marcLonggun

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedApr 08, 2013 4:00 am   Last edited by marcLonggun on Apr 21, 2013 2:14 pm. Edited 21 times in total

[Recurring Event]Bike Rally -Free Knights-

Next Rally on May 19th
Next Race April 21st @ 4PM EDT Click Here for Event Countdown clock

Rewards for this event are done by Donations, Looking for better rewards? donate to Maravain Very Happy (always in need of more megaphones)

Previous Winners List

April 21st Race
1st - Diamondine [Skill Reset]
2nd - AkurojinNoHi [ 4 Relics ]
3rd - Meloetta [ Emerald Stardust Shard]

May 19th Race

Rules

1. All Currency/Donations transactions are to be done with Maravain only

2. You Must Ride on the Standard White Bike from your Level 10 quest or you will be Disqualified

3. White bikes may be Enhanced, it is Still Fair

Bike rally will be held at the Bike course under Bitterstone Base

Judges Obligations

1. Must own a Bike over 115% speed

2. Must have Video capturing or Streaming software (Fraps/Xfire)

3. Must Actively promote event

Rewards

1st Place - Skill Reset
2nd Place - Narak Relic 4-Pack (4 Relics Total)
3rd Place - Random Enhancement Gem

Judge List
Maravain
ErzaScarlet

Donators
Advertisement

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedApr 08, 2013 4:11 am

Re: Bike Rally -WIP No Date Set-

Would love imput on this
marcLonggun wrote:

Reward

Judges/Refs who will be on a AP bike or something @ or above 115% Speed

GM Thumbs up (Just to be safe)

Date of event  

I could muster up some rewards such as a Lingerie Unsealer or Narak Relic packs, or maybe something else, depending on how much AP it is. But consider getting 3 different rewards for the 3 top places, if the turnout allows it.

I can judge as well as long as it is during the nighttime as I work during the day other than Tuesday and Wednesday which I'm off all day. I do have a Legendary Founder's Bike with 119% speed currently. This ties into my feedback on the date; just make sure it's a weekend so people have time off work/school for it for a higher turnout. Also, most likely the peak hours are from 4 PM PST - 11 PM PST (just an educated guess) so I would try to base it in those times.

marcLonggun

PostedApr 08, 2013 4:16 am

Would love imput on this
ccsultima wrote:

I could muster up some rewards such as a Lingerie Unsealer or Narak Relic packs, or maybe something else, depending on how much AP it is. But consider getting 3 different rewards for the 3 top places, if the turnout allows it.

I can judge as well as long as it is during the nighttime as I work during the day other than Tuesday and Wednesday which I'm off all day. I do have a Legendary Founder's Bike with 119% speed currently. This ties into my feedback on the date; just make sure it's a weekend so people have time off work/school for it for a higher turnout. Also, most likely the peak hours are from 4 PM PST - 11 PM PST (just an educated guess) so I would try to base it in those times.  

In shout box we did say the 21st was a good idea, that place it 2sundays from now as of this post

Time, 4 PM EDT is good, its not to late for Euro players but not too early for West coast players

Now about Rewards for top 3, i do agree top 3 should get rewards of different amounts, though i think AP is a bit much, maybe something that can be traded in gold value lets say

1st place - = roughly 10g
2nd = 5
3rd = 1

unless you can think of differently? id like to host this once a month and we can change the rewards each month but since its our first one offering ap is a tad much (and would encourage cheating i believe so)

Pet Exp /Calc Thread<p> Valk FK Bike Rally<p>Maravain - Medic Valkyrie FK

cidnemo

Rank 0
cidnemo
PostedApr 08, 2013 4:17 am
this is supposed to be on the bike course?...Because I remember trying it out with a +3 free bike and I end up anything but on the second jumping platform >=I

marcLonggun

PostedApr 08, 2013 4:21 am
cidnemo wrote:
this is supposed to be on the bike course?...Because I remember trying it out with a +3 free bike and I end up anything but on the second jumping platform >=I  

Ive actually made it all the way on that course with my +0 free bike, u have to know how to platform a bit if ur bike isnt upgraded, and yes it is going to be on the bike course Very Happy

crimsonlily46

Rank 1
crimsonlily46
PostedApr 08, 2013 4:22 am
I'm assuming there is no way you can get the Lv10 mount back? I npc'd that when I got a real mount, since that one's animation to get on is horrible..

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedApr 08, 2013 4:22 am

Would love imput on this
marcLonggun wrote:
ccsultima wrote:

In shout box we did say the 21st was a good idea, that place it 2sundays from now as of this post

Time, 4 PM EDT is good, its not to late for Euro players but not too early for West coast players

Now about Rewards for top 3, i do agree top 3 should get rewards of different amounts, though i think AP is a bit much, maybe something that can be traded in gold value lets say

1st place - = roughly 10g
2nd = 5
3rd = 1

unless you can think of differently? id like to host this once a month and we can change the rewards each month but since its our first one offering ap is a tad much (and would encourage cheating i believe so)  

Well, if you're planning to turn it into a monthly thing...then gold may be best with your pot idea. I don't have enough money to spend on AP every month like that lol. With the pot idea it would be easier to finance as it would be self-sufficient. If we were to throw into it right now, my money in-game is kinda tight right now due to buying enhancing tools for my gear.

But that's different if it were 2 weeks from now...

| [GS]Sylus - Valkyrie - Free Knights | Post your Valkyrie event ideas! |

marcLonggun

PostedApr 08, 2013 4:25 am
@ Crimsonlily, i do not recall, sadly to keep it fair to everybody we would have to make it required to use the white bike, u can always level a toon to 15 and bring them to the bike rally and only use them for it

@ Css, Yes thats what i was thinking, but we can always ask for donations to make the pot higher or even go so far as to make it 50% 35% 15% pot distribution and reward players that way, so that more that turn up bigger the pot is

ESP_oir

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
ESP_oir
PostedApr 08, 2013 4:29 am
This is an event which has actually already been suggested to GMs by the Valkyrie GSes, I'm all up for this event because it sounds so fun Wink
Not saying it will definitely happen, but it really should and I fully support it!

One issue though, Bikes can be enhanced, even if everyone used their starter bikes some may be faster than others since they've enhanced them. Nonetheless I'm sure we can get around all the problems which might arise, so cross your fingers for a bike rally! *crosses my fingers*

*Siggy Under Construction* Jovan - Kotoka - Blayse - Zihao - Elvira - Neran - Pieryne - Riven GS Nysah of the Royal Guard ( /o3o)/

marcLonggun

PostedApr 08, 2013 4:37 am
ESP_oir wrote:
This is an event which has actually already been suggested to GMs by the Valkyrie GSes, I'm all up for this event because it sounds so fun Wink
Not saying it will definitely happen, but it really should and I fully support it!

One issue though, Bikes can be enhanced, even if everyone used their starter bikes some may be faster than others since they've enhanced them. Nonetheless I'm sure we can get around all the problems which might arise, so cross your fingers for a bike rally! *crosses my fingers*  

Yes however ensuring its a Lv10 starter bike its still a level playing field as all players can enhance it

I believe it maintains the playing field, its not as over the top as lets say, a +7 enhanced fox fire vs a +7 enhanced elite bike

Also, Im FreeKnight, so this would be organized on Free Knights server, i believe your in RG so our events can run separate or together Very Happy