DiMarco_Mafiosi

Rank 0
PostedApr 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Potential new player

So how is this game? How Populated , how are the castle sieges, And can someone tell me how the realm v realm is on this game. tyvm
Advertisement

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedApr 08, 2013 1:24 pm
Castle Siege:
Guilds divided into Attackers (fighting to claim the Castle) and Defenders (fighting to defend the Castle) are fighting each other. Castles have gates and statues that have to be destroyed. To claim a Castle, a Guild Leader has to imprint the Hallow inside the Castle. Once claimed, the roles change: Attackers are now defending and Defenders are now attacking to re-take the Castle.
For claiming a Castle you are awarded 3000 Battle Points. You get 3000 Battle Points if you succeed in defending a Castle, if you're the owner.
Every other Castle Siege participants receive 500 BP.

Realm vs. Realm:
There are two Camps (Realms/Faction) in the game: Eos and Dione.
Every three hours, there is a RvR Battle held at Ruemon, in which the goal is to occupy the middle for as long as possible.
The winning realm is awarded 100 BP for each won round, as well as an Exp Buff for those that participated.

DiMarco_Mafiosi

Rank 0
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:08 pm
and how populated are these battles, and how many active people are playing would you say roughly ^^ oh and how many guilds around that take part too ^^

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:45 pm
Cannot say for sure, roughly only counting serious Guilds (above Lv3). I believe there are more than 20.

About RvR attendance, it depends on which time of the day it is. I guess 30-50 people are actively attending RvR, not to mention all those players that afk in their Safe Zones.

LalaHeat

Rank 1
LalaHeat
PostedApr 08, 2013 3:11 pm
Oh god, here we go... You've been forewarned di... rvr discussion even a simple question, spark up huge and ugly debates on the forums lol...

sikhlord2

Rank 0
sikhlord2
PostedApr 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Re: Potential new player

DiMarco_Mafiosi wrote:
So how is this game? How Populated , how are the castle sieges, And can someone tell me how the realm v realm is on this game. tyvm  

If you consider pop count is the reason for you to join, you should have been here when OB started. It was pandemonium at the start. You couldn't even see Zaman (Ramon's brother) because 20 or so players are waiting to kill him in a small room at a any give time. When you finally get to talk to NPC Luann in Ledise, you could not even see her with all the people trying to click her. The amount of players must have been over a thousand in the first week.

I would think that the current rvr events don't even count 1/4 of the total population of registered/players (time zones considered) or those who still play (occasionally or less) and yet lag is already a serious issue. If you have a so-so comp, i suggest you stay away from rvr coz u will just be fodder for the opposing faction. The question now is, what if the new content comes and level cap raised and those who left or took vacation from the game suddenly decided to play again*your fps should probably at dead zero instead of 1 fps. Rvr would be totally unplayable for players with comp issues. Let's just hope devs seriously put more effort in addressing the lag issues than putting new contents otherwise this game may be doomed.

"It's very difficult to soar with eagles when you're playing with turkeys.": - by unknown

LalaHeat

Rank 1
LalaHeat
PostedApr 09, 2013 7:41 am

Re: Potential new player

sikhlord2 wrote:
DiMarco_Mafiosi wrote:

If you consider pop count is the reason for you to join, you should have been here when OB started. It was pandemonium at the start. You couldn't even see Zaman (Ramon's brother) because 20 or so players are waiting to kill him in a small room at a any give time. When you finally get to talk to NPC Luann in Ledise, you could not even see her with all the people trying to click her. The amount of players must have been over a thousand in the first week.

I would think that the current rvr events don't even count 1/4 of the total population of registered/players (time zones considered) or those who still play (occasionally or less) and yet lag is already a serious issue. If you have a so-so comp, i suggest you stay away from rvr coz u will just be fodder for the opposing faction. The question now is, what if the new content comes and level cap raised and those who left or took vacation from the game suddenly decided to play again*your fps should probably at dead zero instead of 1 fps. Rvr would be totally unplayable for players with comp issues. Let's just hope devs seriously put more effort in addressing the lag issues than putting new contents otherwise this game may be doomed.  

I was wondering why my fps was going so high during RVR the last few days... I'm usually in baston during rvr and I still get the rvr lag. though... you think... if i go to evene, can i sit and watch? I think it'd be awesome if there was a spectators seat, you know when rvr starts, those that want to watch could enter a special area that changes your view to like a football game zooming camera, just pick like four or five toons on whatever side your rooting for for the camera to follow...

Actually though di, due to what siky said, now would be the most opprotune time to jump in.... I waited, I was cb player and I started playing again the first day ob was out, by the time i got to ramon zemon, I waited camped around Zemon for like three days in the hopes to get a shot at him. And since most players reach lvl 10 while still in ledise it gets really laggy cuz everyone opens their lvler bag to find a horse and ride it thru town...

skimi123

Rank 0
PostedApr 09, 2013 8:00 am
if you don't join any realm then you can run around white named all over the place in RVR and no1 can hit you. If you join realm you can stay in respawn point that have guards all around and if your Realm is being camped then you will see most of the war, also by just being there you will get battle points, so there's a lot of afkers.

LalaHeat

Rank 1
LalaHeat
PostedApr 09, 2013 8:02 am
oh, so thats what people mean about afkers... i just thought they were talking about people that were around ruemon and left the keyboard to like go do something real 'quick' and ended up still being gone when rvr started