ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedApr 02, 2013 11:25 pm
cmgeloneck wrote:
yes  

If you're having errors with it then just skip this step. I apologize but I'm not all that knowledgeable with the command prompt outside of networking commands. I would guess it's because it would have something to do with your computer/network settings in which case seems to be refusing to perform the command. Unless someone comes along with more information on the matter, then I'm afraid I don't have any information for you rather than just move on.

| [GS]Sylus - Valkyrie - Free Knights | Post your Valkyrie event ideas! |
Advertisement

Dolerio

Rank 0
PostedApr 03, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: [Guide] Improving your Computer Performance & FPS

Updated March 29th, 2013 @ 3:44 AM PST
ccsultima wrote:

Turning off Data Execution Prevention for Scarlet Blade:
This step entails information on how to disable the Data Execution (DEP) feature for the Scarlet Blade program. DEP is a security feature that helps prevent damage from viruses and other security threats by monitoring your programs to make sure they use the computer's memory safely. By turning it off, it will not monitor the Scarlet Blade application, which is a trusted application and therefore doesn't need this monitoring, resulting in more further processing resources available for other applications.

1. Click the Start button.
  2. Right-click "Computer" then select "Properties".
  3. Click "Advanced System Settings" in the left-hand pane.
  4. Under the "Performance" tab, click the "Settings" button.
  5. Click the "Data Execution Prevention" tab then click "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select".
  6. Click the "Add" button and browse through to "C: > AeriaGames > ScarletBlade > SB" and select the "SB" application. Click "Open".
  7. Make sure the checkbox next to the "SB" field in the listing is unchecked. Click "OK".

Should the last entry there really read "unchecked" ? Struck me as odd since if you add it to the list, and then uncheck it, you may as well never have added it in the first place since the very definition of unchecking a box mean deselecting it for the intended function of said listing.

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedApr 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Updated March 29th, 2013 @ 3:44 AM PST
Dolerio wrote:
ccsultima wrote:

Turning off Data Execution Prevention for Scarlet Blade:
This step entails information on how to disable the Data Execution (DEP) feature for the Scarlet Blade program. DEP is a security feature that helps prevent damage from viruses and other security threats by monitoring your programs to make sure they use the computer's memory safely. By turning it off, it will not monitor the Scarlet Blade application, which is a trusted application and therefore doesn't need this monitoring, resulting in more further processing resources available for other applications.

1. Click the Start button.
  2. Right-click "Computer" then select "Properties".
  3. Click "Advanced System Settings" in the left-hand pane.
  4. Under the "Performance" tab, click the "Settings" button.
  5. Click the "Data Execution Prevention" tab then click "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select".
  6. Click the "Add" button and browse through to "C: > AeriaGames > ScarletBlade > SB" and select the "SB" application. Click "Open".
  7. Make sure the checkbox next to the "SB" field in the listing is unchecked. Click "OK".

Should the last entry there really read "unchecked" ? Struck me as odd since if you add it to the list, and then uncheck it, you may as well never have added it in the first place since the very definition of unchecking a box mean deselecting it for the intended function of said listing.  

Whoops, mean to put "checked". My mistake.

Thanks for the catch!

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedApr 05, 2013 12:01 am
Added two bulletins in Other Miscellaneous Tips section on how to forward the ports that Scarlet Blade uses and how to correctly optimize Scarlet Blade graphics settings.

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedApr 07, 2013 1:46 am
Added link and description of the CanURunIt.com site as the last bullet of the Other Miscellaneous Tips section.

Chaoisia

Rank 0
Chaoisia
PostedMay 03, 2013 6:42 pm

Updated April 7th, 2013 @ 12:45 AM PST
Hey, new here and I have a question.

Does (below) help with "internet" based lag? I just recently started playing and have been having internet lag like no other. So I turned to this guide in order to help me and Ive done what you have said but it didn't solve my problem. (Not saying that it should of but just putting it out there.) My computer can run the game fine but its my internet that is the issue. Any ideas on how I can solve this lag of mine? (I guess you could say my game lag is "unstable" or like a heart scanner... It goes up then down. Hope you know what I mean lol)

I'm not sure how fast my internet is but I get about 600kbs-700kbs download speed.
ccsultima wrote:

Command Prompt Modifications:
This section provides steps to modify settings in your command prompt to raise the ceiling of how much your network device will process, allowing for more data into your computer at once, stacking that data at one time into your game and thus dropping the amount of time it takes to load data per second.

1. Press and open your Start Menu
  2. In the Search function, type "cmd" but do not press Enter. A field should populate with an option for the application.
  3. Right-click it and select "Run as Administrator". A screen will pop up.
  4. Type "cd/" then hit Enter.
  5. Type "netsh int tcp show global" then hit Enter.
  6. Type "netsh int tcp set global chimney=enabled" then hit Enter.
  7. Type "netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal" then hit Enter.
  8. Type "netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp" then hit Enter.
  9. Type "netsh int tcp show global" then hit Enter. It's the same step as step #5 but will let you see what you changed.

