ToBeFeared

Rank 4
PostedApr 06, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: The Spire

Repeatable without rewards.
Saveric wrote:
ToBeFeared wrote:

Currently, anyone in the party can get as high as the party's capability to go. Everyone gets the same rewards, lvl 40's and lv 70's alike. The current system only prevents the same player from assisting more then 3 other players. Meaning, only 3 lvl 40's can potentially benefit from the assistance of a lvl 70, but those 3 lvl 40's still benefit from the lvl 70 regardless of their lvl.

Also, the only reward that a player can potentially gain that is higher then their lvl is higher exp. All other rewards are not lvl specific.  

What she's talking about is players carrying players that couldn't normally go as far. Essentially 2 level 65-70 can carry a team to Room 8. While a team of level 46's would start to struggle around room 5. If players could do it outside their own run then the group of 4 lvl 46's could split into 2 groups of 46 and have the same two level 65-70's assist each of the groups after they did their run getting those players additional xp and chests that they wouldn't normally get.  

I do not see what the issue with this is. Lv 50-59's can finish NM dungeons with the help of 60's+ which they would have never been able to complete on their own.

Love what you do and do what you love.
Advertisement

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedApr 06, 2013 9:30 pm

ToBeFeared wrote:

I do not see what the issue with this is. Lv 50-59's can finish NM dungeons with the help of 60's+ which they would have never been able to complete on their own.  

50's can do it at level. It's not that hard. You just have to have the correct set up and 40 gear. Not that hard of a task to do. 40 Gear is the easiest PvE gear to get and can last you till 60 PvE set and allows you to complete the 50NM modes no issue. The only ones that need help from 60's for 50 NMs are those that just want to be lazy and be carried.

ToBeFeared wrote:

Not necessarily lose, I also feel bad about killing the same team over and over.

Also, I didn't get my info from wiki. Are you saying that 90% of all the people my level which I battle in GA have close to the same BR as me?  

90% of all my matches we kill in 10-15 seconds. And no what she's saying is that it's based off of level and not BR. Arena picks teams that are within 5 levels of the highest level player on the team for fast queues. If there are not a team with a player within 5 levels of the highest level on the team it expands the search to 10 levels. If you are of average BR for your level then yes the majority of people you could potentially run across for that time slot could be around your BR. It's done by Level though not BR.

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
PostedApr 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Saveric wrote:
ToBeFeared wrote:

50's can do it at level. It's not that hard. You just have to have the correct set up and 40 gear. Not that hard of a task to do. 40 Gear is the easiest PvE gear to get and can last you till 60 PvE set and allows you to complete the 50NM modes no issue. The only ones that need help from 60's for 50 NMs are those that just want to be lazy and be carried.

ToBeFeared wrote:

Not necessarily lose, I also feel bad about killing the same team over and over.

Also, I didn't get my info from wiki. Are you saying that 90% of all the people my level which I battle in GA have close to the same BR as me?  

90% of all my matches we kill in 10-15 seconds. And no what she's saying is that it's based off of level and not BR. Arena picks teams that are within 5 levels of the highest level player on the team for fast queues. If there are not a team with a player within 5 levels of the highest level on the team it expands the search to 10 levels. If you are of average BR for your level then yes the majority of people you could potentially run across for that time slot could be around your BR. It's done by Level though not BR.  

I see many many lvl 50-59's with very low BR compared to me. Non-VIP/cashers have it much harder then VIP/cashers. I do not know you but you seem too active to not have at least VIP, which means you're already ahead of a non VIPs/cashers.

If I would have been of average BR for my lvl, I would have not made that statement. I am well above the average for my lvl on my server.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedApr 07, 2013 4:22 am

ToBeFeared wrote:
Saveric wrote:

ToBeFeared wrote:

I see many many lvl 50-59's with very low BR compared to me. Non-VIP/cashers have it much harder then VIP/cashers. I do not know you but you seem too active to not have at least VIP, which means you're already ahead of a non VIPs/cashers.

If I would have been of average BR for my lvl, I would have not made that statement. I am well above the average for my lvl on my server.  

The fact that you win repeatedly means someone is losing repeatedly so the point still stands, a team should not have to face repeated losses from the same opponents.

And GA is based on your level not BR. If it was BR based then most fights would be close fights. You would not be able to 1-hit kill teams (and 1 mean where all team members die quick not 2 out of 3) and strong teams would not face "naked" teams since the BR difference would be too great. The fact that you face level 50-59 teams which are so much weaker than you is more evidence of this.

