macabrevermin

Rank 0
PostedApr 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Item Authorization

Hello, I've looked around the forums and did some searches, but I can't find out exactly what Authorizing a piece of gear does. I see that it adds a stat, but I'm unsure if there are any downsides to it. I'd also like to know how to perform the action. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Moved to the appropriate forum location.
Advertisement

marcLonggun

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedApr 04, 2013 8:38 pm
Authoriseing gear basically means that the Rare gear had no stats on it at all before, and by useing a scanner on it (1gold + auth price) it gains more stats then rares that came from a mob with stats already shown on it

Example
Most rares have 3 stats
Unauth (or authorised) Rares have 4

GMStingRay

GameMaster: USA
GMStingRay
PostedApr 04, 2013 8:42 pm
Our very own Game Sage, TheNinjaKitten wrote up this excellent guide on what each individual NPC does and how to use them.

Check it out here!

macabrevermin

Rank 0
PostedApr 04, 2013 8:57 pm
Thanks for the responses. I had looked at the guide, but didn't see anything about 'authorizing'.

GMStingRay

GameMaster: USA
GMStingRay
PostedApr 04, 2013 8:58 pm
What NPC are you using? Do you have a screenshot?

toxic.denny

Rank 0
PostedApr 06, 2013 10:17 am
i have never seen in my life anything more lame than GM who has no idea about the game his is working for,who ever gave you this job proves only that he has even less idea about employes / economy /market

hiring an abecedarian employe is same as giving to newborn kid a red button from atomic luncher system, completely no difference

this is shame !

i looked for autorisation system and still did not found anything
topic from w.e. dude with guide has no information about autorasation system

normaly a good game should have own Page with information about everything in game and not stome guides from someone. game that does not have it... is only low rated

tip to GMs : go to your boss and tell him to teach you everything about the game , system , option and anything. otherwise u do not deserve to be called Game Master
Game Master= in frist place means the one who mastered the Game!
this is english discovery , that means that the meaning of the word describe the point , from the point of observer and does not have deep meaning.

even if u do not work from this section u still should know about this part since u show there.

from current state and post i can cleary state that u are not GM but Game Helper.

JerBear452

Rank 3
JerBear452
PostedApr 06, 2013 10:29 am
the link GMStingRay does talk about authorization system its just under a different name in that guide called certification system in the guide

for the record i have played alot of games where gms(non aeria games included) dont know everything about the game because its not needed to do their job

chris.aeria

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
chris.aeria
PostedApr 08, 2013 6:39 am
toxic.denny wrote:

Wow, that seemed rather uncalled for. The GM's responses seemed perfectly fine to me.

I think part of the confusion is that the game is not consistent with its use of the words "authorization" and "certification". If you see either one, pretend you're seeing both. They're used interchangeably.

The Guide linked is a good one. If it didn't work for you, what exactly were you attempting? What NPC did you go to? These are good questions.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedApr 08, 2013 12:52 pm
You can only Authorize/Certify a piece of equipment that initially has no stats at all as explained in the guide. I have added "Authorization" to Certification to hopefully make it a bit more clear.