kelvinblade

Rank 0
PostedMar 27, 2013 7:38 pm

How/Where to Farm Gold?

I always hear people saying they farm 1-1.2k gold an hour.

1) What class do I need? What level?

2) Where do I farm? Strum? Century? How many groups do I pull?

3) Do I need to use loot charms to get that much gold?

I've only been able to get 450g an hour. I'm just curious how to get that much. Thanks.
Advertisement

Heeyuung

Rank 0
Heeyuung
PostedMar 27, 2013 8:29 pm
Hai Kelvin~ I hope this somewhat helps you!

1) Usually an engineer or cleric with good equips are used to farm runs. I would say 60 and above. I'm not sure of the "ranges" of patk or matk to be in, but they should be fairly high so you don't struggle forever to kill mobs.

2) Strum or Century! I have heard Century is better for gold farming since more accessories drop and it's easier. However, I find Strum to be easier for me since I'm really bad at Century farming... (lol)... There's a certain spot you would stand in Century that makes it easier -- what spot? I'm not too sure (@_@).

In Strum Pull the first two groups you see and run towards the back of the first room, get that group and kite them around in the first room til they die. If using an Engi, use oil bomb and damage over time will kill em as you kite. If cleric -- kite, smite like mad, kite a bit, smite, heal, and the likes.

Century: You only pull the mobs from that first portion of the room. There's a spot for clerics to stand in to make it easier to smite, unfortunately, I don't know this. Hopefully someone can help you with this one.

3) Many people farm will use loot charms I and II for higher % of drops = more gold. Not all will use these though. I would suggest to use them since you'll be able to make more gold per hour.

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedApr 03, 2013 5:18 am
In century a geared mage can make over 1k an hour by pulling the first 2 rooms. It involves running in and through the first room, pulling all the mobs in the 2nd room, and aoeing until they die. An average run should take maybe 30-45 seconds.

Where to stand to aoe is up to the mage. It depends on gear and preferences. There is a "safe" spot so to speak at the very back of the second room. To get there from the start you would essentially run in a straight line until u reach the end and then turn a bit to the left and back yourself into this corner. Mobs hit you less there (but still can hit you).

Cleric runs are a bit easier b/c of the stun, but cleric is inefficient for 2 room runs since you have to run all the way there in back. If you plan on using cleric, stick to the first room only. Mages can do the 2nd room since they can teleport out with spacial.

Loot charms are essential, so if you feel confident, use them.

Keep in mind that the runs I'm talking about are for geared casters. It's possible to do it with lesser gear, but it's harder and not as efficient.

It's also possible to do cent runs with classes such as knight, engi, and blade dancer.

There are many videos on youtube of ppl farming sturm and century, so you might want to search for some vids if you need a demonstration.

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedApr 03, 2013 6:41 am
the 1-1.2k an hour is only possible in century, sure you can run sturm but it takes longer making it less profitable then century. To make this amount i think you need about 65+ if not 70+ cause runs are faster so you can do more in an hour, thus making more gold.

Also at higher lvls the time it takes you to load in and out a dungeon takes part as well, i always load really slow and that makes my earnings go down to like 800-900g an hour in cent while others with faster load can make that 1.2k-1.4k an hour with a bit of luck.

KatanasHurt

Rank 0
PostedApr 04, 2013 8:26 pm
At higher levels samurai can farm faster than either engi or cleric (humans anyway) Their heal on crit skill along side the heal on parry cert from DK makes them VERY hard to kill and their AOEs hit far harder than cleric or engi. This takes a larger initial investment to gear up but is more efficient in the long run. A geared samurai can make insane amounts of gold in cent or manor, or if you like a challenge Basel border runs drop a lot of accs as well, although more lure time involved there so takes longer per run

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedApr 04, 2013 9:14 pm
Heeyuung wrote:

In Strum Pull the first two groups you see and run towards the back of the first room, get that group and kite them around in the first room til they die. If using an Engi, use oil bomb and damage over time will kill em as you kite. If cleric -- kite, smite like mad, kite a bit, smite, heal, and the likes.

Century: You only pull the mobs from that first portion of the room. There's a spot for clerics to stand in to make it easier to smite, unfortunately, I don't know this. Hopefully someone can help you with this one.

In Sturm, there is a small mushroom spot next to the portal where, you as a cleric/mage, can run to for safety, it allows you to smite in a majority safety, but you can still be attacked as they can get back there too the same way you do.

In Century, as you first enter, if you stand behind the wall that pokes out to the right, you're safer there than you would be standing in the open.

I can take some screen shots if need be to so you know where to stand.

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedApr 07, 2013 8:15 am
KatanasHurt wrote:
At higher levels samurai can farm faster than either engi or cleric (humans anyway) Their heal on crit skill along side the heal on parry cert from DK makes them VERY hard to kill and their AOEs hit far harder than cleric or engi. This takes a larger initial investment to gear up but is more efficient in the long run. A geared samurai can make insane amounts of gold in cent or manor, or if you like a challenge Basel border runs drop a lot of accs as well, although more lure time involved there so takes longer per run  

Samurai is closer to on par with Engineer and Cleric. Mage and Knight have an advantage due to being able to teleport out or using that longer lasting speed buff.

I say this as a Samurai main who averages 15-25 seconds per Century run but only makes 1.1-1.2k average. There's gotta be some sort of difference with those who make 1.6-2k per hour.