My PC isn't the issue if your still gonna say so.
8gigs of ram
Quad core
+I set SB it real time.

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedMay 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Chaoisia wrote:

Does (below) help with "internet" based lag? I just recently started playing and have been having internet lag like no other. So I turned to this guide in order to help me and Ive done what you have said but it didn't solve my problem. (Not saying that it should of but just putting it out there.) My computer can run the game fine but its my internet that is the issue. Any ideas on how I can solve this lag of mine? (I guess you could say my game lag is "unstable" or like a heart scanner... It goes up then down. Hope you know what I mean lol)

I'm not sure how fast my internet is but I get about 600kbs-700kbs download speed.
ccsultima wrote:

This section provides steps to modify settings in your command prompt to raise the ceiling of how much your network device will process, allowing for more data into your computer at once, stacking that data at one time into your game and thus dropping the amount of time it takes to load data per second.

2. In the Search function, type "cmd" but do not press Enter. A field should populate with an option for the application.
  9. Type "netsh int tcp show global" then hit Enter. It's the same step as step #5 but will let you see what you changed.

8gigs of ram
Quad core
+I set SB it real time.  

Sorry I didn't get to your question until now. Been kinda busy.

Anywho, No, it wouldn't. That would only help any causes of lag caused by the processor not setting aside enough resources for the particular application you raise the priority for.

To help with your internet lag, here are some points in my guide that could help:

You may also want to access your network router's administration control panel to enable DMZ Hosting for your computer in which will allow maximum traffic access to your computer, decreasing in-game latency-related issues. You may find instructions on how to do so via your router manufacturer's website.  

The ports you can forward for this game are TCP 51914 - 51916. Port forwarding opens up the access point the server uses in your router to maximum capacity to allow maximum traffic into your home network, decreasing ping and increasing FPS. As every player will have different routers, control panels, and ultimately steps on how to port forward on your router, please refer to your router manufacturer's website or manual on how to perform these steps for your specific router.  

For more information, you would need to contact your internet service provider and manufacturer of your modem.

Chaoisia

Rank 0
Chaoisia
PostedMay 18, 2013 5:45 pm

ccsultima wrote:
Chaoisia wrote:

ccsultima wrote:

8gigs of ram
Quad core
+I set SB it real time.  

Sorry I didn't get to your question until now. Been kinda busy.

Anywho, No, it wouldn't. That would only help any causes of lag caused by the processor not setting aside enough resources for the particular application you raise the priority for.

To help with your internet lag, here are some points in my guide that could help:

You may also want to access your network router's administration control panel to enable DMZ Hosting for your computer in which will allow maximum traffic access to your computer, decreasing in-game latency-related issues. You may find instructions on how to do so via your router manufacturer's website.  

The ports you can forward for this game are TCP 51914 - 51916. Port forwarding opens up the access point the server uses in your router to maximum capacity to allow maximum traffic into your home network, decreasing ping and increasing FPS. As every player will have different routers, control panels, and ultimately steps on how to port forward on your router, please refer to your router manufacturer's website or manual on how to perform these steps for your specific router.  

For more information, you would need to contact your internet service provider and manufacturer of your modem.  

Thanks.

I just switched back to my old ISP. Even though my new one was indeed a ton lot faster, it wasn't stable enough to play games on.

Sovtek37

Rank 1
Sovtek37
PostedApr 14, 2014 12:32 pm
I'm sorry but for Data Execution Prevention, "by turning it off, it will not monitor the Scarlet Blade application, which is a trusted application and therefore doesn't need this monitoring" the very fact that you "need" to disable it means that SB is doing something it shouldn't be doing and by definition means it is EXACTLY the type of thing that should by monitored by DEP. There is just simply no reason that any legitimate program needs to have DEP disabled to function properly. Same thing with adding it to anti-virus exceptions, anti-virus warnings exist for a reason.

TeknoVikng

Rank 0
TeknoVikng
PostedApr 21, 2014 2:48 pm
Sovtek37 wrote:
I'm sorry but for Data Execution Prevention, "by turning it off, it will not monitor the Scarlet Blade application, which is a trusted application and therefore doesn't need this monitoring" the very fact that you "need" to disable it means that SB is doing something it shouldn't be doing and by definition means it is EXACTLY the type of thing that should by monitored by DEP. There is just simply no reason that any legitimate program needs to have DEP disabled to function properly. Same thing with adding it to anti-virus exceptions, anti-virus warnings exist for a reason.  

There are instances where legitimate programs trip the antivirus for various reasons.

Make sure to update your antivirus regularly, so that its virus definitions are always updated, to lower the chance of harmless files being considered problematic.

Otherwise, DEP Execution is more of a "default across the board" type of setting that doesn't discriminate, rather than one that targets specific files.