EvelynGypsy

Rank 0
EvelynGypsy
PostedApr 07, 2013 6:55 pm

Missing quests and shop items

First issue:

I bought some data chips from the in-game AP store (so my pets can be somewhat more useful). Now ... how do I attach them to said pets? (>.<) I've tried dragging, and double clicking (both left and right) and nothing seems to work.

Second issue:

In my side bar that gives a summary of quests, there are two quests I can't seem to complete. The first is "deliver the data chip" (main quest). In the summary it says I'm supposed to take the data chip to Hamal, but when I go to Hamal there is nothing to do for him. The other quest is "wandering wolves" (side quest), where I'm supposed to go to the large tree outside of the fuel mines. I go there ... and nothing happens. (_ _)

Any help? lol

Moved to the appropriate forum location.
Advertisement

Spirit_Shadows

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Spirit_Shadows
PostedApr 07, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: Missing quests and shop items

EvelynGypsy wrote:
First issue:

I bought some data chips from the in-game AP store (so my pets can be somewhat more useful). Now ... how do I attach them to said pets? (>.<) I've tried dragging, and double clicking (both left and right) and nothing seems to work.

Second issue:

In my side bar that gives a summary of quests, there are two quests I can't seem to complete. The first is "deliver the data chip" (main quest). In the summary it says I'm supposed to take the data chip to Hamal, but when I go to Hamal there is nothing to do for him. The other quest is "wandering wolves" (side quest), where I'm supposed to go to the large tree outside of the fuel mines. I go there ... and nothing happens. (_ _)

Any help? lol  

For the data chips you need to have your pet summoned to be able to equip them. Odd I know.

As for the quests I haven't had that problem before but most quest bugs I had were solved by relogging.

Hope I helped even the slightest bit Neutral

EvelynGypsy

Rank 0
EvelynGypsy
PostedApr 07, 2013 8:17 pm
Just tried the data chip thing ... YOU ARE THE AWESOME! <3 <3 <3 *tackle huggles* Now my pets will actually do something! (^^)

As for the other thing ... nope. Didn't work. But whatever. They're just quests. I can still kill the Hard out of everything. (^^)

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedApr 07, 2013 8:25 pm
If you're having issues with those quests and can't complete them then you won't be able to continue the story quests which are a great source of EXP. I would recommend reporting it in the bug form so the GMs know about it and fix it as fast as possible.

| [GS]Sylus - Valkyrie - Free Knights | Post your Valkyrie event ideas! |

megamagex

Rank 0
megamagex
PostedApr 07, 2013 9:31 pm
Quests not appearing are usually because you have either not completed all of the current quests, or you missed a quest when you had to receive it directly from an npc. The best way to see if this is the case, is to open the map ( press M) and check the boxes to reveal quest npcs. this way you can just scan the map and see if there's anything you missed in the area.

what was the last main or side quest that you did?

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedApr 07, 2013 9:33 pm
megamagex wrote:
Quests not appearing are usually because you have either not completed all of the current quests, or you missed a quest when you had to receive it directly from an npc. The best way to see if this is the case, is to open the map ( press M) and check the boxes to reveal quest npcs. this way you can just scan the map and see if there's anything you missed in the area.

what was the last main or side quest that you did?  

The original poster isn't having an issue with quests not appearing. The current quests that they have can't be completed because what they are asked to do, they do and nothing happens when it should be considered completed.

| [GS]Sylus - Valkyrie - Free Knights | Post your Valkyrie event ideas! |

Keikain

Rank 3
Keikain
PostedApr 07, 2013 11:09 pm
It sounds like your quest tracker might just be holding onto old quests. Check the main quest window (shortcut key j) and if it doesn't list them under the appropriate tabs, they're likely just still listed from when you completed them the first time. Mine bugs out and does that pretty frequently. It goes away with a restart of the client.

Spirit_Shadows

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Spirit_Shadows
PostedApr 08, 2013 4:36 am
EvelynGypsy wrote:
Just tried the data chip thing ... YOU ARE THE AWESOME! <3 <3 <3 *tackle huggles* Now my pets will actually do something! (^^)  

hehe no problem xD