morterlust

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedApr 02, 2013 6:31 pm
Panderp. wrote:
morterlust wrote:
petelam wrote:
One word that best describes the item mall lottery system: Shameful.

Never buying a "Lucky Box" again. Luck my ***. Spent 100 got squat. Buyer beware. Seems you have a better chance of getting struck by lighting than get an outfit. But alteast you'll have tons of pet scraps...

Everyone should boycott the luck boxes imo.  

So that brings the odds to about 0.20% Smooth AGE, really smooth lol. Good way to loose long term customers who actually have $ to spend but just became completely cynical about your business model.  
looking at how many founders there are.... they don't really need to change anything if people are still willing to spend a lot of money. Their lootbox chances have always been slim and yet people still throw in hundreds of dollars.  

No, this was a mistake. That's like ordering a catering service for a wedding and the a-holes raise the price 10-fold knowing you can't do anything about it at the last second. In this case, I would not even dream that a company can be this shady.

Also since this is not an april fools joke, I'm done with AGE on many levels. One, I will warn my friends; I feel obliged to do this as I don't want them getting suckered in. Few friends that I wanted to come over from Vindictus, -no. I will not discourage them. And the guild I have on another game that I was thinking about bringing over, no I will stay with that game instead.

So there you have it AGE. You just lost a customer who has no problem spending hundreds per month on games and their novelty items, all because of your greedy, -no despicably greedy, odds system. God I feel so stupid... people warned me, and I would write pages upon pages trying to prove them wrong based on all the positive stuff AGE has done, blindly ignoring the facts and history. Lesson learned.
Advertisement

glapfir

Rank 1
PostedApr 02, 2013 8:12 pm
what are you complaining about you have $100 that you can afford to throw away on a video game, you`re doing better than a lot of people.

royaloyalz

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
royaloyalz
PostedApr 02, 2013 10:58 pm
Hahahaha that is so true, and this is actually not the worst I have seen, though it is pretty bad. On another game that I play, the gambling there is insane with people spending over $500 to get something they want. I must confessed that I myself have also spent a couple hundreds on that game, in total probably thousands. Not the best choice, but meh at least I can curb my impulses now.

Note: I notice that I spend a lot more when the chances to win are obviously higher, like 1 rare per $10 spent, or when they are addition rewards when you spent a certain amount.

Also a reason why I never bothered with these gamble boxes. It is just not worth it. That and the fact that there is a chance that they will release it as a buyable item on the item mall tells me that I should steer clear of it.

However, there would still be many of those rich people who have no qualms about spending a couple of hundreds on these just to get the items now, and that is why these boxes will be here to stay.

You, my friend, seem to be better off then most, being able to earn $100 in a few hours, so I personally do not feel sorry for you. It is your choice. Life is always about choices. I guess I won't be seeing you around then, but then again only aeriagames will feel that lost.

Hopefully they will change, but then again nothing usually happens in these kinds of cases.

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedApr 03, 2013 7:30 am
If you spent thousands on another FTP publisher, you can't play ignorant at how the industry conduct their business. Cheap lottery with 0.1% pay out on rare items, high prices for 100% payout. They will continue to make lucky cubes/mbox until players are practically begging them to take their money on tiers for 100% payout for the items.

What is bad about Aeria isn't the rip off mystery boxes/lucky cubes, you get those in other publishers as well, it is the removal of original in game content to sell for AP and manual GM services to give AP spender huge advantages that makes it cheaper to become uber here than with other FTP publishers.

Why is the last part bad? Because if the game become popular, big spenders will complain everybody is uber and demand more AP spending to differentiate themselves from the rest and AGE WILL cave in, driving away the rest that could not afford to keep up. When the game loses popularity or didn't meet sales target, AGE will release additional types of GM service at ever higher price tag to milk existing happy customers.

Look at all other Aeria titles over the years, they always start out with just one simple service to 'reward' or 'aid' players. Then it snowballs from there on up.

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

Panderp.

Rank 4
Panderp.
PostedApr 03, 2013 10:06 am
morterlust wrote:
Panderp. wrote:
morterlust wrote:
petelam wrote:
One word that best describes the item mall lottery system: Shameful.

Never buying a "Lucky Box" again. Luck my ***. Spent 100 got squat. Buyer beware. Seems you have a better chance of getting struck by lighting than get an outfit. But alteast you'll have tons of pet scraps...

Everyone should boycott the luck boxes imo.  

So that brings the odds to about 0.20% Smooth AGE, really smooth lol. Good way to loose long term customers who actually have $ to spend but just became completely cynical about your business model.  
looking at how many founders there are.... they don't really need to change anything if people are still willing to spend a lot of money. Their lootbox chances have always been slim and yet people still throw in hundreds of dollars.  

No, this was a mistake. That's like ordering a catering service for a wedding and the a-holes raise the price 10-fold knowing you can't do anything about it at the last second. In this case, I would not even dream that a company can be this shady.

Also since this is not an april fools joke, I'm done with AGE on many levels. One, I will warn my friends; I feel obliged to do this as I don't want them getting suckered in. Few friends that I wanted to come over from Vindictus, -no. I will not discourage them. And the guild I have on another game that I was thinking about bringing over, no I will stay with that game instead.

So there you have it AGE. You just lost a customer who has no problem spending hundreds per month on games and their novelty items, all because of your greedy, -no despicably greedy, odds system. God I feel so stupid... people warned me, and I would write pages upon pages trying to prove them wrong based on all the positive stuff AGE has done, blindly ignoring the facts and history. Lesson learned.  
1. Many other people will spend. Aeria might lose you, but it has many other people.
2. Many people have also said the same thing as you.... until a more lucrative item is available and they decide to try it again (only to not get it after 50 tries or whatever)

This is why I don't play DWO

Scar93

Rank 0
PostedApr 05, 2013 8:48 pm
I guess I got lucky then. I bought one box, nothing. I bought a second, [Lock] 50 Shades of Black Gear (PU).

kioshiro2011

Rank 0
kioshiro2011
PostedApr 07, 2013 10:19 am
akrstella wrote:
But this is the worst cash shop I've ever seen. Should have known.  

Welcome to aeriagames.

Relaera

Rank 4
Relaera
PostedApr 07, 2013 12:01 pm
Let me sum this up for you...

This is how you sound when you make threads like this (and this)