valatine78

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedApr 07, 2013 5:47 am

DPS Defender vs Whipper

Single target DPS
Hello all,

I have made a whipper and a defender both lvl 22 but somehow Defender feels faster in killing single targets. I know whipper has AoE but runs out of SP alot faster while defender keeps going killing 1 target at the time does it change at higher level or will defender always stay ahead in the single target killing.

Any info is welcome Smile
Advertisement

inktomi19d

Rank 0
inktomi19d
PostedApr 07, 2013 10:24 am

Re: DPS Defender vs Whipper

Single target DPS
valatine78 wrote:
Hello all,

I have made a whipper and a defender both lvl 22 but somehow Defender feels faster in killing single targets. I know whipper has AoE but runs out of SP alot faster while defender keeps going killing 1 target at the time does it change at higher level or will defender always stay ahead in the single target killing.

Any info is welcome Smile  
The thing with the Defender is that it's highest damage attacks have a long cooldown, so it can be very quick for killing anything that dies in 5 seconds or so but tends to slow down over the long haul (like on bosses).

It also depends on how the Whipper is specced. If they focus on single targets, they can pump out as much or more damage than the Defender, but they'll be weaker at AOE. But AOE is where the WHipper really shines.