Another example is something my GA team experienced:
We used to be level 65/66 all within 2k BR of 50k. A lot of the time we would face weaker teams which we would kill easily, teams where all the opponents appeared of comparable BR not where 1 strong player teams up with 2 weaker ones. Sometimes we'd run into OP teams and sometimes we'd have some close matches. But rarely would we meet people over level 70. In fact we noticed that players (from other servers) who we used to fight regularly when they were level 65-70 we no longer meet as they continued to level up beyond level 70 while we stayed at our current level to max out talents.
Our level 66 then decided she wanted to level up, there was a noticeable change in the opponents we were facing. At level 67 and 68 she was pulling us into the same bracket as teams who are level 72, and in particular we fought Tomato's a few times. Our highest BR in our team at the time was 52k, their lowest BR at the time was in the mid-60s, so by no means a BR match-up. At our level, you can easily check these stats from cross-server rankings and know exactly who you are fighting, their level and BR.
However, when she would be unavailable to do GA we would run with other players back in the 60-65 level range who were of competitive BR with me and my partner and again we were back to not facing any level 70+, even though we knew that Tomato was running at the same time from comments from other guildies in chat.

tldr? GA match ups are based on Level and worked out as Saveric has mentioned. If they were BR based most fights would be close and you wouldn't get teams overpowering each other very often.

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
PostedApr 08, 2013 8:04 am

RollaR_50248 wrote:

The fact that you win repeatedly means someone is losing repeatedly so the point still stands, a team should not have to face repeated losses from the same opponents.

And GA is based on your level not BR. If it was BR based then most fights would be close fights. You would not be able to 1-hit kill teams (and 1 mean where all team members die quick not 2 out of 3) and strong teams would not face "naked" teams since the BR difference would be too great. The fact that you face level 50-59 teams which are so much weaker than you is more evidence of this.

Another example is something my GA team experienced:
We used to be level 65/66 all within 2k BR of 50k. A lot of the time we would face weaker teams which we would kill easily, teams where all the opponents appeared of comparable BR not where 1 strong player teams up with 2 weaker ones. Sometimes we'd run into OP teams and sometimes we'd have some close matches. But rarely would we meet people over level 70. In fact we noticed that players (from other servers) who we used to fight regularly when they were level 65-70 we no longer meet as they continued to level up beyond level 70 while we stayed at our current level to max out talents.
Our level 66 then decided she wanted to level up, there was a noticeable change in the opponents we were facing. At level 67 and 68 she was pulling us into the same bracket as teams who are level 72, and in particular we fought Tomato's a few times. Our highest BR in our team at the time was 52k, their lowest BR at the time was in the mid-60s, so by no means a BR match-up. At our level, you can easily check these stats from cross-server rankings and know exactly who you are fighting, their level and BR.
However, when she would be unavailable to do GA we would run with other players back in the 60-65 level range who were of competitive BR with me and my partner and again we were back to not facing any level 70+, even though we knew that Tomato was running at the same time from comments from other guildies in chat.

tldr? GA match ups are based on Level and worked out as Saveric has mentioned. If they were BR based most fights would be close and you wouldn't get teams overpowering each other very often.  

You miss-interpreted my last response. I see many very low BR people on our server, however, I am never matched against them in GA. The ones I am matched with are almost all close to my BR. I never have any matches where we can 1 shot a team. The fastest we can kill a team is in 2-3 shots, and those are extremely rare. Most of our matches are competitive matches where the opposite team can put up a good fight, and sometimes kill us.

How do you explain that in a given time frame of 2 hours, we are faced with the same team 5x+ times. I am more then sure that from 3+ publishers, there are at least 1k+ members doing GA at the same time. Of those 1k+ players, we are matched up with the same 2-3 teams majority of the time. If it was only by level, then we would see a greater range of difficulty from the people we are facing and have many more easy kills.

A side note, Server 2 still does not have the cross server ranking fixed. The only ones we see on the ranks are only members of our server. Yes I am in the cross-server tab and not the home server tab.

Remnant001

Rank 0
PostedApr 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Red Astral

anyone suggested energine cost be lowered? if not i suggest this. you SHOULDN'T need 4mil to get 500 astral xp because you can get 500 exp through getting 50 green astrals/17 blue astrals/10 purple astrals. LOWER THE COST OR MAKE IT WORTH THE COST

Saveric

Saveric
PostedApr 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Red Astral

Remnant001 wrote:
anyone suggested energine cost be lowered? if not i suggest this. you SHOULDN'T need 4mil to get 500 astral xp because you can get 500 exp through getting 50 green astrals/17 blue astrals/10 purple astrals. LOWER THE COST OR MAKE IT WORTH THE COST  

It is worth the cost when you have nothing else to use Star Points on. That's what it's there for. When you're done with everything else with star points you spend it on those.

