nitrodomus

Rank 0
PostedApr 06, 2013 4:56 pm
I downloaded the installer, installed the game, and launched it. The first time it worked fine, and I got to the character creation screen. Now when I start the game again, 20 minutes later, on the secondary password screen, it's just freezes. . Can't click or type my secondary password at all.

I just uninstalled, and tried a different link to reinstall. I'll keep you guys posted on if it works.

P.S. Anyone else have the same lockup problem as me ?
Advertisement

Vixyn159

Rank 0
PostedApr 07, 2013 11:21 am
I've downloaded the game. But when it came to installing and extracting the files, I got this error

Anyone know what I should do?

blazeguardia

Rank 0
PostedApr 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Cannot play

Install issue
I have downloaded it form the site as I did originally and had the load bug happen where in I closed it then reopened and was taken to the installer which I ran, that installed the aeria ignite. From there I clicked to install the game, and it gave me a runtime error but still said it was installing, when I go to click the icon created on my desktop low and behold it isn't the game but another installer for the game, so basically an endless loop of trying to install the game. I have also experienced the error with aeria ignite not wanting to download it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled again and again with the only thing that is installed is another installer for the game which is redundant there is no actual game file, says it takes up 6.4 gig but this remains to be seen, I honestly am done wasting my time with this game, it looked good but the trouble i have gone through to try and get it to work is just not worth it, and I know a thing or two about computers.

blazeguardia

Rank 0
PostedApr 08, 2013 5:10 pm

proof

Proof of installer installing another installer in a loop

Might also add that when I close and reopen ignite the button to the top left under my games still says install for scarlet blade, like I said an endless cycle of inability to get this game so I guess since I quit WoW I'm going to go play D3 now.

Uninstalled then logged into aeria and redid it already had the download so I hit install same issue as above gave me the same folder with an icon and small things, completely unplayable, I have spent hours trying to get this to work and I am finally done. I give up on this game, it is not worth the frustration to try and get it to work.

ansagon

Rank 1
ansagon
PostedApr 09, 2013 9:35 am
I see in the background, the window who asks you to press Finish. Press it.

Then, I had same issue but solved turning DEP off for the SB game.

You have the options to turn it off, or keep on and add exceptions. I am maniac of security so I kept it on, and just added to exceptions all the EXE i found in SB installation directory.

Hope it helps you.

blazeguardia

Rank 0
PostedApr 09, 2013 10:09 am
ansagon wrote:
I see in the background, the window who asks you to press Finish. Press it.

Then, I had same issue but solved turning DEP off for the SB game.

You have the options to turn it off, or keep on and add exceptions. I am maniac of security so I kept it on, and just added to exceptions all the EXE i found in SB installation directory.

Hope it helps you.  

Clicking finish does nothing at all, relooking through the installer shows that the only things that it actually installs are an icon and another installer -_- I'm trying to mirrors I don't know if they will work or not though.

ansagon

Rank 1
ansagon
PostedApr 09, 2013 10:38 am
You may try running directly the downloaded installer, Ignite will saves the installers in
%ProgramData%\Aeria Games\Ignite\Downloads
just cut and paste the above path, then you see a directory for every game you want install, "sb" is Scarlet Blade, go into that directory and you must see these files:

aeria_ignite_install.exe
scarletblade_us_installer_20130306.exe
scarletblade_us_installer_20130306sfx.exe

Right click "scarletblade_us_installer_20130306.exe" and select "Run as administrator".
When you come to the window who asks you to choose the directory where to install game, please choose "C:\Users\Public\Aeria Games\Scarlet Blade", that will install game in a directory allowed to change game files itself (program files directory is restricted) when updates.

Hope this helps.

blazeguardia

Rank 0
PostedApr 09, 2013 11:15 am
ansagon wrote:
You may try running directly the downloaded installer, Ignite will saves the installers in
%ProgramData%\Aeria Games\Ignite\Downloads
just cut and paste the above path, then you see a directory for every game you want install, "sb" is Scarlet Blade, go into that directory and you must see these files:

aeria_ignite_install.exe
scarletblade_us_installer_20130306.exe
scarletblade_us_installer_20130306sfx.exe

Right click "scarletblade_us_installer_20130306.exe" and select "Run as administrator".
When you come to the window who asks you to choose the directory where to install game, please choose "C:\Users\Public\Aeria Games\Scarlet Blade", that will install game in a directory allowed to change game files itself (program files directory is restricted) when updates.

Hope this helps.  

Please read what I have said before posting, I'm sick of some amateur trying to tell me how to install things, I grew up around computers and have been using them for the past 15 years, I think I know how to install a program, how to defrag a computer among several other things, I do not appreciate the stupidity in your comment assuming I wouldn't of tired something as simple as that ages ago.

ansagon

Rank 1
ansagon
PostedApr 09, 2013 11:18 am
If this is your attitude, good luck to find people willing to help you.

blazeguardia

Rank 0
PostedApr 09, 2013 11:24 am

Done

no more
I have spent more than 4 hours trying to trouble shoot this game.

I have done the following.

1.) Running as administrator (it prompts for this anyways and it's my laptop I'm the only one who uses it -_-)

2.)Uninstalling and re-installing.

3.) Glaring angrily at the screen.

4.) Disabling Avast.

5.) Downloading from mirror's.

6.) Downloading from Aeria Ignite multiple times.

7.)Downloading from Aeria's website multiple times.

8.) Tried torrent stream but with no seeders a download speed of 100 kb/s with the internet capability to download games such as diablo 3 at 4 MB/s in 20 minutes flat, this is clearly unacceptable.

9.) Fully removing aeria ignite and scarlet blade and re-installing both.

10.) Downloading kamakai (sp) seperately.

I would also like to note I downloaded DFO last night with no trouble as well as the rest of diablo 3.

It has nothing to do with me doing something wrong.