Zip itself. The original 7-Zip installer has no extra tools and programs.
The 7-Zip from offer will install toolbars and untrusted programs at your pc. Your pc will be more filled and dirty with unneeded tools. Actually, this is not fair: business "stole" 7-Zip and use it with own toolbars.

Win a iPad / iPhone or money. Winning is nice, but it's not fully free. You must do something for business. Questions, give money, make contracts, and more unwanted things, and giving personal information is very common in quiz and winning games.

Even offers with 1000 AP, you must buy or book something.
Free AP? Not really. It will mainly costs you some money.

I'm sorry, but i don't believe much in offers, because the Item Mall costs already much money with Lucky boxes (that is actually money lottery/gambling).

Aeria, you care much about safetly of the users. Passwords and personal data. But do you realize some offers are possible dirty and not safe? Installing bloatware and spyware is always possible with "free software" from business. Here, 7-Zip is already dirty with toolbars, the original 7-Zip has no toolbars and thus clean.

You're warned about "dirty" free AP offers. Be careful, not all business are clean, they want your money. I can see the problem behind some offers.
"All offers are provided by external partners. Aeria Games & Entertainment has no direct control over them."
There is good chance if i miss one step inside offer, i won't receive free AP... Of ignoring one toolbar, might miss free AP... That makes this "dirty" business untrusted because Aeria cannot check the rights for free AP.

Sorry Aeria, when is Free AP really clean and safe? This is just money business. Want milk more money from users? Sure, you can do it, but you can easy damage the trust. Some players will never come back.

I want keep my pc clean as possible. No unwanted tools and programs. Clean pc is safe, and thus no risks about password stealing. Toolbars looks handy, but on internet, you will find 10-20 different toolbars. Yeah, too much. And not all toolbars are safe.
The best advice is don't install downloaders and installers from unknown sites. Only from original site. Internet is already dirty enough, just be careful.

Even topic will possible be locked, my advice will stay for all users: think and check first before you accept the offer. Do you see something strange and not good feeling? Stop immediately. Must you fill many personal information? Be careful. Don't give suddely your email away, or you will receive (too much) emails and possible spam.

I wish for all users safe internet and less money loss because unwanted things inside some offers. Always keep your pc clean!

Advertisement

megamagex

Rank 0
megamagex
PostedApr 09, 2013 10:51 am
These free AP things are, more or less, scams to take and sell your personal information. alot of times, the sites don't even pay out unless you bug them incessantly. There is, however, a safe way to do this. If you use a virtual desktop program (such "Oracle Virtual Box") and use semi-fake information (a junk e-mail, an old address that isn't used, etc.) you can avoid any major risks to both your personal identity, and your computer.

Just note that all this is, is advertisements, and Aeria has no control over it. Your just being lured into clicking on the ads or buying their products with a little extra "incentive". Keep this in mind, and don't give out any information that your not comfortable with having sold on the market.

wraith23123

Rank 0
wraith23123
PostedApr 09, 2013 10:53 am
You simply have to know how to do the free offers correctly. There is a chance that they have malware or spyware coupled with them so use Sandboxie when doing them. It contains all downloads done during that session and prevents them from manipulating your computer if you don't want them to.

Here's a guide already posted on this forum about it:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1870143

mrdummy

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
mrdummy
PostedApr 09, 2013 11:17 am
The guide might good, but still, you never know with such free offers.
Actually, if i read the guide, you try to play "illegal" with some old information, alternative email to get AP. Sandboxing installers is good, but then? Why should i install unsafe programs? I don't want install it.

I can try each offer, but what is point in here? If i try many offers, the risk will just raise more with unwanted information and unwanted programs. Something will leak out. One error made, you have a problem.

Not all players have much knownledge about it. I'm sure it will go wrong by some players.

That is why the risk is still high with many offers. Better advice: just ignore all offers, do it on your safe and old way. Your way is safe.

Aeria should not do risky things. Internet has so many "offer" sites, but part of it is not safe or trusted. You know it very well.

GMLeo

GameMaster: USA
GMLeo
PostedApr 09, 2013 12:46 pm
Moved to billing forums.

The advice provided above is correct. Your best bet is to contact the sponsor and if you are unable to resolve the claim with them, then you should send a ticket to our billing team.

Thanks for your patience!