Remnant001

Rank 0
PostedApr 13, 2013 11:54 am

Saveric wrote:
Remnant001 wrote:

It is worth the cost when you have nothing else to use Star Points on. That's what it's there for. When you're done with everything else with star points you spend it on those.  

that's just it. with the red astrals coming, i want something that would actually be convenient you know how high the exp for those astrals go and you know how unbelievably rare that energine is. you can spend 4mil and there's .099% of you getting that with 4mil. by the time you gathered enough for one energine, you'd have already made 2k astral exp with the same amount. ever since the new patch there hasn't been many orange astrals that's gotten by players. in the past there were at least three players getting orange astrals every 10-20min and now it seems all i see is just crypt completion and guild blessings. energine has gotten much more rare than before so how does that help? okay sure, it's for end game but still, 500xp = 4m? really? when the exp i need to fill is past 25k xp?

Saveric

Saveric
PostedApr 13, 2013 3:37 pm

Remnant001 wrote:

that's just it. with the red astrals coming, i want something that would actually be convenient you know how high the exp for those astrals go and you know how unbelievably rare that energine is. you can spend 4mil and there's .099% of you getting that with 4mil. by the time you gathered enough for one energine, you'd have already made 2k astral exp with the same amount. ever since the new patch there hasn't been many orange astrals that's gotten by players. in the past there were at least three players getting orange astrals every 10-20min and now it seems all i see is just crypt completion and guild blessings. energine has gotten much more rare than before so how does that help? okay sure, it's for end game but still, 500xp = 4m? really? when the exp i need to fill is past 25k xp?  

Stop using one click capture, you get more Star Points for doing it manually. I get 1k Star points from less than half of the value you're talking about, normally off of 1.5mil to 2.2mil depending. Also I get around 1.2k-1.6k Astral Xp per 1mil gold. Yes it's 4000 per Magus star and Magus gives 1 Star point so that'd why you feel it takes 4mil gold. But remember that you're selling back Greens and Whites, at least you should be, this then recycles the money back around where you can start with much less than the 4mil and earn as if you're using 4mil. Keep only the Blue+, sell the rest. A Green Astral makes a Magus star cost 400 gold, a White Astral makes a Magus star cost 2,800 gold.

I still see one energine every few days someone gets one. Saw one last night in the AM server time.

Yes, I have the Star Points saved already where I can buy all the reds that I'd use. They're only the prime bonus stat astrals that are going red: MAtk, PAtk, Crit, MDef, PDef, HP, Block, and Charisma. The rest are not changing. Most people use 3-4 Stat astrals. So you only need 45k-60k Star Points. I currently am sitting on 47k Star Points and will have all 3 of the Stat Astrals I use right when they are released. Then will be back to energine buying with them, as I have no need for anything else with star points.

The game isn't supposed to be max out fast and then move on. You're supposed to take time to achieve higher level and quality items, or pay a high increasing amount of money. I still see players getting tons of orange astrals(I've gotten about 20-25 between S1 and S2 since the patch) as well as many players getting them back to back. Typically every 100k-800k gives me one orange astral. I haven't really been working on astrals much since Part II came out though thus the small 20-25 oranges only. Been getting my guild mount, guild skills, and some legendaries enchanted.

If I recall it's somewhere around 800k-1mil Astral Value to be maxed for all level 10 astrals. Astral Value is every 10 Astral Experience = 1 Astral Value. So every Energine = 50 Astral Value.

I had never seen 3 oranges every 10-20 minutes though. Maybe it depends on when you play that the ones that were spending before on astrals during your play schedule have stopped working on astrals to get things like: Guild Mount, Guild Skills, Enchanting Legendaries, Converting Gems.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedApr 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Remnant001 wrote:
[snip]

in the past there were at least three players getting orange astrals every 10-20min and now it seems all i see is just crypt completion and guild blessings. energine has gotten much more rare than before so how does that help? okay sure, it's for end game but still, 500xp = 4m? really? when the exp i need to fill is past 25k xp?  

Note that due to 1-click capture being broken many VIP players are spending their gold on other enhancements than astrals (people who get used to the luxury of 1-click find going back to manually doing astrals becomes a chore). Whilst I never saw Orange Astrals drop as often as you say you saw, there is generally a lot less gold being put into Astrals than there was 6 weeks ago, meaning fewer oranges showing. This doesn't mean that the drop rate decreased any.

Lets say that while saving up 1k star points you made about 4k astral value (obviously there is no guaranteed rate but this is quite commen to see). That means every 4k you make you can get another 500 astral value. That effectively is a 12.5% bonus to your spend. It's actually not that bad a price if you break it down like that. Yeah, it does start to seem inconsequential but that is due to the increasing difficulty to get to the next level astral (which is supposed to be increasingly more difficult) and is nothing wrong with the value of exp for price it gives.